Tanaka's Confession

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I am glad I was around to perform these errands for the dinner party.” Tanaka smiled.

Namjoon stared at him. Tanaka’s face seemed to light up when he smiled. His eyes sparkled and were filled with laughter and warmth. “It’s the least you can do.” Namjoon huffed as they entered the lobby. “You are planning to leave me to do everything.”

“I would rather not leave,” Tanaka began

“Save it.” Namjoon didn’t know why he was so angry but he couldn’t help it. Tomorrow Tanaka would leave and a butler was being transferred from the Lee Estate to fulfill his duties. Even though Namjoon was familiar with the replacement, it would not be the same.

“I apologize.” Tanaka bowed stiffly, “I wish there was another way.”

Namjoon was about to respond when he noticed Yang Choong-hoon rising from a chair in the lobby. “Namjoon ssi” he waved and approached. He eyed Tanaka and nodded stiffly. 

Namjoon didn’t know why he felt so hot all of a sudden, probably because Choong-hoon had turned up at his home and place of work. “Oh this is just someone I work with,” Namjoon said breezily. 

“Tanaka,” The butler bowed and inserted his access card into the elevator slot. “Shall we go up?” he looked at Namjoon.

“I need to speak to you.” Choong-hoon said, “Do you have time?”

“Well…” Namjoon looked to the elevator and back to Choong-hoon.

“Of course,” Tanaka answered, “why don’t we go up to the apartment instead of the standing in the lobby?”

Choong-hoon followed Tanaka into the elevator and Namjoon had no choice but to get in. Tanaka stood rigidly toward the front of the elevator. Namjoon stared at his stiff back. Namjoon opened his mouth to end the deafening silence but Choong-hoon beat him to it. “I sent you texts and emails.” Choong-hoon suddenly whined, “Why have you been avoiding me?”

There was a chime and the elevator doors slid open. “Here we are,” Tanaka announced. Namjoon avoided his gaze, knowing that he was being judged right now.

“Let’s go to my office,” Namjoon led the way toward his office.

“Would you like some coffee House Master?’ Tanaka asked formally. Namjoon stopped and was about to decline but Choong-hoon accepted.

“So he’s the butler around here?” Choong-hoon asked as Namjoon walked into his office and took his coat off. “You two seem close.”

“What makes you say that?”

“Just a feeling.” Choong-hoon shrugged, “is he the reason why you haven’t contacted me?”

“I saw your messages,” Namjoon admitted, “and I gave this a lot of thought but I cannot return your feelings. We are friends. We are both men.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter