Lets Go Home

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the evening of their second day on the island, Gaelin decided to take matters into her own hands.  Soo-hyuk and Yoongi had failed to get Saya to meet with Hoseok and he pretended not to be hurt by the open rejection. These men seriously expected things to just happen without even trying! The driver left her at the bottom of the street and she took a slow walk up to the split level house. There was a teenage boy lying on his back on the porch, trying to stay cool. Gaelin stepped around and rang the doorbell.

It was Saya that opened the door. Gaelin knew her instantly. “You better come in.” Gaelin followed her into the kitchen, where a small electric fan was working tirelessly to ease the heat. “It’s always this hot,” Saya explained. “Wine?”

“Water.” Gaelin sat

“Do you mind if I drink?”

“Please go ahead.”

Saya took a sip of her drink and sat opposite Gaelin, “I am not surprised to see you.”

"I am here to ask you to meet with oppa.”

“Is that for Hoseok ssi or my benefit?”

“I know you’re curious. After all these years I am sure you have questions…”

“I’ll survive,” Saya was curt. Gaelin took a moment not wanting to push her too much. “Maybe I would be more willing if he didn’t send others in his place.”

“And I apologise for that,” Hoseok said from the entrance of the kitchen. “But I am here now.” He met Gaelin’s eyes and she stood. Gaelin pressed a hand to his shoulder in support as she passed him.  “Wait for me outside.” He told her softly. 

“Hello.” He greeted clumsily and shoved his hands in his pockets. Saya didn’t’ stand but she looked just as uncertain. “I am sorry it has taken me so long to find you,” Hoseok whispered.

From where she stood in the dark passage Gaelin smiled and then went to wait for Hoseok on the porch where the boy still lay on the cool cement.

Hoseok just stared; it was like seeing her for the first time or the last. Saya looked back at him, “You are even better than I imagined.”

“I am?” she laughed embarrassed by the comment. “I have wondered what it would be like to see you again. I didn’t think I would have to wait this long.”

“I thought something terrible happened to you.”

“I don’t understand.” Saya s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter