บทที่ 42

My Past, Present & Future

(Listening to Circles by Post Malone) 

 

The queer rushed towards the chapel as fast as he could, inhaling and exhaling desperately although he felt he was ran out of air already. His bartender's vest still tight around his slim body when he passed the rows of bench inside of the church, while the other 'guests' were fixed at the reserved seats. 

"Glad you're here tho you're quite late in timing, Key," Amber chuckled, noticed her cousin's face was dripping with sweats.

Putting both palms on his knees, Key coughed out and muttered, "God, I was literally running for my life!" then he shifted to Krystal. 

"Sorry mam', I'm sure enough I've defeat Mr. Bolt but this Llama still unsatisfied!" said Key, clamping hands for a quick apology. 

 

Krystal tapped Key's shoulder, nodding gently then. 

"Don't worry, my perspective is totally different from this Llama, oppa. I don't really get it sometimes what's inside her brain though," 

 

"Oh-ho.. Now you're teaming up with him? We're about to get married, Krys," Amber commented. 

 

Krystal stucked out tongue at Amber, flaring her nose. 

 

 

"Guys, please," Key butted in. "I'm here already and shall we continue what we must accomplish tonight?" 

 

Amber took a quick glance at their guests. 

Dahyun's mouth was opened wide- yawning, Kyulkyung and Yebin in their cute pajamas, Minkyung was tying her hair to ponytail style, while the trio Irene, Seulgi and Wendy still in their daylight outfits, sitting in rows patiently. 

 

She tried not to laugh by nodding to Key's statement. 

"Sure, please go ahead," 

 

 

Key cleared his throat for a moment, keeping his head up, "Alright... Allow me, Liu and Jung to start this ceremony?" he asked, sounded like a newbie Pope of St.Michael from Santa Monica.

 

Krystal smiled while Amber lifted her eyebrows, has thought that Key's voice was sort of annoying. 

 

He blew a sigh and took out a small notebook from his pocket and cleared his throat once again. 

 

"Oh my gosh... I couldn't remember which page I should read on..." he nagged, flipping it again and again. "My god my goddd...." 
 

Amber stole a glance over Key's tiny pocket book, "This ain't time to do a Bible revision, Key-Bum," 

 

Key glared at Amber,

"Shut up," 

 

Krystal clamped , and looked away. 

 

Irene and Seulgi exchanged looks as they witnessed the duo was bickering at the chapel, over something that they couldn't able to hear clearly at the moment. 

 

 

"ALRIGHT, LET'S FORGET THE DAMN CEREMONY RULES AND JUST DO IT WITH MY OWN INSTICT," Key stated because he couldn't take the pressure from Amber anymore since the boyish didn't stop complaining about his lack of readiness. 

"Do you think 2 hours is enough for me to prepare the perfect marriage vows??? And who gives you idea about this???" 

 

"Ermm... exactly no one. I followed my self-instict," replied Amber confidently. 

 

"Then excuse me, LlamBer, since you've used your instinct, why not we use mine for now? Besides, I'm the only 'priest' available for you two tonight," told Key. 


 

"Okay-okay, whatever it is then! As long as we can get married!" finally Amber gave in. 

 

 

"Good," Key snapped his fingers like a diva and fixed the collar of his white shirt. "You can trust me, LiuJung," 
 

Suddenly he clapped, loud enough to make everyone startled and jolted like some kind of electric energy has been plucked into their ears. 

 

"Ladies! I'm Key, your priest for these two souls tonight and we're about to experience the weirdest wedding in the century! Is everyone ready???" Key asked, grinning excitedly as he made a slight bow with his arms opened wide, like he's just finished performing in an opera stage. 

 

Amber facepalmed mentally, sighing in disappointment and was in pure disbelief towards Key's foolish antics. "God, I'd never imagine this in my dream...." 

 

"So, my favourite plushie, Amber Liu, are you sure you want to get married to this wonderful, prettiest figure ever in your world, Krystal Jung and spend the rest of your life with her?" Key delivered the words while holding the boyish right shoulder tightly. 

 

Facing Krystal right in front of her eyes, Amber thought Key is the worst priest she'd ever known but in the meantime she managed to proceed with 'yes'. 

 

Key clapped again and Irene the scaredy cat has been keeping her hand on her chest to calm her rapid heartbeats and sighed for the second time because she didn't expect it's coming. 

 

"And you, angel-like Krystal Jung, San Fransisco born, would you marry this nuthead, half-woman, Amber Josephine Liu and take her as the partner for the rest of your life?" Key furthered and focused at Krystal. 

Nodding, Krystal copied Amber's answer and awkwardly smiled since Key has been grinning at her and that face creeped her out a bit. 

 

This time, Key didnt clap but shouted out on top of his lungs, 

"YES!"

Not just Krystal and Amber, but the girls on the benches also jumped up in sync, as the impact from Key's high pitched- voice hit their hearings. 

 

"Jesus! Do you need to shout?!" Amber expressed, shaking her head vigorously. 

 

"Sorry-sorry, I'm just very excited, Ber..." Key apologized and grinned. He faced up and declared, 

"Now I announce you two are officialy married to each other and nothing can break you down even the God himself!" 

 

Stunned, Yebin thought Key's marriage vows was outrageous but she rose from the bench and clapped. The others followed her as the same time have a quick question inside their heads,

"Is that all???" 

 

"Wait," Amber paused and stared at Key, "What?" 

 

"What what?" Key asked back. 

 

"Is this how you get us married???" Amber questioned. 

 

Key proudly nodded and sighed calmly. "Oh yes. As simple as what you wished for, my dear... Beautiful isn't it?" 

 

Amber was almost to throw a fist on Key's face but Krystal held her and crackled, "Stop, Amber. He did his best already," 

 

Amber groaned then. 

"This is far away from what I wished!" 

 

"Well... at least you are married, tonight? Am I right?" Key casually said, and motioned his face to Krystal on his right side. 

 

"Yeah... Mission accomplished," replied Krystal, as she giggles over Amber's flaming nose. 

 

 

"So now, you are a married couple and I give my consent for you two to kiss each other," told Key, still using his elegant yet proud tone while shifting his eyes to both Amber and Krystal accordingly. 

When they just awkwardly stared at each other and none of them stepped in, Key held Krystal and Amber's back of their heads and forced their lips to meet. 

 

Amber pulled back her head when their lips crashed as she felt Krystal's teeth with hers. 

 

"I really hate you, Kim Bum!" the boyish whinned and rubbed her sore spot a few times while Krystal covered her lips and just laughed out loud when their eyes met accidently at the moment. 

 

Throwing his arms into the air in diva syle, Key replied happily,

 

"My pleasure!"  

 

 

 

 

 

 

*** 

 

(Listening to Paradise by Bazzi) 

 

 

Amber's POV 

 

After the 'horrible' marriage vow conducted by the half-sane Key, I promised to Krystal that I'll make sure in our real wedding ceremony next month, we won't having that queerest priest again. I will try asking his dad, instead of his idiot kid. 

 

"Oh please stop sighing, Amber? Key oppa for me is the coolest priest," I heard Krystal's voice closed to my right ear when she clinged to my arm. 

 

"No... he's the worst," I said, thinking that Key just ruined how perfect marriage vow should be in my dream. 

 

Then Krystal pressed her lips on my cheek and replied, "Should we blame you because you were the one who came up with the idea getting married in the middle of the night?" 

 

I was blushing hard but able to maintain a flat face when I caught everyone's eyes at us. 

 

"Lovebirds! I'm so happy to see that!" Wendy laughed as she raised her glass up in the air. The rest copied her and clanked together their glasses while I'm the only having a plain water because tomorrow I still have to sit for Sociology test. 

Even Krystal has emptied two glasses of wine already. 

