Paranoia

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When she woke, Gaelin found that she was all over her husband. Even though they had a king-size bed, they always ended up on one side. Gaelin leaned over Soo-hyuk to check the time on his phone. Nearing 5 AM. Then she noticed the text preview on the locked screen. It was a message from Min Yoon-gi, she couldn’t read the whole message, but the first line asked Soo-hyuk if they could meet to discuss something. Gaelin felt a sharp pain in her stomach. Yoongi oppa wouldn’t do that to her, would he? Oh no, no no. This was getting out of control.

“What is it?” Soo-hyuk asked.

“Nothing,” she shook her head for good measure.

“Then can you please get off me?”

Gaelin shook her head again, and grabbing the duvet she dropped onto him and held on for what felt like dear life.  Don’t be angry with me, she wanted to beg him. If only she could tell him, but every time she tried, no words came out.

“What is this?” he groaned as she continued to cling to him. Gaelin didn’t move, refusing to let him leave the bed.

“Gaelin,” he gently set her aside but she quickly wrapped her arms around his neck. “I hope you remember this when you’re better.” He pried her arms off him and dropped her onto the bed. Gaelin sulked, feeling rejected and not at all like herself. She didn’t want him to go; if he left then he would meet with Yoon-gi and find out what she did.

“You Miss Worst President Ever said some interesting things in your sleep. You kept me awake most of the night.” Gaelin paled under his scrutiny, “I’m very interested in what you’re hiding.” He leaned over her, more like leered at her. Gaelin lowered her eyes, “So cute.” He whispered suddenly lowering his mouth onto hers.  Gaelin stared at him as he kissed her. “I can’t decide if I like you better like this.”

“You shouldn’t do that.” She protested when he tried to kiss her again.

“I don’t get sick, unlike you.” He bragged and she wanted to hit him. Come to think of it, Gaelin couldn’t recall Soo-hyuk ever falling ill. Even when he was a child he never missed a day of school, unless it was for family reasons.

He patted her head. “I will let you think about that secret of yours. Just remember I don’t tole

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter