Confession

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Lee Estate Lodge was actually a giant property that the family used during the winter. There were so many good memories in this place, including her honeymoon. But this was not going to be one of those times because her husband had forced her up here. Taken her phone and told her they wouldn’t leave until all their issues were worked through. Gaelin kicked off the giant duvet and stared frustrated up at the ceiling. Why did he bring her here and even though it was a Saturday did he think it was all right to just keep her here against her will? Fine, if she were being honest she was a little thrilled at the whole situation. It meant he at least cared but it was now up to her to find out just how much he cared and if she would be able to accept that or whether it would not be enough.

Slipping out of bed she had a shower and changed into jeans and a sweater. It was always colder up here. It was already getting darker when she tiptoed downstairs to look for Soo-hyuk.

Soo-hyuk ran a frustrated hand through his hair, “You are my House Master, just make it work. I am not sure how long we will be gone but without going into too many details I know you understand that this is necessary,” he paused, listening to something Namjoon said, “The Lee Household dinner party can be postponed…” he sighed heavily, “I understand it’s never happened before...” Soo-hyuk gave out some last instructions and told his HM to keep in contact via email unless it was an emergency. He had barely hung up when the phone rang again and he groaned when he saw it was his father calling, “Good evening Dad. How are you?” he grimaced when his father demanded to know why he wouldn’t be attending their monthly meeting. He hadn’t exactly thought this true but he had panicked hearing Gaelin talk about leaving him and worse. She had hurt him a lot last night, but he knew that he needed to make things right. He was not ready to give up on her. He took a deep breath, “I have taken Song Gaelin away for the weekend.” His father actually laughed, “Dad do you remember when you asked if I was willing to enter this competition knowing that I might lose Song Gaelin? Well, I’m not willing to take that risk. I have done everything for this family so please let me do this one thing for myself…” Soo-hyuk sighed, “I will not lose the Golden Quill but God forbid it happens, it will happen on my terms and do not worry I will at least make sure Woo Minjae does not win.” He said goodbye and his shoulders slumped. Nothing in his life made sense anymore. A couple of months ago he would never have dreamed of giving up the Golden Quill, but now he had something greater to lose.

Gaelin heard it all. Soo-hyuk was giving up everything he cared for and all because she couldn’t keep it together and be a good wife to him. Slowly she approached and slid her arms around his waist and rested her cheek against his back. He froze and then softened, “How long have you been here?”

“I love you,” she whispered and squeezed her eyes shut, “But I love you too much.” Soo-hyuk was silent but he pulled her hands tighter around him, “I have always loved you and I’m sorry that my love for you has caused us so many problems. I will not give you any more problems. I will remain silent and by your side always. You should not give up anything you desire because of me…just knowing that you would is enough for me.”

“Gaelin are you a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter