บทที่ 26

My Past, Present & Future

(Listening to I Just by Red Velvet) 

 

She encouraged herself to ignore anything that passed by, forcing her own mind to think of something else. Taking a normal pace, Amber entered the hall and placed herself not far away from the entrance door. She noticed Yebin who was sitting quite far at the back so she made her way immediately to the young girl's seat. 

 

"Hello small bean," she greeted her with a smile. 

 

"O-oh, unnie... I thought you're going to skip this class too?" Yebin replied. 

 

"No... I want to submit the first assignment," 

 

That statement made Yebin slapped her forehead, "Gosh! Finally I remember we have a task to do!" 

"Madam Hwang going to kill me for real heeeshhhhhh!" she exclaimed, putting both palms on each side of her head. 

"What to do unnie??? What to do????" 

 

Amber kept her cool, "Oh Yebin, the due date for that assignment is next week. You still have five days to complete it. I can help you if you want," 

 

"Are you serious its next week???" 

 

"Hmm-hh," 

 

"So why you want to submit it today?" 

 

"Because I have finished it?" 

 

Yebin was speechless, "You're always the one who so excited about completing that task huh? Is it because you want extra mark from Madam Hwang?" 

 

"Extra mark...or not, I don't really mind actually," told Amber, rummaging through her bag to find her favourite pen, "The earlier the better, isn't it? We need to get ready for the first test anyway, and it means we only have two weeks from now," 

 

Yebin groaned this time, "Grrrr I know, I knowwww" 

"I can feel it inside my veins, I'm not going to pass this paper," 

 

"Nah... don't say that, let's study together everyday, okay? Remember last year what you said about focus and reaching goals? You're a halfway there," 

 

Upon listening to Amber's soothing voice, the younger girl suddenly made a quick flashback on her conversation with the girls earlier. She studied Amber's calm face for a moment, secretly admiring the boyish's vibe on being positive in anything she does. 

 

"Unnie, do you like someone now?" Yebin asked, resting her chin on her palm. "I wonder how is the person in your dream," 

 

Giving her housemate an awkward glance, Amber let out a small laugh, 
"Uhm, I like everyone for now," 

 

"Come on, Amber-unnie... We're friends, I'm not going to laugh at your type of woman," 

 

She caught off guard when the word 'woman' came out from Yebin's mouth. The older girl tried her best to stay calm but the uncomfortable eyes showed enough of her insecure side. 

"I don't think... right now is an adequate moment to confess something to you? There's more to tell but... I'm afraid you can't take it easily," 

 

Yebin made a quick denial to Amber's statement, "Don't tell much, just a little then I'll be fine with it, I swear," 

 

"You know I don't have fond on swearing?" 

 

"This is the different way of swearing, unnie. My swear is my loyalty to you," 

 

"Alright then, my loyal friend. We should end this discussion before anything weird come out from me," 

 

"Not weird, but unique, right?" 

 

Yebin's consistency on digging about Amber's current feeling made she sighed deeply. 

"You're not going to give up until I say something, right?" 

 

"Like you said before, never give up on reaching your goal, so that is what I'm doing now," 

 

"Just assume, I'm liking someone, so what will you do then?" 

 

"I do nothing but you should do something," 

 

Amber has been caught off guard again. She breathed in and released an amount of air, putting the end to Yebin's unexpected curiosity by saying, 

"I promise one day I'm going to explain everything to you, Kang Yebin. For today, let's just say I'm not ready yet, is that okay for you?" 

 

Yebin girl hid her smile from the boyish, because she fully understood what Amber has meant. She had intentionally gave out Amber a hard time to think the answer for her sudden question, just to ensure what Minkyung said is true. 

 

"Definitely I'm okay, unnie," she stated, respecting the boyish's decision at that time. 

 

 

 

 

 

***

(Listening to Gold by T-ara's Hyomin) 

 

Amber's POV 

 

I watched how she made her walks directed to the spot I'm standing and with that half-smiled face, she has made my heart fluttered. 

Her feeling for me is very unsure but what I have inside for her is indescribable. If admiring the beauty and the perfection of her face are called love, so then it is. 

If not, maybe I'm just a random fool who had fallen for her. 

 

I chose a pleasant atmosphere for our secret meeting, a secluded place inside this park where nobody will able to see or notice our presence. 

 

"Based from your face right now, I can see you're feeling a lot better," she stated, smiling at me as she stood right in front of my eyes. This moment going to be our second time, meeting each other without anyone involved since the first unofficial date back in LA. 

I suppose we don't have any fixed term yet to describe this ongoing meeting because we're way more comfortable this way. 

 

"Oh Krys, it was just one bad day, time can't stay still for it," I replied to her. 

 

"Amber, I forgot that Irene unnie wanted me to give this to you yesterday," she said, passing me a pack of chocolate bar. "She believes sweet things can make you feel better," 

 

I took it then studied her pretty face for a moment, before curving a smile. 

"I should thank you both for those concerns," 

 

She shot back at me, "Now you can say it directly to me but thank Irene unnie later," 

 

"Yes, tomorrow I'm going to meet Wendy and her nerd group. I still have one thing to do," 

 

"And what that thing?" Krystal questioned. 

 

"Related to the ball," 

 

"Well I'm also related to the ball, right? Why only you involved?" 

 

"It has something to do with my previous interview," I told her the actual reason. "The dean is searching for them and I feel it is also my duty to be truthful for who I am," 

 

She looked at my straight in the eyes, 

"Are you sure? No hard feeling but that woman always gives a hard time to people, you know," 

 

"To be honest, I'm a bit scared if it's going to has a bad effect on my grade but... I'm not going to lost my life for trying, right?" I explained in details. 

 

"Well, if you say so," she muttered, shrugging her tiny shoulders together. 

"I don't get it sometimes, Amber," Krystal let out a soft sigh as she enjoyed the soothing lake view. "I have a lot of questions running in my head about being truthful and straightforward to someone who don't really care about those things," 

 

"Such as?" I asked. 

 

"Such as why we always need to be legal even just to have happiness? I know now the world is changing and modern life is highly in demand but, still, the majorities rule everything in each corner of the globe," 

"Can we just be illegal and live the way we want?"

 

I chuckled at her honest view of life's perspective. It's true what she said anyway, I have no allibi to disagree. 

"It is always the way we look at something that make us different from each other, Krys. Not everyone has to be agree with one opinion but with respect and tolerance, everyone can make our world a better place," 

 

Krystal's eyes turned soft as she gazed at me. 

"Another question I have for you is... does feelings need to be legalized too?" 

 

I searched for a meaning for what I'd just heard through her sharp eyes and I was close to understand something from her. 

 

 

 

 

 

Then, a ringing phone suddenly interrupted us. 

She excused herself, scrolling the green button of her phone and took that call. 

 

I waited for her for more than 5 minutes when she shifted her face at me and apologized. 

"I need to go somewhere first. Do you mind if...you wait me back at the house?" 

 

"Oh, why not? Of course, Krys. I'm going to buy the groceries first then, I'll wait for you," I gave her my nodding head. 

 

She flashed a gentle smile afterwards, tapping my right cheek slowly as she muttered 'thank you'. I nodded again and she began to drift away. 

 

It looks like we're being interrupted again, Krystal. 

I guess those questions in your mind are the reason for why you always avoid people from getting closer to you. 

 

Actually, I have one question too. 

 

 

Is my feeling for you... need to be legalized too?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________

Double update for my loyal readers :) 

 

Actually, I have the same question like Amber in this story. 

 

Does anything need to be legalized? 

 

Especially feelings? 

 

Well, the thing is, maybe if we don't make an attempt to seek the answer for it, we'll never know, right?