SG : Fifth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

  

     “Can you hear me out?” Yoongi asks a question as an ‘intro’ for today’s ‘session’.
     “Ok,”
     “I want to be a music composer, a song producer,”
     Yoongi hopes for his brother’s response, but it seems like he just replies him with an awkward silence.
     “I like music. I think the whole family knows that. I know it’s hard to be successful and it’s maybe worthless. But, how about we give it a try?”
     “We?”
     Yoongi gulps.
     “Yes, we. I give a try in this field. You guys give a try to put a little trust, hope and encouragement for me. I don’t seek for all of your trust, a little should be enough, I guess,”
     Yooshin keeps silent.
     “Nothing’s impossible, hyung. We have to chase our own dreams…”
     “Just chase your dreams,”
    “... facing failures is a usual thing before you face your success because… that’s what reality is…”
    “Face the reality. Face the falls and every downs. There’s no one succeed without fall once,”

    “... do what we love…”
    “Do what you love,”
    “... and chase our dreams with hopes and we have to always keep moving forward,”

    “Chase your dreams with hopes and keep moving forward,”
    “Wow, I like your words. How can you ever think to say such words?”
    “Well, someone said maturity is measured by experience you faced, not by your age,”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Yoongi saunters to the music room with his bag on his back and his notebook in his hand and does his work like usual.

    “What are you doing here in weekends?”
    Yoongi stops pressing the keyboards and turns to his back. He sees Jaeshin with her basketball in her hands. She’s wearing a red basketball jersey tucked into her mini denim, showing her long legs and her ears are plugged with earphones.. Yoongi doesn’t answer her and gets back to his work. Jaeshin pouts and steps closer to him and takes a seat on the same bench with Yoongi.
    “Why are you here too, then?” Yoongi asks without making an eye contact.
    “I don’t know that our houses are close to each others,” Jaeshin replies.
    Yoongi throwbacks the scene where he watched her secretly playing the basketball at the court near his house.
     “What do you mean?” Yoongi pretends to know nothing.
     “I was about to go to the court nearby my house to play basketball then I saw you with your bag,”
     “You followed me?”
     “Because I’m curious where you came from and where were you going,”
     Yoongi nods. He already could accept her weirdness. His eyes then spots the ball that Jaeshin is holding.

     “Don’t you feel tired?”
     “Playing basketball?”
     “Yeah, like everytime,”
     “Don’t you feel tired?”
     “Huh?”
     “Playing the piano?”
     Yoongi nods, already understand the message she wants to give. You won’t feel bored or tired of things you like to do. He opens his notebook and puts it on the music rack. He pulls both of Jaeshin’s earphone from her ears.
     “Hey!”
     Yoongi places his finger onto his lips. He then starts playing the piano according to the notes written on the pages of the notebook.
     The melody, the notes make Jaeshin’s lips widen and forms a sweet smile. She does enjoy the song played by Yoongi. She does nothing throughout the song been played, other than smiling and listening attentively. She waves her head slowly according to the slow melody played by him. Her long hair also sways following to her waving head to the sweet and soft melody.
     Yoongi does the same when he sees Jaeshin smiles. He likes it. He likes it when someone enjoys his music. And Jaeshin, is the first person gets to enjoy his original creation. And it seems like a positive response was given by her.
     The song ends.
     Yoongi faces her. Jaeshin smiles sweetly and nods in satisfaction. She lifts up her thumbs and waves it right in front of Yoongi’s eyes. Yoongi snickers.
     “Like, seriously, people would enjoy this. I’m not even trying to lie,” Jaeshin is convincing him.
     Yoongi gives her a weak nod.
     Jaeshin snickers.
    “What a brave of you. You still doing this even though your family doesn’t give you their blessings,”
    “I need dreams, hopes and efforts, I don’t need anyone blesses,”
    “That’s my man,”
    Yoongi heart suddenly beats rapidly. He faces away and gulps.
    “What, Yoongi? Something’s wrong?”
    He shooks.
    “Oh, your eyes! Can you… see clearly?”
    She waves her hand in front of Yoongi.
    “I’m not blind,”
    Jaeshin giggles.
    “I know that! It’s just… your view must be blurred,”
    Yes, exactly.
    “Nah, it’s ok,”
    Jaeshin suddenly grabs Yoongi by his wrist and gets up from her seat.
    “Let us meet the opticians,”
    Wait, what?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    “How do I…” he stares on the contact lenses that they bought just now. Jaeshin is sitting beside him on the bench at their school, at the basketball court.
    “I’ll put these on for you,”
    “WHAT? ARE YOU CRAZ…”
    “Trust me. There’s nothing to be scared,” she pats Yoongi on his head. Yoongi feels annoyed.
    “Stop treating me like a kid,”
    “I don’t,”
    Yoongi gives her a ‘tch’.
    She sticks one of the lenses on her tip. Her other hand is about to be placed on Yoongi’s face when she suddenly feels nervous, shy and her heartbeat is increasing.
    “Can you do it quick?” Yoongi demands.
    “Ah, I’m… I’m sorry,” she stutters. She tries to not to look too obvious of her redden cheeks.
    She tries to reduce the shaking of her hand and place it on Yoongi’s fair face. She gulps. She puts both of the lenses perfectly. She smiles in satisfaction.
    “Done! So, how?”
    Yoongi blinks numerously. His eyes lingers around.
    “Nice,”
    Jaeshin smiles wider.
    Yoongi suddenly snickers.
    “I never expect to become close to an unknown girl that I caught late to school,” Yoongi bursts into laughters.
    “Hey, can’t you don’t… throwback that thing,” Jaeshin pouts.
    “Seriously, how did you do it?”
    Jaeshin feels weird with Yoongi’s question.
    “Do what?”
    “Being so close to me. Even though we’re a year apart. And even though I’m as cold as ice,”
    Jaeshin grins.
    “No, you’re not that cold actually,” Jaeshin voices out.
    “I don’t?”