Pep Talk

The Golden Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Min-sook embraced his son and smiled warmly as Lee Soo-hyuk sat with him on the giant couch in his study. “I am glad you came today my son.”

Soo-hyuk noticed the wooden box resting on the coffee table. He looked to his father a question in his eyes.

“How is Song Gaelin?” Min-sook decided to torture his son a little longer. It was still his prerogative as the current Chairman to have some fun whenever he saw the opportunity to do so and this was one of those moments.

Soo-hyuk controlled his emotions, “Song Gaelin is a tyrant, and so she is well.”

“Ah, I see. Still running your household with that Song fighting spirit and steel grip?” Soo-hyuk smiled, “I am happy that you married one another, it will hopefully help you…” he nodded at the box, “you may take a look.” He watched as Soo-hyuk picked up the rectangular box and studied it, “ever since you were a child, you have been fascinated with this box and its contents.”

“But you never showed it to me.” Soo-hyuk reminded him.

“Because I wanted to make you yearn for it. Soo-hyuk you were raised to run Lee Corp, but you were also raised to rule the Golden Quill Consortium. For two generations, this family has maintained the high seat of the Consortium.” Soo-hyuk listened enraptured by the tales of the Consortium, he never grew tired of hearing these stories.

“Does this mean the competition is about to start?” Soo-hyuk felt his heart start to race. He felt like an inexperienced youth and not like the President of a large multi-national corporation.

“The time has come for me to pass on the torch, I have high hopes that it will be to you.”

Soo-hyuk opened the box and inhaled, it was even more beautiful than he imagined. Fine yellow-tinted wood, feathers that gleamed in the light and the green of the emerald that sat at the tip. “This quill was a gift to your grandfather and was used in the first meeting of the Consortium. When five friends came together and decided that they would take on the world.” Soo-hyuk continued to stare at the quill. “This quill has its own story, but that is for another time. If you win the competition I will surely pass on the secrets of how this quill came into being. For now, I must ask you one question.”

“Please ask it.” Soo-hyuk turned his attention to his father.

“Will you do whatever it takes?”

“Of course…”

“Even if you lose Song Gaelin?” Soo-hyuk couldn’t help the sharp intake of breath, “the competition is not for the faint-hearted, and you will not be the same at the end of it. So I have to make sure that you understand what’s at stake.”

“I will not lose what is already mine,” Soo-hyuk said darkly.

“It is a warning. I hope that you know what is at stake.” Lee Min-sook sighed, “She is first a Song. Those women don’t bow down to anyone.”

“Don’t I know it,” Soo-hyuk agreed and found that his father studied him. “I will win.” He added.

“Be sure that you do.” Min-sook took the case from Soo-hyuk, “In

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter