Truth Hurts

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi everyone - just a few things. I made some changes to Chap 60 (Jungkook and Taehyung do not know about Yoonah. I did this for strategic reasons) 

Thanks for the new subs and comments. I hope you all enjoy!

Everyone had left or gone to bed and Gaelin finally could talk to Soo-hyuk about what happened that weekend. It had never been her intention to hurt him. He always came first, but just for a moment, just for one second, she had thought of someone else and put someone else before her and Soo-hyuk. He was reading a book out on their personal balcony but shifted and gave her room to sit when she approached. Gaelin sat on the edge of the chaise and took a moment to gather her thoughts. When she felt calm to continue she took the book out of his hands and set it on the side table.  

Soo-hyuk finally looked at her and Gaelin found it was far more intimidating and harder to say what she needed to. “Thank you for what you did this weekend. You were every bit the President you have been brought up to be. You acted for the Consortium and I am grateful and proud.”

“Just tell me one thing, before you say anything else…” Gaelin waited, “Did you care for Hong Jong-hyun above me and everything we have? Did you forget about the Consortium and your duties?”

Gaelin didn’t answer and Soo-hyuk reached for the book, “It was not so much him but that town and the life Jong-hyun created for himself and Yoonah. He has not been blessed with our wealth or power yet he has made the best of things. Even after finding out who Min Sinyeo is and all he could gain, his only concern if for his child. Jong-hyun is such a good person and he made me want to be better. For a moment I could see myself letting go of all this, stepping toward a simpler life.”

Soo-hyuk’s face was tight and he lowered his eyes so she could no longer read his expression. “Gaelin forgetting that you are my wife for a moment,  you are your family’s heir. Who would take on all of those responsibilities?”

“That is such a generic response.” Gaelin was disappointed that he was not angry or even upset. Didn’t Soo-hyuk care that she had wanted to step away? He told her just last week at the Country House that he would never let her go and yet hearing she had thought of doing just that, all he could do was remind her of duty? Right now, she would take his anger over this robotic response. At least then she would know he really cared.

Don’t you ever wonder what life would be like if we were normal? Would we be happier? Would I be better?” she ran a hand through her hair, “Would Yoongi have a wife and children and would Ho-seok not be so hard and incapable of letting anyone close?" 

“I never wonder that,” Soo-hyuk was truthful, “I am grateful every day for what I have and I gladly take on those responsibilities and carry them all. It was what I was born for.”

“You are so much more than that Lee Soo-hyuk!” Gaelin was exasperated.

He laughed low and hard, “Am I? Would you even know me if I were not the Lee heir?”

“I think I would know you even if you were born a beggar or 10 years younger than me.”

“That sounds very romantic and I would like to believe you b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter