A picture is worth a thousand words

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Club was a watering hole for the city’s business elite. Invitation only, if you had a membership you could enjoy meals by Michelin rated chefs or enjoy a drink out in the gardens where small tables were set up. There was a state of art gyms for men and women and also a spa offering the latest treatments.

From where he was seated in the garden, Woo Minjae saw Gaelin enter the club. Members wanting to greet the President of one of the world’s reputable security firms or acquaintances just wanting to be seen with her stopped Gaelin. Minjae liked watching her, she was beautiful in everything she did. He saw her lightly throw her head back and laugh at something someone said, even when she shook hands, it had a unique style. Tonight she was dressed in a tailor-made suit that showed off her delicate curves, her hair was fashioned in a loose bun and she wore smart shades that shielded her beautiful chocolate eyes.

He rose as she finally approached the table and pulled the chair back for her. “Oppa is so old fashioned,” she teased and took off the shades.

“Proper manners never go out of fashion.”

“So true,” Gaelin inspected the bottle of wine he ordered and told the waiter she would drink with Minjae. Another glass was provided and Gaelin rolled her shoulders as she tried to relax.

“Rough day at the office?” Minjae leaned his arms on the table and gave her his full attention.

“When isn’t it a rough day at the office.” Gaelin took a sip of her wine, “It’s nice.” She assured him. “So do you have something else on your mind?”

“Can’t too fellow Consortium members meet for social reasons?” he was well aware that she met regularly and was particularly close to Jung Ho-seok and Min Yoongi. He missed the days when they all were able to get together. 

“Of course we can do that.” Gaelin looked down at her phone when a message came in.

“Trouble?” Gaelin shook her head. “How is Lee Soo-hyuk?” Minjae changed the subject.

“He is in Hong Kong or on his way back.”

“You don’t know?”

“Well, it’s hard to keep tabs on him since I moved back to the Song Estate.”

“That must be difficult…” again playing the supportive card. He needed to find something else to talk about; he should never have brought Soo-hyuk up.

“We manage,” Gaelin responded tonelessly and forced a smile, “So how are you handling the competition?”

Minjae shrugged, “I’m not sure what to do exactly. I mean those envelopes they give us…what is that?”

“Just a way of testing us,” Gaelin didn’t seem too hung up about it.

“How can you be so casual? Didn’t they ask you to move out of your home?”

“I chose to…”

“And Soo-hyuk didn’t have a problem with that?”

“Oh oppa, did you call me here to talk about my husband?” she laughed at his appalled face, “I’m just playing with you.”

“Soo-hyuk is not the one I want to talk about.” Minjae murmured and fixed her with an intense stare that made her instantly uncomfortable in his company. He could be so weird sometimes. He scared her. Those looks felt invasive and inappropriate. Now she could understand him and handle what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter