Unwanted Confession

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This chapter looks at Tanaka and Namjoon ( content) 

Namjoon stared at the beer and swallowed hard, he was not a heavy drinker and he was already on his third beer. He could feel his mind losing control and he hated it. His thoughts wandered to Tanaka and the look on his face when Namjoon told him of his plans for the evening.

“Yah!”  Choong-hoon scolded, “You should drink more,”

“I don’t think I can…” Namjoon picked up the beer and set it down again, “I can’t drink a lot.”

“You are surely different from the Kim Namjoon I knew in Uni.” Yang Choong-hoon sighed, “what happened to you huh?” Namjoon bristled getting ready to answer, “I think it is that job and that family. I know it pays well, but must you work for those people?”

“Song Gaelin and Lee Soo-hyuk are good people.” He defended, “I cannot see myself working for another Estate.”

“There’s the problem, let go of that job completely. You are better than that.” Choong-hoon stated and took a deep sip of his beer.

“I don’t think I am good at anything else.” Namjoon stared at his hands feeling embarrassed.

“You are a glorified butler.” Choong-hoon mocked.

“Wah! I am not like that man! I am nothing like him. Don’t ever compare me with a butler.”

Choong-hoon looked confused, “Well, at least you secured us this private room. I am very happy to be with you.”

“Why?” Namjoon was despondent, “I am no one special. Everyone thought I would go on to manage a company and here I am just managing an estate. It is nothing to be proud of.”

“Don’t say that.” Choong-hoon shifted around the table until they were sitting side by side, “I have always thought you were the greatest.”

“I am not…”

“You are…” Choong-hoon reached out and clasped Namjoon’s face, “Don’t you see it yet?”

Namjoon coughed and tried not to be affected by the fact that Choong-hoon was touching him in such an intimate way. Was this what he wanted? An image of Tanaka crossed his mind and he gave into Choong-hoon’s touch. “I have always liked you Namjoon ah. Since I saw you that first day in class.” Namjoon tried to feel something, but he was cold as Choong-hoon’s hand slid to his chest and he was pushed on his back.

“Wait!” Namjoon shoved Choong-hoon’s hand from his chest, “I am confused. It is late.”

‘Don’t worry about it.” Choong-hoon smiled and Namjoon shivered as his friend lowered his head and kissed him on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter