Resolution

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I suppose I should let you know what happened to Minjae and Yerin. One would assume they would go to jail or a psych ward but this was the Consortium and everyone had signed waivers before entering the Competition. Their father called in a favour and it was agreed that Minjae and Yerin would leave the country. They would give up all interests in the Consortium and live off an allowance provided by the Woo Estate. What they did with their lives would be of no concern as long as they never appeared again.

It was a blow to the Woo Estate who now had lost both its heirs and meant that the Chairman had to carry on working. A too light sentence in my eyes, but it was done and they were gone. It would be too easy to say that things ended in this way, that it was the last we saw of them but Woo Minjae and Yerin would appear again and in the most unlikely of ways.

I know Gaelin hoped that she would never hear of Minjae or Yerin again. I shared the same feeling. Soon our attention was turned to the new Lee heir. I had never seen the Lee household so festive, it was as if every day was Christmas. The House Master surprised me most as he, Tanaka and Soo-hyuk made preparations for the child. There was more than one occasion when other members of the Lee Household displayed jealousy over all the attention the unborn heir was receiving. Everything else came second, so much so that Jungkook’s sadness almost escaped us, almost…

“How long is he going to be like this?” It was Hoseok who asked the question as he accepted a glass of wine from Tanaka. Namjoon came to stand beside him and shrugged. “I have run out of ideas.”

“Me too.” Taehyung gave a heavy sigh which caused everyone to stare at him. “Bwo?”

“You had one job,” Soo-hyuk groaned and covered his face in a dramatic fashion, “Yah big mouth, couldn’t you find that girl?”

“I am not the head of Oracle.” He looked pointedly at his cousin. Gaelin came to stand beside Hoseok and Namjoon and watched Jungkook sitting by himself out on the patio. “Nuna you know where that girl is right?”

Gaelin didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter