Master Mind

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Did those judges really expect them to battle it out through this maze to the get to the Golden Quill? How incredibly silly. Yoongi strolled along the lines of the maze and pulled out leaves as he walked. Gaelin had left and the minute he was back home, he planned to have a serious talk with Minjae about his behaviour. It was time for their hyung to get some help. But this was boring, nothing was really happening. How long would it take Soo-hyuk to get to the Golden Quill so they could all go home? 

A pair of shoes, a handkerchief, his watch, a cup? What did those things mean? That hole Soo-hyuk said Gaelin had fallen into. Was this really how Saya had come to her end? He slumped to the ground and pressed his eyes closed. He had to remember what happened that day. Saya had been in the courtyard and that evening Woo Minjae had been bragging. He could never keep his mouth shut...Aish how long was Soo-hyuk going to take to get that damn quill? He couldn't wait to get out of this damn compound. When he had complete control of the Jung Estate, he would burn this place the ground. 

Standing, he began running through the maze, "Whoa!" he caught hold of Yoongi as his friend rushed passed him. "What is it?" 

"Can't you hear it?" 

Hoseok stopped and listened, "Water?" 

"And screaming you fool!" Yoongi turned and ran. Hoseok raced after him.

 

Soo-hyuk could hear water, strange he knew there was a river here but was he that close? Gaelin caught him around the mouth and pulled him to one side. Slowly she lowered her hand and pressed a finger to her lips. He nodded. 

"You can't be here..." he whispered. 

"Something is wrong..." Gaelin whispered and motioned behind her. Namjoon and Tanaka silently approached. 

"What are you all doing here? Do you want to get me disqualified?" 

"You know it would never be that." Gaelin said and turned to Namjoon and Tanaka, "Go find Yoongi and Hoseok oppa. Get them to the helicopter." 

"What is going on Gaelin?" Soo-hyuk took her hand and pulled her along the maze. "I might as well try and find the Quill before you ruin everything." 

"Its a trap you fool." 

Soo-hyuk stopped and turned back to her, "Go on..." he trailed his fingers along a statue and listened while she told him everything. "So Saya ssi is still alive?" 

"And breathing." a cool voice said from behind them and then Gaelin winced as Soo-hyuk was hit over the head. "'Don't worry Gaelin...I won't hurt your pretty head just yet. We should talk. Have some tea"

"Yerin ssi?" 

"Surprised?" she laughed, "I have to thank you unnie. I really thought I would not get a chance to see you in person like this. You almost escaped didn't you, but then you just couldn't keep your nose out of it. Had to go digging around for your precious best friends." Gaelin kept quiet and walked beside Yerin.

"Unnie!"  

Gaelin looked up and stopped dead when she saw Sarang, Taeyoon and Jiyeon at the table. "What are they doing here?" she demanded. They all looked confused and afraid. "They have nothing to do with the competition. They should not be involved," 

"You all signed waivers didn't you?" Yerin shrugged, "I needed a little leverage." she nudged Gaelin on. "I need you to get dressed. We're going to have a proper tea and maybe even a wedding or two!" Gaelin looked around frantically. "Go on then." 

A man escorted Gaelin up to the house and led her into a room. Where were Tanaka and Namjoon? Maybe they were waiting at the helicopter with Hoseok and Yoongi. Hopefully, they were safe but Soo-hyuk was still out there and where was Woo minjae? Turning she saw a black lace dress. It was truly beautiful but really not appropriate for whatever was happening out there. 

Once she was changed, she was led back outside. Hoseok and Yoongi sat at a table with Namjoon and Tanaka. Soo-hyuk sat alone at a table with Yerin. Gaelin approached and rushed to his side. "Kwenchana?" they both asked. Gaelin looked around and Hoseok and Yoongi nodded, telling her they were fine. 

Yerin motioned for them to sit. "Now this is just a standard divorce paper." she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter