Chance in Hong Kong Part I

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soo-hyuk had finished his first set of meetings and felt good about his plans for the new development. Tomorrow he would conduct inspections of the properties Lee Corp-owned in Hong Kong. The last day of his stay would be spent meeting with the internal staff at the Lee branch in Hong Kong. It was a short trip and normally he would have spent a week here, but with everything happening back home it was the worst time for him to be away. He hated leaving his household when it felt so disjointed. So much of his peace of mind came from his home situation and now that he didn’t have that he felt out of sorts. That morning he had woken and found that Gaelin had already left sometime in the night. He had wanted to phone her up and take off with her for being so silly, but he had stopped and just let it go. He decided to deal with Gaelin and Jungkook when he returned.

“Oppa?” Soo-hyuk had just exited the car and was heading into his hotel when Woo Yerin called out to him.

“Yerin ssi?" What are you doing in Hong Kong?” he bowed and they walked into the hotel together.

“I am here for a training workshop,” Yerin explained. “What is oppa doing here?”

“Business trip.” Yerin followed him to the front desk where he received his messages. Soo-hyuk checked his phone and then turned his attention to the girl. “Well have a good trip.”

“Oppa do you want to have dinner together?” Yerin blurted out. Soo-hyuk raised bemused brows noticing the red tinge on the girl’s cheeks.  Of course, he knew this look, from the time he was young he had an effect on the opposite . He had not forgotten what a smitten girl looked like. Woo Yerin was not someone he would normally socialize with, for one she was the sister of the man that was hell bent on tearing Soo-hyuk’s family apart and taking away the Golden Quill and then his sister didn’t have many good things to say about Woo Yerin.

Still, they were both in Hong Kong and as fellow members of the Consortium, he was duty bound to take care of her. “Why not,” he handed his messages to his PA who had accompanied him on the trip. He released her for the evening and escorted Woo Yerin into the hotel restaurant. He had made a reservation for a private room and originally planned to enjoy a quiet solitary dinner.

“I am so glad I ran into you like this,” Yerin said as she took her seat and Soo-hyuk ordered water. “I would like a glass of wine,” Yerin told the waiter.

“Just water and tea for me,” Soo-hyuk told the waiter. “I have to be up early tomorrow.”

“Oh,’ Yerin tried to hide her disappointment. It would be better if they both drank, but she needed the courage so she still ordered the wine. She had come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter