JK : Tenth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

     “Ah!”
     “Don’t be too shocked, Jungkook-ah,”
     A figure of Minhee’s doppelganger appears in front of him. Her hair are long and untied, her face is flawless, she is wearing all white and most shocking is…
     … she has a pair of wings on her back and she’s literally floating in the air.
     But that does not what it matters for him now.
     “Minha? Choi Minha, is that you?”
     “Woah, I thought you forgot about me already,” she chuckles.
     He pulls the wire to flex it so he could be in ‘standing-in-the-air’ pose. He gazes on her angelic face with not even a single word comes off his mouth. She smiles sweetly when JK could recognize her.
     “I can’t be long here. I’ll have my work done then go,”
     “Wait. Where are you going? Work? What work? Why can’t you be longer here?”
     Minha sneers. She feels pity on him.
     “Why did you laugh? Nothing is funny!”
     His sudden raise of voice makes her startled. She is taken aback then she moves back closer to him.
     “I have to make sure you could land safely…”
     “Just take me with you, can’t you do that?”
     Minha gazes into his eyes sorrowfully.
     “You need to survive. It’s not your time yet,”
     “JUST….”
     Tears start to stream down his cheeks. He clenches his jaws firmly, trying not to sob.
     “Just let me die… I deserve to die. I made mistakes. People hate me. I created chaos. I’m only a pain in the to them,” he stutters.
     She smiles weakly then rests her palm on his shoulder.
     “Jungkook-ah, you’re a good boy. You’re an angel. You can tell that just by your silhouette,”
     JK turns his head to his side just to take a slight glare on his silhouette. He is actually quite amazed on how perfect and beautiful the silhouette is.
     “Who says people hate you? Look, all of them are worried of you,”
     He shifts his gaze to the audience. He could see clearly his parents’ and hyung’s extremely panic and worried expression on their faces. He then lays his eyes to the stage. He could see Daehan is literally crying with his eyes on you.
     “They need you. You can’t go just like this,”
     “But… But, I need you, too,”
     Minha’s tears finally drop, making her pale cheeks wet by her tears. She shook his head gently.
     “I’m sorry. But, I have to go,”
     “No. No, Minha! NO!”
     …
     He opens his eyes slowly. He blinks numerously before realizing that he is in his room, lying in his bed. He gets up from his bed then takes a look at the clock. It’s 8.00 a.m.. He puts his clock back on the table then walks out from his room. He walks to the living room then sees his parents and hyung are sitting on the couches.
     “Erm… What happened last night?”
     All of them turn to him sharply with tears of joy streaming down by his mother’s cheeks.
     “Oh, Jungkook-ah! You are awake,” she hugs you tightly.
     “Can someone tell me what happened last night?”
     His mother’s smile slowly fades away. She turns to his father then to his hyung then to him back, feeling hesitated to answer him.
     “All of the wires were cut off but luckily there’s a big pile of white feathers below you. You landed safely on it. Thank god, there’s that thing or else…”
     “But, hyung, where does the pile of feathers came?”
     He blinks in confusion.
     “The feathers were supposed to be there from the moment you flew down, wasn’t it?”
     JK tries to remember the plan of the theatre back, but he fails.
     “Ah! I can’t remember,”
     “Don’t think about it too much, what the most important now is you’re alright,”
     …
     Daehan runs as fast as he could while chuckling playfully.
     “Catch me if you can!”
     “I’m the Korean Usain Bolt. Don’t look down on me, Daehan!”
     He chases Daehan then manages to grabs his back collar, making him stop running any further.
     “Yah! Yah! Yah! Jungkook-ah, stop pulling my collar,” Daehan whines. JK just snickers with his hand still grabbing strong to Daehan’s collar.
     Suddenly, his eyes caught something on the notice board at the sidewalk. He lets go of his grip then walks closer to the board to have a closer look. He observes the picture in detail, trying to remember something.
     “What are you looking at?”
     He sticks out his finger to a picture of a girl on the notice board.
     “I really think I saw her somewhere,”
     “Seriously? Let me know this girl. She’s hot,”
     JK elbows him.
     “Ouch!”
     “I’m serious, Daehan. I really think I saw her somewhere,”
     “Maybe just in your dreams,”
     JK gives him a ‘seriously’ look.
     He keeps gazing on the picture.
     “I don’t know why, but by looking at her face, I feel like I wanted to cry,”
     “Aish! You’re so weird when you’re hungry, that’s why. Come on! The canteen will be crowded!”
     Daehan pulls his hand then runs towards the canteen quickly.
     The words that was on the board with the girl's picture is written, "In our memories, Choi Minha."

---- Prologue : Jungkook ended ----