 

"Come on, tell us Amber unnie, why you wanted to get married to Krystal this instant??" Minkyung asked as she sipped the liqour from her glass. " I thought you're out of your mind," 

 

"Yeah, it was so sudden! I was even to get ready for a nap though!" Yebin interrupted, refilling Minkyung's glass carefully. 

 

Taking a gulp from the glass, I directed my eyes towards Krystal on my side- glancing to her side profile before I muttered out, "I think of our future the most. We did talk a lot about our past but rarely get into chatting on how our future will be," 

 

Irene from elsewhere laughed, "Omo! That's sweetttttt!" 

 

And her significant other, Kang Seulgi added along as she smiled happily, "Well done Amber-sshi!" 

 

 

"And the fact that Krystal here is 'follow the flow' type, that's why I was able to decide in short period though," I reasoned and exchanged little smile with Krystal. 

It was obvious her timid side is sort of cute to me, but that gentle smile is more than enough to make me feel like I'm her one in a million. 

What else better than seeing the smile, which finally has been claimed as mine? 


 

"Why I think your story is easy and not complicated..?" Dahyun's question had caught my attention afterwards. All the eyes of the table also directed at her at that moment, even though there's an amount of food served beautifully right in front of us. 

 

 

"Not everything is easy, and not everything is hard, Dubu," I began my words. "What you see sometimes, not exactly how it used to be, you know? Before knowing Krystal here, and knowing all of you, I thought I am not lucky enough to 'belong' to someone," 

 

Key's eyes met mine and he nodded in agreement, lifting his glass to me. 

I furthered more, "That's depends on you, the way you look at something too. If you see my story is smooth and not complicated, probably you're right. That seems, you're the easiest person to be positive before someone else," 

 

Yebin, the other shortie of the group tapped Dahyun's shoulder and giggled. 

Again, I gazed at Krystal's face and took her hand, "Now we belong together, in present and future. So how is that complicated? Isn't it Dahyunnie?" and shifted to my room mate, giving her my eye-smile. She gestured a thumbs up , before clapping like a seal from the ocean. 

I felt Krystal just squeezed my fingers as we stared at each other lovingly. 

 

"One thing Amber, if you write a book about your life, and your love story with Krystal, I swear man, I will be the first person to buy it," the diva Key intruded with his proud face then. "Put my name there, Kim Key, the witness of the sadness and happiness of LlamBer, the handsome queer with big nostrils," 

 

The whole group laughed, including Krystal herself when I shot a glare at him. 

 

"Jesus! That supposed to be a joke!" he claimed when I rolled my eyes annoyingly. 

 

 

We continued the eating session, changing bit of gossips, trying our best to cherish the special 'after the bow' dinner gathering for Life Literature Club until our stomachs fulled and couldn't take no more. 

Krystal has been clinging to me since we are announced 'married' and there's no sign from her that she's going to drift away. When there's time I need to wave goodbye to the girls and Key, I thanked and hugged them so tightly, the way to express how grateful I am to have them in my life. 

 

Krystal drove me home and stopped her car not far away from the guardhouse. She tugged the edge of my sleeve as I was ready to turn around and marched back to the hostel building. 

 

"What?" I asked. 

 

She didn't mutter a thing and just looked at me before slowly directed her gaze down to the ground. 

 

Understood, I sighed a smile and brought my right palm on her cold cheek. "I promise, after test tomorrow, I'm going straight away to your house, okay?" 

 

Still looking downward, she nodded her head. 

 

"Krys, is there something else you want to say to me before I'm going in?" 

 

She shook off, and released her tug from my sleeve. 

 

"So then, good night my wife, see you soon," I said with a smile and gently caressed her cheek. 

 

I was ready to step as I heard her barely audible voice, 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Can I... stay.. with you... tonight?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*** 

 

 

________________

 

Short update! 

 

Thanks for reading this chapter! :D 

 

 

 

Can you guess already what will happen in next chapter? ;) 

 

 

 

So then, I will leave it to your own imagination! 

 

 

Love-love, 

YOUR RYAI