Closure

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“He’s going to come,” Yoongi looked at his watch, the sun was starting to set, “he is going to come.”

Gaelin wasn’t so sure; she stared at the spread of food they’d prepared in case Jong-hyun decided to forgive them, “Are you hungry?”

“Not that hungry…” Yoongi began and then they heard the small garden gate open and their hearts soared with hope. They rushed outside and onto the porch but what they saw, made hell freeze over. “God,” Gaelin clutched Yoongi’s arm as Soo-hyuk stepped onto the path and stared up at them.

“,” Yoongi whispered, “We’re dead meat.”

“Well met my family,” Soo-hyuk smiled and then he turned back to the gate and they noticed he was still holding it open.

“Agassi!” Yoonah cried out as the child ran into the yard and up to Gaelin and flung her arms around her legs. Gaelin was shocked and tried to scoop the girl into her arms, “God you’re heavy.”

“She is three” Jong-hyun said as he stepped into the yard. He lifted a bottle of wine, “Room for more?”

“Of course,” Yoongi stepped forward and shook the man’s hand. Jong-hyun walked ahead to meet Gaelin.

“You’re amazing you know that,” Yoongi told Soo-hyuk.

“What did you expect? I am the best at this game.” Soo-hyuk clapped him on the back, “But hyung, I can’t wait to deal with you and Song Gaelin properly. But for now, you can be happy.”

Yoongi swallowed and followed at a slower pace. Gaelin waited for him on the porch, “We’re dead meat.” Yoongi muttered and Gaelin clutched his hand, “It’s fine. He can’t kill us…” he assured her.

“But there’s so much worse…”

“Are you two going to stand out there the whole day?” Soo-hyuk demanded from inside the house, “I’m starving.”

“I blame Jung Ho-seok.” Gaelin said darkly.

“We will surely take out our anger and pain on that punk when he returns.” Yoongi agreed.

“Yah!” Soo-hyuk called out again.

“Coming,” they both chorused and rushed inside to welcome their guests.

“She is beautiful,” Soo-hyuk said as he watched Yoonah with Yoongi, "You've done an amazing job with her." 

“I am glad Yoonah got to meet her uncle and of course the rest of her family,” Jong-hyun said. “He’s great with children. He must be a good father.”

“He will be,” Gaelin smiled at Yoongi. Soo-hyuk pressed a hand to her back. They both knew that when the time was right, Yoongi would be an amazing husband and father.  Jong-hyun smiled at the show of affection.

“Agassi, you lied to me…” he looked at Soo-hyuk.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter