Spreading the News

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone. I am really bad for not updating sooner. But studies are over now and I should be able to update and give you a good ending soon. Thank you for staying here and I hope you will enjoy. I tried a bit of a long chapter to make up for absence. Will try and give you a chapter with Yoongi and Jiyeon soon. 

 

Protocol had been observed. The elders of Lee and Song households now knew that Gaelin was expecting. Thereafter official notifications would be sent to the remaining households. But Gaelin wanted to be the one to tell Hoseok and Yoongi before this happened. They were her closest friends and she could not wait to share her joy and fears with them. Soo-hyuk was so thrilled at the concept of a child that everything seemed to fall into place for him. For her, it was different. It was the physical change her body would go through, the emotional strain and fears, the pressure to maintain her job and status and be a mother. Of course, she would take it all in and do everything to the best of her ability.

“Where is Soo-hyuk?” Hoseok asked when he met Gaelin and Yoongi for dinner. 

“He’s working.” Gaelin said and waited till Hoseok had a drink, “I have news.” Hoseok raised an enquiring brow and Yoongi waited patiently, “I’m pregnant.”

There was silence and she wondered if they were confused or maybe didn’t hear her. “I am going to have a child.” She repeated.

“We know what pregnant means,” Hoseok said and stood and spread his arms. Gaelin stepped into his embrace. “You’re going to be an amazing mother.” He her back, “I guess you had to grow up someday…”

Gaelin smacked his chest, “Oppa!”

Hoseok grinned and looked over at Yoongi, “Does Soo-hyuk know?”

“Seriously oppa you are too much.” Gaelin grumbled, “of course he knows.”

Yoongi finally stood and congratulated her. “It’s a bit of a shock but I am really happy for you and that fool. He better get his act together and stop troubling you.”

“He’ll have us to deal with if he does anything to stress you out.” Hoseok said darkly and then put all jokes aside, “how do you feel?”

“I am fine for now. I am a bit nervous about the physical change…”

“Just plan ahead. Make sure you get enough exercise and adjust your diet accordingly. When you’re tired take short breaks, don’t over exert yourself.”

Gaelin felt warm and loved as they listened to her concerns and actually gave advice. They didn’t tell her to talk to her female friends; they did their best to be there for her.

“Does Woo Minjae know as well?”

Gaelin explained the whole situation with Woo Yerin and how Minjae had barged into the house that evening.

“Aish hyung will make things hard for himself and everyone else.” Hoseok groaned.

“It’s good he finally knows the truth…or part of it. You did the right thing by coming clean with him.”

“It’s important that Gaelin has no stress at this time.” Hoseok agreed, “Wow I would have loved to be a fly on the wall.” He laughed and Yoongi joined in.

“You two are too cruel.” But she was not really angry at them. It was Minjae who had twisted their relationship into something that it wasn’t. The fact that he’d come rushing over to demand she leave the Soo-hyuk and the child was reason enough to set the record straight. The last thing she wanted was to deal with Minjae and Yerin in the future. Hopefully, both would move on with their lives.

There was a knock on the door and the Jung House Master walked out onto the patio with Park Jimin. The friends were suddenly tense when they saw the three ivory coloured envelopes he held.

“Good evening, Presidents.” Jimin bowed and they waited, “You have all done incredibly well thus far to prove character and loyalty. Now comes the final test.” He handed the envelopes to Julian who distributed the envelopes amongst the presidents. “The final test will take you away from your comfort zone, it will separate you from the familiar and the security of your support structures. In this final test, you will be judged on your leadership, courage, strength of mind, body and spirit.” Jimin bowed and smiled, “You will be expected to meet in three days to depart. The departure location and time are in your envelopes." 

After Jimin had left they sat silently staring at the envelopes and then Gaelin reached for hers and started reading.

“Of course it had to come to this.” Hoseok threw his letter on the table and smirked, “Aish, is it really worth it in the end?”

“We have come this far.” Gaelin reasoned, “let’s just finish it off.”

“There’s no way you’re doing this.” Hoseok shook his head adamantly.

“Oppa, that is not your decision.”

“Fine,” Hoseok picked up his phone and started to dial Soo-hyuk.

“It’s not his decision either.” Hoseok slammed the phone on the table.

Yoongi winced at how quickly his friend could change moods. “You’re annoyed at the competition…”

“I’m annoyed that she will put the competition above the safety of her child.”

“And what about me?” Gaelin glared openly at Hoseok

“Don’t look at me like that.”

“Is this about the child or about one less competitor?”

“Yah!” Hoseok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter