New Obsession

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook should feel better after he spoke to Lee Soo-hyuk, but the truth was the relief he had felt after dinner was fleeting. He had not come completely clean with his cousin and only told him about his mother’s persistence over him moving back home. Soo-hyuk had assured Jungkook that things would return to normal very soon and that he would work harder to make sure their household was a safe and happy one. Jungkook had not told Soo-hyuk about his mother’s plans for Jungkook to leave his career as an idol. That was his stress to carry and deal with. Last night Soo-hyuk hadn’t come home and the HM had said he was with Song Gaelin. That made Jungkook happy, but at the same time, he was incredibly lonely in the big apartment.

He had come home from his schedule and wandered through the silent apartment. He could no longer hear the animated conversations of the Presidents and the House Master as they argued over business or Taehyung rushing around as he always did, bothering everyone with his stories and need for attention. The kitchen was no longer lively and the smells of Tanaka’s special coffee no longer wafted out of the kitchen. He sometimes thought he heard the sure and precise footsteps of the butler and turned expectantly, only to find the passage empty. Late at night the HM was still working in his office and standing in the doorway, Jungkook had found Namjoon sitting at his desk a defeated look on his face. Jungkook had gone into the kitchen and made him something to drink, “I know it is not as good as Tanaka’s coffee, still…” he set down the tray and Namjoon gratefully accepted the cup and tasted the coffee. Jungkook waited, “Not bad Master Jungkook.” Namjoon smiled and took another sip.

“Is there anything I could help with…” he half expected the HM to send him away but Namjoon lifted a pile of correspondence and handed it over.

“Could you file these? The files are in that cabinet.” Jungkook took out the files he needed and sat at the opposite desk, where Tanaka would sit when he helped Namjoon and they worked in silence. “Managing?” Namjoon asked after an hour had gone by with no sound from the young idol.

“This is actually fun.” Jungkook laughed at Namjoon’s sour face.

“In that case, there is a lot more where that came from.”

“I don’t mind.”

Namjoon considered him. It was funny how the family came together at tough times. He had never really expected Jungkook to care about him, the younger man was always so busy with his schedule and trying to keep up with family expectations, but here he was, using his free time to help Namjoon out. It meant a lot to him and he would not forget it.

 

 

Jungkook woke early and dressed. The house was still silent and he wondered if Soo-hyuk had come back at all and if the House Master got an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter