House Master's Jealousy

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon was at the Song Estate to Gaelin to dinner.  He also hoped to speak to her about the dinner party that she was supposed to be co-hosting with Soo-hyuk. At the end of the day, she was still President Lee’s wife and the head of their household, and as far as Namjoon was concerned, it meant she would have to fulfill her role regardless of the Golden Quill Competition. Hence the second reason for coming over to the Song Household, he wanted to speak to Tanaka. The butler had evacuated the Lee Household two days ago and Namjoon felt that his colleague needed to know what was going on. It was not because he missed Tanaka. In fact, it was really peaceful without the butler around to bully him. Namjoon actually liked working alone, this new arrangement suited him just fine.

Song Gaelin was still busy getting ready so it gave Namjoon time to search for the butler. He came across the butler busy with the Song House Master. Tanaka and Ren were in the kitchen and Tanaka was preparing coffee. Namjoon watched as Tanaka handed the Song HM a cup of his famous coffee. Ren took a sip and then smiled up at Tanaka. Namjoon was about to announce his presence but then Ren stepped closer to Tanaka and placed a hand on his chest. The butler didn’t move away and even smiled down at the woman, as if he liked it. Namjoon froze in the doorway, he hadn’t expected this and now that he had seen it, he wasn’t sure what to do or feel.

Tanaka looked up and saw him, “Namjoon ssi,”

“I am here to the President.”

“I will inform the President that you are here,” Ren said after greeting him. “Thanks for the coffee Tanaka. I will see you later.” Tanaka bowed and started to clear up the cups.

“I see you are well settled,” Namjoon observed.

“I am trying to make the best of things,”

“I think you are doing just fine on that count,” Namjoon smirked, “Silly me for thinking that just maybe you might be having a hard time.” Tanaka was silent, “right,” Namjoon turned but Tanaka caught his arm and yanked him into the scullery. “I said it's fine,”

Tanaka caught the HM by the shoulders and held him still, “What do you expect from me? I have to make the best of things here and besides, you don’t want me do you?”

“I don’t know what you mean by that,” Namjoon looked the other way, anywhere but into Tanaka’s dark eyes. Those eyes saw him for what he was, Namjoon was afraid that Tanaka would see something in his eyes that betrayed what he wanted to portray.

“I know,” Tanaka released him, “I am here now. I don’t know if I will ever return to the Lee Household. If I don't get along with the HM, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter