Stuck in the Woods

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was cold in the cabin. History was certainly repeating itself. This time Gaelin was not alone. Not like when she had been fifteen and stuck out here by herself. Then it had been Soo-hyuk who had found her alone and on the verge of passing out. Gaelin rubbed her hands and looked around the old cabin, this time Soo-hyuk would not come for her. 

Flashback - 14 Years Ago

"Gaelin" His voice drifted over her, entering her dream. Soo-hyuk? Could it really be him?  He was with her, his strong arms pulled her closer. Gaelin opened her eyes but it was painful because her whole body was cold and stuck closed. The trees flew by in a blur and she rested her head on Soo-hyuk's shoulder and allowed him to carry her on and on. Gaelin didn't care because he was here and they were finally together. Never in her wildest dreams would she have dared to imagine being this close to him. 

Always watching him from afar, hoping that he would look at her and see her, just once. To Lee Soo-hyuk, who was beloved and treasured by everyone, she was just a nuisance. A girl, that he had to put up with because she was born into the five families of the Consortium. Gaelin wished she could stop thinking about him, she wished he wouldn't be the first and last thing she thought about. It made her feel sad and pathetic. If her mother knew how much she adored and worshipped a Lee - there would be trouble. 

But now she was here with him, and they were alone in the mountains and even if she died - it would all be worth it. "Gaelin, can you hear me?" his voice was so deep and rough and comforting. "I need you to wake up." Gaelin shook her head and continued to press her face into his warm jacket. Just let me die right here and like this. 

Soo-hyuk looked around the old cabin, "I need to get you back to the compound but you're too cold right now." he extricated himself from the semi-conscious girl and went over to the fireplace. There was no wood but lots of old furniture lying around the room. Soo-hyuk started breaking the chairs first and finally used his sweater to start the fire with a lighter he thankfully had with him. 

"We're going t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter