JK : Second Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

“What are you waiting for?”
     He turns to look at his brother. Junghyun is resting his elbow on the car’s window. He lifted his right brow.
     “I… I’m going… now… Bye,” Jungkook gathers all of the guts and steps outside. He closes the door and watches the car leaving him. After the car is not visible, he starts to walk forward, into the school. He notices that students around him is keeping their eyes on him, especially the girls. Feeling uncomfortable, he quicken his steps and searches for his class quickly.
      He could hear the noisy gibberish produces by the students inside from outside of the class. He breathes in deeply before pulling the door open and bravely walks inside. The noise slowly dwindling until it reaches a complete silent. Jungkook clears his throat, the sound echoes, making the class that is filled with silence echoes with its sound.
      “I… I’m Jungkook,” he bends, in hesitant.
      “JUNGKOOK-AH! IT’S BEEN YEARS!” a few boys jumps off their seats and saunters to Jungkook. One of the boys puts his hand on the air, expecting a high-five reply from Jungkook. But, Jungkook just gives him a weird and judging look. The boy, slowly, puts his hand down.
      “What’s wrong, buddy?” he asks, feeling clueless.
      “Okay, here. Listen. I don’t remember much about things since the accident occurred. I may not remember your names but don’t worry. All of you could help me remember things back,” Jungkook gives a clear explanation to his ‘new’ friends.
      “You still can remember things even though you have amnesia?” a boy voices up.
      “Yes, I can. My amnesia is the curable one,” Jungkook says exactly just like how the doctor said to him last few days. He is suffering an amnesia called post-traumatic amnesia. It is somehow common to hear nowadays if you are a fan-fiction or a novel reader.
      “I’ll start first,” the boy that just now tried to high-five him stretched out his hand.
      “My name is Kim Daehan, and I’m your best friend,” he smiles friendly to Jungkook. Jungkook replies his smile and they shake hands.
      “I am Lee Minjung, this is Kang Eunhee and he is Yu Joel. We are in your squad,”
      “My squad? What squad?”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      “So, we were that close to each other?” Jungkook sips his banana milk. He is sitting beside Daehan at the bench placed at the school’s field, having a ‘storytelling’ session. He just heard a story from Daehan about how close were Jungkook and his squad, and how bad and mischievous they were before.
      “Yeah. We are so close,” Daehan snickers. He takes a look at Jungkook who is still sipping his banana milk.
      “You know what? You have thousands of people that you should beg for their apologies to. Because you are just too mean and naughty back then,” Daehan chuckles.
       Jungkook stop sipping and turns to Daehan with a worried face plastered on. Daehan stops chuckling and faces Jungkook.
       “Hey… What’s with the face, though?” Daehan feels uneasy with the sudden change of expression of Jungkook.
       “Was I… that bad?”
       Daehan feels guilty and hesitated to tell him the truth or not. But, Daehan knows knowing the truths is important even though they are not what people want to hear.
       “Yeah. The whole school almost made an anti-club just for you and our squad,” Daehan spits out the words reluctantly.
       Jungkook faces downward, letting out a sigh. He is thinking how he’ll get through this even though he does not remember what he actually did to the students, to the teachers, to the school until they wanted to do such things to him. He hopes that everyone is feeling sympathy towards him and not to raise any issues of him.
       “Hey, don’t worry,” Daehan pats Jungkook’s shoulder. Jungkook lifts up his face.
       “Seeing you like this now, people may already forgot about what you did to them. They are humans, they can think rationally. You now are not you before. So, relax. I don’t think they will like attack you or do such things,” Daehan speaks softly, making Jungkook feels a little bit relaxed and calmed.
     “Plus, people are shocked looking you like this,” Daehan adds.
     “Huh? What do you mean?” Jungkook wants to hear more and more about people’s perceptions and people related to him so he could quickly get his memories back, so he could committed his sins, so he could clean up the mess he made before.
     “You don’t dress like this. You don’t wear your tie neatly. You’ll bring along your iPod along even though the school strictly unallowed that thing. You won’t be in class in time. You won’t speak to anyone else except us. You never keep your mouth shut wherever you were, in the class, at the canteen, in the toilet, even in the examination. But, seeing you like this, people may have already throw away their bad thoughts about you,” Daehan tries to make Jungkook relaxed.
     “It’s okay. I’ll go to everyone and beg for their apologies for what I have done,” Jungkook gets up from his seat and steps away, leaving Daehan alone.
     “Hey! Are you serious?” Daehan turns to his back, asking Jungkook who is ambling away.
     “Yes,” answers him without facing Daehan.
     Damn, this kid has changed a lot. Whispers Daehan in his heart.
    Jungkook starts to meet random people in the canteen and says ‘sorry if I done bad to you’ to each of them, even to the canteen’s workers. Everyone’s expressions are priceless. They are shocked and some of them just smile and says ‘it’s okay, I forgive you’ and words synonym to that to him. Jungkook then enters the teachers’ lounge and does the same thing and their reactions are also the same. Then, he walks into the class with a thought that there might be some students in here.
     He pulls the door open. His eyes linger around to see if somebody is here.
     “Jungkook?”
     “AH!” Jungkook shouts in shock, when a sudden voice came from his back. His eyes catch a girl staring on him weirdly.
     “Oh, I’m… I’m sorry,” Jungkook bends to her.
     “Hey, hey. Let’s talk in there. We’re at the sidewalks, we’re blocking people’s ways,” she suggests.
     “Ouh, okay,”
     They take their seats, facing to each other.
     “Uhh.. Erm… I want to say sorry. If I have done bad to you. Like back in the days when I’m still had all the memories in my mind…”
     “Nah, you had done good to me,”
     “Are you serious?” Jungkook asks in disbelief.
     “Yes, I am. We were…” the girl then stops her words. Her eyes suddenly are not on Jungkook’s. Her eyes try to run away from meeting his. Jungkook could see her eyes are slowly been filled with sorrow.
     “Why?”
     “We’ll talk about this, erm, later. After the class, maybe?” the girl lifts her and starts to walk to the door.
     “Wait, what is your name?”
     “Min-hee, Choi Min-hee,” she smiles.
     “We’ll meet after the school session ends, perhaps?” Jungkook suggests.
     “Yeah, that will do,” she replies then walks away, leaving Jungkook alone.