Girls Night Gone Wrong

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sorry, I’m late.” Gaelin slid into her seat and smiled at the women around the table. They were meeting for drinks, but Gaelin was eager to get home. It had been a crazy week and things were still a little shaky with Soo-hyuk after he found out the truth about where she was on Saturday night.

“Unnie, you don’t take these meetings seriously.” Lee Jiyeon pouted. Gaelin smiled fondly at her sister-in-law.

“Why would she?” a young girl with bright blonde hair sniffed, “Gaelin ssi is part of the Consortium. Don’t you look down on these little gathering’s of ours unnie?”

“Woo Yerin!” Young Sarang was aghast at the girl’s brash words but Yerin merrily shrugged.

“You know I don’t” Gaelin said pleasantly. It was always so hard to maintain the peace at these meetings made up of family members of the Consortium heirs, “After spending so much time with those men, it is a welcome to get this time to just relax.” She smiled at each of them.

“But when we were growing up, you preferred hanging out with the guys.” Min Sinyeo reminded the table. “Isn’t that right?”

“Unnie, were you planning to get Soo-hyuk even then?” Yerin leaned closer as if she were interested in a love story.

“I never planned to get Soo-hyuk…” Gaelin frowned at the line of questioning. There were cruel and vicious rumors around her marriage, but since her marriage was in its third year, those whispers had started to die down.

“Which is more than I can say for oppa.” Jiyeon came to Gaelin’s defense. Gaelin shook her head but Jiyeon didn't stop, “I hate all these women who put all the blame on unnie when it was oppa who did everything.”

“That’s a lie though isn’t it?” Sinyeo saw how quiet Ye-rin had grown. “Soo-hyuk wasn’t even interested in marriage.”

“Where is Jeon Ga-in?”  Gaelin asked trying to change the subject. Jungkook’s sister wasn’t here yet and that was not like her.

“She has more training.” Jiyeon told the group, “but she promises not to miss the next one.”

“Shall we get some wine?” Gaelin asked and everyone nodded. Lifting her hand she called the waitress.

“Welcome President.” The waitress bowed and smiled warmly at Gaelin and at the table, “What would you like?” Gaelin ordered a bottle of red and white wine for the table. ”So how is everyone?” she asked once the wine was served.

“Terrible.” Sarang moaned and pulled a folder from her bag, “Look at this.” She handed the folder to Sinyeo who sat beside her.

“Is your husband cheating?” Sinyeo read out the title of the folder. “What is this?”

“It seems there is a demand for information on how to tell if your husband is cheating.” Sarang explained, “I really hate running this sort of thing, but it seems this is what readers want.”

Gaelin felt sorry for her friend. Sarang was editor of a popular woman’s magazine and was striving to create quality content and change the image of woman’s magazines. This sort of thing went against her plans for On Top, a magazine that had a strong feminist streak.

“Just run it.” Sinyeo advised, “You don’t want to lose readers.” She handed the folder to Ye-rin.

“Unnie,” Yerin looked at Gaelin, “Why not test this out on oppa?”

Gaelin sighed and ignored Sarang and Jiyeon who simultaneously kicked her under the table, “Why would I do that?” she entertained the girl.

“Well, it might be an interesting case study for Sarang unnie,” Yerin explained. “Oppa is a sought after man, he is successful and good at everything he does, surely it must be hard to have a balance between work and marriage…”

“Yah Woo Ye-rin,” Jiyeon was fuming as she glared at the other girl, “My brother doesn’t cheat.”

“All men are the same,” Sinyeo smirked.

“Why don’t you try it then?” Sarang smiled sweetly.

“Why don’t we all try it?” Sinyeo returned Sarang’s smile. “We can swap notes next time we meet.”

“Sure,” Gaelin replied on behalf of the table, “Unnie, please email us this test. We will provide some interesting feedback.” Gaelin snatched the folder from Ye-rin and flipped through it, “It does look interesting.” She lied.

“What looks interesting?” Soo-hyuk asked as he appeared at the table and stood behind Gaelin’s chair. The woman gaped up at him, shocked at his sudden appearance. 

Soo-hyuk eyed the folder but Gaelin quickly flipped it over. “I am sorry ladies for disturbing your evening but I also have a meeting at this restaurant and since I am early I thought I'd greet you.” He smiled. A smile to seduce everyone and it worked.  Gaelin couldn’t believe how easy it was for him to turn on the charm and for everyone to fall for it. If only they knew what a demon he was.

“Well met President,” Their House Master approached the table and bowed, “Is all well?” he smiled at the women, who easily smiled back. The Lee House Master was well known and his services were sought after. He was good at his job and also had a pleasant air about him.

Gaelin turned in her chair and glared up at the two men, silently asking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter