บทที่ 20

My Past, Present & Future

(Listening to Angel by Robin Thicke)

 

Krystal POV 

 

First kiss. It was like experiencing the utmost pleasure in life. My mind was likely go blank when I felt Amber's lips was touching mine gently. I can't describe precisely how the feeling was, bliss or confused- both happened at the same time. 

When, she pulled herself from the kissing, I looked up and caught her eyes with mine and I stared at her smiling lips. 

 

"I'm sorry," she said. 

What was that for? Why she apologized?

 

Putting her hands on my shoulders, she stared at me back. "I thought, kissing you will make your sorrow go away. Didn't even think, that was probably your first time in life. I should be sorry," 

 

It was like someone clipping my mouth from talking because my tongue stiffen. And the heart quickening doesn't help either to save me, since I've been standing like a statue, even a word was hard to mutter back. 

 

"No..." it was slow and barely audible from me. I gathered all the courage I have as I said, "I should say thank you," 

 

She furrowed her eyebrows at me, "For...?" 

 

I was battling inside, deciding what I should say next- being careful as hard as I can since, the situation was horribly awkward with my unexplainable act. 

God, how much I wish someone just please stake me with knife or sword because I cannot see this moment should be lasting long. 

 

"Okay, now I got it," Amber suddenly said, chuckling as she slightly rubbed her nose while looking away for a while, before shifting back her face to see me. 

She stated with her husky voice, "Don't be sorry when it was the fate's fault that ruined everything you had, Krys. I had once, blaming myself over and over, until I had in mind- to take my own life- the way to stop the pain," she reached for my right hand and curved a little smile, which I love the most about her, then let our eyes involved again in staring moment. "I didn't think the kiss will make your pain go away, Krys but I just go with it. Someone said, we should kiss the girl that we like and there's no second thought about kissing you because I'd just want to," 

 

I don't know why I gave her my smile. 

 

Not even a minute, an engine sound echoed not far away from the spot we stood- looking at each other's eyes with hands tightly wrapped together. I can't help but to gaze into her brown eyes for some more, reminiscing all the emotions and feelings that I have for her.  

I felt the sincerity of Amber, the warmth of her gentle touch and the new discover of my sooth place, turned out to be- letting my head rests on her upper chest. 

 

Like Amber had said, she had no second thought on kissing me just now, I also did the same. The difference is, she gave me a kiss but I envolved my arms around her waist- and hugged her tight. 

I love doing this and I wish I can do it again whenever and wherever I want to. 

 

"Krys," Amber called out my name and I can feel her lips is touching the top of my head. 

I just hummed, closing my eyes and kept the embrace, still. 

 

"Your sister is waiting," 

 

"Let her be," I said, shortly. 

 

"And there's someone else with her," told Amber. 

 

I lifted up my head and turned around spontaneously. 

 

Who's that? 

 

A slim figure with really fantastic body-curve. I bet she must the woman in  Jessica's stories and I remember her name is Yuri.

 

 

I released myself from Amber and stand beside her, still closing the gap- circling her toned arm with mine. I've heard Amber slipped out, "She must be her girlfriend, Yuri," 

 

"Yeah, she is," I replied and Amber was seen quite astonished with my statement. 

 

"How do you... know?" she turned her head at me, furrowing. 

 

"Well... I'm not that innocent okay? I know anything about my sister's affair, and, her uality found," I snapped back at her with a big smile. "They've been dating almost a year, without an official announcement to my mightly mother, of course," 

 

"So..." Amber started then. "The party was actually exclusive because...?" 

 

I nodded at her, let out a giggle. "Yep, it was the party for the gays and the queers. Only the VIP level walked in,"

 

"Whoa..." Amber murmured under her breath. "I can't believe this! So, you've been playing along when I said I'm gay because you're used to it, am I right???" 

 

I nodded again. 

"Not really used to it... My sister is not an open book. I knew it from Wendy and Irene," 

 

"Oh, the gossip girls," Amber said.

 

We chuckled together then. 

 

 

 

I saw Jessica is telling me to hurry since she's been pointing at her wristwatch- and I sighed. Amber was the one who said, "You should go. They're waiting for you," 

 

"Okay," I weakly replied before stepping to the picnic mat and grabbed my handbag. I looked at Amber again, with a heavy heart to say goodbye. 

 

The winter break is almost over, that means the school will open soon. And Amber will return to campus earlier than me. 

I still have 2 weeks to spend in my hometown since the MA's break is longer than the degrees. I want to travel back with her again and start everything together. 

I was almost to say all of those but half of me preventing it. 

 

"I'll see you around," instead the lame way of saying goodbye finally released from my mouth. 

 

"Alright, Krys. I'll wait for you in our house," replied Amber, calmly, slowly letting go of my hand. 

 

And again, I don't know why I smiled timidly at her promise. 

 

Can I say that as her promise? 

 

Well, let's just say that. 

 

 

 

I climbed on the passenger's seat at the back and closed the door. I wasn't ready to let go of Amber from my sight as I still watching her waving at me, with her short hair being smoothly blown by the wind and the perfect smile she always has on her face. 

 

 

"You like her, little sis," Jessica teased, driving out the car from my 'first date spot' and has been joining Yuri by her side, giggling at me. 

 

I threw my sight off  the window, gazing at the half-red sky, denying my older sister's statement with a small head-shaking. 

 

"Okay, if you wanna say no, I'm gonna smack your head when we reach home," Jessica warned and Yuri giggled more. 

 

"No, unnie," I muttered. 

 

 

"I don't like her," I continued. 

 

 

 

 

 

"I love her," 

 

 

 

 

(INTERMISSION) 

 

 

 

 

 

 

__________

Thanks for reading everyone! 

Now, let's get real! ^_^