Dinner plans

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gaelin was trying to concentrate on the menu for the dinner party she was hosting next month. All the heirs would be over and it was always a big deal. The competition of which heir hosted the best party was intense and Gaelin and Tanaka took it very seriously. These dinners took place every second month, with the Christmas party hosted by the family who held the Golden Quill.  It was not in her nature to lose and for Tanaka, it was a direct competition with the other estate butlers.

Right now she was having difficulty compromising with Tanaka.  

“I want the salmon as a main and not an entrée” Gaelin was adamant.

“No.” Tanaka shook his head defiantly. His shoulder length hair danced around his shoulders. It looked really soft Namjoon thought. Wait, what was he doing noticing that sort of thing?

Gaelin smiled thinly “When are you going to learn to compromise?”  

The butler grumbled as he made a note, “President, the Jung Household served salmon as a main last year.”

“Ours will be better,” Gaelin said, “Unless you think you can’t…”

“Will you stop playing battlefield with the menu” Namjoon looked up from his own notes. “This meeting was supposed to be over an hour ago.” Gaelin and Tanaka glared at him, “Carry on.” He looked helplessly up at Soo-hyuk who having just arrived home followed the noise and found the meeting in the dining room.

“You’re over schedule.” Soo-hyuk smacked Gaelin lightly over the head with his newspaper and took a seat beside her. After listening to the argument over entrees he pulled the samples toward him and tasted each.  “I like salmon as an entrée.” He concluded. That was all Tanaka and Namjoon needed. Gaelin shot her husband a murderous look to which he just carried on eating. “Pass me yours.” Soo-hyuk motioned to her half-eaten salmon entrée. Gaelin shoved her plate toward him.  

“Moving on to the main,” Tanaka rang a bell and the chef wheeled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter