Erratic and Unstable

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a long time since they had attended an event at the Club together and it was far better than sitting around waiting to see Lee Soo-hyuk and wondering if he had really forgiven her and if she had really forgiven him. The manager greeted and led the group upstairs to a private room with a large veranda where they had a perfect view of the gardens where the party was taking place. Yoongi and Soo-hyuk were already seated out on the veranda enjoying the live music that floated up from the garden. On either side, other guests who had secured private rooms were also out on the verandas enjoying the music and beautiful weather.

Hoseok took the seat beside Yoongi but Gaelin hovered uncertainly, she had not seen too much of Soo-hyuk since he confessed to not cheating on her and while she was happy that their marriage was not over, she didn’t know how to act around him. Part of her was still hurt and angry that he could make her suffer so much and be that cruel.

“Should I take your coat?” Namjoon asked as she turned her back on the table and pretended to be fidgeting with her coat.

“I just need a moment,” she said and closed her eyes, “the buttons on this thing are stuck.” She in her breath shakily.

“Take your time,” Namjoon said. 

Gaelin gathered her thoughts and then raised her head. “I am fine,” she ed her coat and whipped it off.

“Nuna!” Taehyung gushed from behind her, “You’re fabulous”

Namjoon frowned as he took Gaelin’s coat and handed it to the attendant.

“You really are Song Gaelin.” Hoseok admired the sleek black dress that hugged Gaelin’s petite figure. Her hair was loosened and she wore gold jewellery on her neck, ears and fingers. “But eat more,” he couldn’t help but chide.

Gaelin walked slowly around the table and took the seat next to Soo-hyuk. He looked over at her and she quickly looked the other way, pretending to listen to something Jungkook said.

Namjoon watched Gaelin closely, noting that she didn’t look comfortable. She had turned her chair so she could watch the live band and people watch, but she did not contribute to the conversation or make any attempt to speak to Soo-hyuk. It was strange since they had started sharing a bed again.

“You must be relieved having things back to normal,” Julian mentioned.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Only that Song Gaelin moved back in,” Julian raised a bemused brow, “why did something else happen?”

“Nope, nothing else happened. Yes, you’re right it’s a relief.” Namjoon shook his head and loosened his tie.

“I know the President was concerned that Gaelin ssi lost so much weight,” Julian whispered and looked at Gaelin, "You obviously know the reason..." 

“You know women and their diets.” Namjoon checked his phone, “let’s talk about something else.”

“Okay how about the Lee Household Dinner Party?” Namjoon blew out his breath and took a sip of his drink. It was not going to be a very enjoyable evening if Julian kept this up.

Gaelin heard her phone beep and saw that she had a message from Woo Minjae. “You look sad.”

Gaelin looked left and then right. She received another message, “I am in the room to the right, two doors down. Come and see me, don’t tell the others.” She turned the phone over and clenched her fists. It was because she felt sorry and guilty that she couldn’t say no to Minjae but how was she going to leave when she just arrived? But the opportunity presented itself with the arrival of Lee Jiyeon. Soo-hyuk’s sister was loud and bubbly as she greeted everyone. Jiyeon kissed Gaelin on the cheek. “Here, why don’t you sit next to your brother for a while,” Gaelin stood and silently moved back inside. “Can I help the President with something?” Namjoon came in after her.

“I am going to see Woo Minjae. I won’t be long.” Gaelin told her HM, “If anyone asks where I am, just tell them I had to make a call.” She looked back at the table and nodded firmly. 

“As you wish,” Namjoon held the door open for her and frowned, why did she have to complicate things?  

Gaelin walked down the thankfully empty passage and didn’t knock but entered the room two doors down. Woo Minjae didn’t stand to greet her so she took the seat opposite him and accepted the glass of wine that the Woo House Master poured for her. “You can leave us now,” Minjae told his HM.

“What did you want to see me about?” Gaelin asked as soon as they were alone.

“Something is wrong with you and Lee Soo-hyuk…”

“That is…”

“It is my business. You are my business. Am I wrong?” he took a breath, “Are you finally realising that you married the wrong man?” Gaelin avoided looking him in the eye. “Lee Soo-hyuk is a selfish spoilt brat. He is used to getting his own way. I am older than him, I know him better. He does not mean to be this way, he just can’t help it you see.”

“I know all this about him.” Gaelin sighed and took a sip of wine and then she smiled softly, “I finally realise that it was wrong of me to let him take the blame for so long. Maybe that has been the problem because it allows people like you to judge our marriage.” Minjae frowned, “Oppa back then…”

Minjae suddenly stood and came to sit beside her, “before you speak Song Gaelin. You must hear me out properly. I have tried to keep quiet all these years because I wanted to respect that you are married but tonight seeing how sad you looked…I realised I couldn’t stay still anymore.” Gaelin turned her head from him and took another sip of wine, “so will you let me speak?”

“Alright. But then you must promise to let me speak too and then you will accept what I tell you?”

Minjae took her hands, “I love you Gaelin. I always have. I loved you first, before Soo-hyuk, before anyone. I have been hurt by someone I considered to be my best friend, he betrayed me and my confidence by taking the one thing I needed – that is you. All these years I have managed only because I can see you. I can call you to my side but I know if Lee Soo-hyuk wins the Golden Quill he will change the rules. He will stop me from calling you to my side. I have made up these silly assignments for you by using the rules of the Consortium. I needed to be close to you and that was the only way.”

Gaelin felt terrib

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter