Special News

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am sorry for not updating these past weeks but school exams are here. I will try and post again soon. Hope you enjoy this chapter and thank you subs and comments. :) 

Gaelin entered her private lounge and closed the door quietly behind her. Woo Yerin stood in front a display table where Gaelin had some of the more important photos framed. Coming to stand next to the young woman she saw that Yerin was holding a picture of Gaelin and Soo-hyuk on their wedding day. “I bet this one is unnie’s favourite,” Yerin whispered as she stared wistfully at the picture.

Gaelin scanned the different photos, “they are all nice photos.”

Yerin nodded and set the photo down, “I remember that day as if it were yesterday...”

After knocking Tanaka entered and bowed briefly at Woo Yerin, “President will you be having tea in the garden or the conservatory?”

“The conservatory,” Gaelin answered automatically.

“I hardly bring anyone to this part of the house,” she explained and led Yerin down a small passage with French doors facing a small but beautiful garden, “This area of the house is just for me.”

“I also have a garden.”

“Your garden is lovely.” Gaelin praised and walked on. The passage opened up into a conservatory with wooden floors and Persian rugs and a comfortable couch at one end and a small writing desk on the other. “This is where I hide away when I want to escape all those men,” Tanaka smiled as he prepared the tea.

“Will that be all President?”

“Yes, thank you Tanaka.” The butler left the room, closing the doors of the conservatory behind him.

“It must be strange to be the only women in a household full of men,” Yerin agreed.

“That is why it’s important to have a space for yourself. A place where you can clear your mind.”

“I hardly realised how big this place is.” Yerin accepted the tea that Gaelin handed to her, “But isn’t it true oppa’s mother wanted you to live on the Estate?”

Gaelin stirred the tea as she thought of the best answer to that question. It was true that Soo-hyuk’s mother was pushing for the whole family to live together, but after years of living under the watchful eye of her mother she had been desperate for a home of her own.  Soo-hyuk went against his parent’s wishes and bought them this apartment and gave her free reign over it. Thinking about that time made her realise that in his own way, Soo-hyuk had always shown that he loved her. Even when he lashed out or was cruel, it was because she provoked or hurt him first.

“You are right but our lives are better this way. One day when Yerin ssi marries, you will also want a place to call your own.”

“I am never getting married,” Yerin said sullenly

“Is it because of Lee Soo-hyuk.” Yerin looked away but her cheeks were red, “I heard what happened in Hong Kong.” Gaelin said plainly. Yerin looked back and she saw there was not guilt or remorse. Gaelin nodded, “I was hoping you would feel a little bad for coming onto another woman’s husband.”

“Unnie if you think I am here to apologise then you can dream on.”

Gaelin looked down and smiled softly, “No I suppose that would be asking to much.”

Yerin pushed back her chair so that it fell, “You always look down on me. What makes you better huh? If you weren’t the Song heir, oppa would never have married you.”

***

Tanaka opened the door to Gaelin’s private lounge and had to step back to stop Jungkook and Taehyung from falling onto him. Namjoon was also there, leaning against the wall and trying not to look interested. “Are you three trying to eavesdrop?” he closed the door firmly so they couldn’t look inside.

“Are they fighting yet?” Taehyung asked excitedly.

“My money’s on nuna.” Jungkook said

“Mine too,” Namjoon didn’t look up from his phone.

“Are you serious right now?” Tanaka shook his head, “don’t you have better things to do?”

“No,” the three men chorused.

Tanaka sighed, “It does look like they will fight.” He offered them some info.

“Do you think nuna will notice if we just stand by the conservatory door?” Jungkook asked

“What are you all doing here?” they jumped when Soo-hyuk rounded the corner.

“I was just serving tea President,” Tanaka quickly thought of an excuse.

Soo-hyuk turned his attention to Namjoon and the idols, “Well?”

“Aish hyung aren’t you curious?” Taehyung asked, “I want to see them fight.”

Soo-hyuk’s mouth twitched as he tried to stop himself from laughing, “Of course I am,” he admitted, “but if Gaelin finds us out here we will all suffer.”

 “The President is right,” Tanaka admonished them, “everyone back to work.”

Soo-hyuk stopped Namjoon, “I am off to meet the accountants.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter