JK : Third Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

     He runs to the door, peeping the braided-hair girl walks to her class.
     “She’s in the first class, she must be really smart,” Jungkook whispers.
     “Hey, what are you doing?”
     Jungkook turns to his back and sees Daehan who is staring at him while munching his melon bread.
     “Uh, nothing,” Jungkook stands straightly and clears his throat. He walks back into his class and takes a seat.
     “Why are you here, actually?” Daehan stops at his desk, places his palm on it and locks his eyes on Jungkook’s.
     “Erm, waiting for our next class?” Jungkook gives an awkward smile.
     “Fine, then,” Daehan saunters to his place when suddenly Jungkook grabs his wrist.
     “Can.. I ask you some questions?”
     Daehan takes a couple of seconds before nodding. He pulls a random chair beside him and places it right beside Jungkook. He lands his on the chair and ready to hear Jungkook’s questions.
     “Do I have… Like… Err…”
     Jungkook seems like hesitated to ask him the question. Daehan is getting curious.
     “Can you please?” Daehan gets annoyed with Jungkook’s hesitation.
     “Okay, okay. Here’s the question,” Jungkook raises both of his palms, asks Daehan to be patient.
     “Do I have… Like… Any… Erm… Girlfriend, before?”
     Daehan snickers. He crumbles the plastic in his hand. He turns around and lingers his eyes all over the class. After making sure there’s not even a single human being in the class besides Jungkook and him, he starts to open his mouth.
     “I thought you already forgot about her,”
     “No, it’s not like I remember that I have one… No, I mean. I don’t know if I have one or not. I just… Want to know if I had or am having one, like, right now?”
     “I don’t know if that is really your girl or not since you never said a word to me. But, I once saw you were playing the piano in the hall with a girl,”
     “I could play piano?! WOW, I’m…”
     “I’m not finish, can you please don’t cut my words?”
     “Ok, ok. I’m sorry,”
     “But, I don’t know if that is your girlfriend or what. When I asked you, you did not and never admitted. So, I just assumed that she was a ‘good acquaintance’ of yours,” Daehan ends his words.
     “But, don’t you think that we were too young to have such relationship?” Jungkook spits out his curiosity.
     “Jungkook now and Jungkook before are two different personalities but the same person. Don’t underestimate the old you,” Daehan grins.
     “I see,” Jungkook gives a short reply.
     “Why so sudden, though?” it is now Daehan’s turn to question him.
     “Err… I just… Curious about the old me?” Jungkook lifts up his shoulders and his palms, smiling awkwardly.
     “Okay, then,” Daehan gets up from his seat and places the chair back to its original position. He then saunters away to his seat.
     So did I have one or not? If I had one, could it be…? Jungkook’s mind is replaying the moment when he was peeping Minhee walked to her class.
      Minhee?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      “Minhee-ya,” Jungkook greets her from her back. Minhee turns to him and gifts him her beautiful smile.
      “Let’s go,” Minhee starts to amble.
      “Wait, where are we heading?” Jungkook quicken his steps to reach to beside her.
      “To the hall,” Minhee gives him a short answer.
      “The hall? Why?”
      “It was the place where everything started,” Minhee answers with her eyes on the path.
      Jungkook replays Daehan’s words just now in the class.
      It can’t be this girl, right? Jungkook’s heart is starting to beat briskly.
      They enter the school’s hall. It is empty and their footsteps are echoing. He moves his body 360 degree to have a detailed observation to each of the hall’s curves and edges. Then, his eyes catch a piano that is nicely placed on the stage. Minhee stops walking when she reaches right at the center of the hall while Jungkook is continuing his steps to the stage, wants to have a closer look at the enormous piano.
       He takes a seat on the bench and lifts up the fall board. His smile is widening, showing off his white teeth. He lets a small laugh out from his mouth.
       “Wow, this piano is amazing. It must have sound amazing. If I just could play it,” he sighs.
       “You can,”
       Jungkook’s eyes are widened. He lifts up his face and faces Minhee. Minhee is smiling to him. But, he does not know why, he could feel that she is not feeling happy even though she is smiling.
       A sudden pain attacks his brain, makes him groan softly in pain. He places his palm to his head. A memory out of the blue is playing through his mind.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     The girl walks into the hall, wondering if she is actually supposed to be here or not. She does not know why she did follow what the paper told her. She received a piece of paper from unknown in her desk. It told her to go to the hall after the school session ends. She stops right at the middle of the stage. She is regretting what she is doing right now because it seems like nothing is going to happen. She turns to his back. She lifts her right leg to start stepping away when suddenly…
     “Lately I've been thinking, thinking about what we had

      And I know it was hard, it was all that we knew, yeah…”
      The girl turns to his back and sees a boy, that she already expected presses the piano keys to form a sweet and slow rhythm while vocals out his beautiful and melodic voice. She draws out a smile. A smile that she has always gift it to the boy on the stage. And she knows the boy will never get bored to look at her smile everyday.
      “Have you been drinking, to take all the pain away?
      I wish that I could give you what you deserve
      'Cause nothing can ever, ever replace you
      Nothing can make me feel like you do, yeah
      You know there's no one, I can relate to
      I know we won't find a love that's so true
      There's nothing like us
      There's nothing like you and me
      Together through the storm
      There's nothing like us
      There's nothing like you for me, together”
      The boy keeps playing the piano and his eyes are now on the girl. Their eyes are locked to each other. He could feel that both of his cheeks are reddened and literally burning. He could feel the heat that slowly conquering his face. He gulps and tries to calm himself. He should have not take a look at her before finishing the whole song. He knows her smile could make everyone stutter and frozen. But for him, that smile almost could melt his heart.