JH : Fifth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

“Noona!“Noona!”
     Hoseok runs to her with a face towel around his neck and his dripping sweat all over his face. Hyeji turns to him.
     “Hey! Go back in there. You can’t leave the class just like this!” she exclaims.
     “Noona, you’re so pale,”
     She smiles weakly.
     “Thanks for the chicken porridge. It’s really good,” she lifts both of her thumbs up.
     He chuckles lifelessly.
     “Noona,”
     “Hurm?”
     “Are you actually okay?”
     She lets out a sneer.
     “Don’t worry. I’m always okay,”
     Liar.
     She taps his shoulder for few times before stepping away.
     “Those are just numbers!”
     Hoseok breathes heavily. He is hesitating to do this. He takes a step forward in reluctant.
     “A big gap of age won’t kill you as long as it is called love,”
     He starts to step more and confidently when suddenly…
     “Jung Hoseok?”
     He turns to his back and sees a man with a beanie on his head is crossing his arms.
     “Why are you not in my the studio?”
     He walks closer to him humbly with his face facing down.
     “So… Sorry, teacher,”
………
     “Okay, that’s all for today,”
     “Thank you and have a good day, teacher,” he greets the teacher and gives him a smile. After seeing him has already stepped out of the studio, he quickly runs to the rear area of the studio to pack his things and leave the studio and meet Hyeji.
     “Yah, Hoseok-ah. Why are you in a rush?” one of his friends asks when he sees Hoseok is stuffing all of his things into his bag with a split of seconds.
     “Sorry, mate. I have things to catch up. Bye, see you in next class,” he waves and quickly pace up to meet Hyeji.
     He is standing right in front of the door of the studio that she’s in. He could see Hyeji’s back facing him. He’s just about to step in the studio when suddenly.
     “YOU should be responsible of what you’ve done to me,” she exclaims on the phone.
     Hoseok hides himself behind the wall when Hyeji turns around to face the door with her phone still in her hand.
     “Come… Come on,”
     He could hear she’s suddenly tearing up.
     “Don’t just simply come back and leave me like this. Like you had done before,”
     What is this? Who is she talking to? What is this about?
     “ off. Don’t… Don’t see me again…” she hangs up her call.
     He could hear her sobs are getting louder. He could do nothing or else he’ll get caught by eavesdropping her. He lowered his eyes feeling pity and both sad since he only could hear to her cry instead of wiping the tears off for her. He sighs weakly. His heart feels the pain too even though it may be not as painful as what she’s feeling. But, to hear her crying that loud and bad could almost kill him.
     She pulls out a chair and takes a seat. Hoseok peeks on since her back is facing him. He could see that she’s pulling out something from her sling bag. He tries to catch a glimpse of the thing that she’s holding but he fails.
     She twists the cap open and takes out some on his palm. He couldn’t see what is that actually when he could see she lifts up her head a bit with her palm on .
     Pills. Obviously.
     Suddenly, she gets up from her seat and runs towards the door. Hoseok quickly runs away and hide. He could see that one of her palms is on while the other is on her tummy. She walks away, maybe to the toilet, he guesses. After her figure could not be seen again, he gathers all his guts and tiptoes into the studio. He reaches at the chair and the table. His eyes are locked on the bottle on the table.
     He wraps his fingers around the bottle and carries it closer to his eyes so he could see the labels on it clearly. He observes it with much detail.
     “Di… Diclo… What is this english word means…?” he stutters when he tried to pronounce the words on the bottle. He turns to the other label that is written in hangul.
     “...to reduce inflammation and as an analgesic reducing pain in certain conditions,”
     He lifts one of his brow, gazing on the bottle with confusion.
     “Yah!”
     He turns sharply to the door, seeing a figure of a woman with her hands on her hips.
     She strides to him and seizes the bottle from his grip, making him startled and withdraws some steps. She quickly packs her things up, stuffing everything into her sling bag and starts to walk away, leaving Hoseok alone. He chases her back and grabs her shoulder. She hitched her shoulder and turns to her back, making Hoseok’s grip on her shoulder loosen and apart.
     “Wait. Why are you being like this out of sudden?” he gasps for air. His eyes are gazing on her in suspicious.
     “What do you mean I suddenly being like this?” she frowns.
     “No… I mean… You suddenly stomped away like that and left me alone in the studio. Are you… by chance... mad at me?”
     “Don’t… bother me and my things, okay?” she starts to step away but Hoseok obtains to hold a grip on her wrist and pull her back to her spot.
     “Urghh… What do you want?” she grunts annoyingly.
     Hoseok sighs heavily with dissatisfaction.
     “If you’re mad just because I touched your things. I’m sorry. But, let’s clear things up,”
     “Huh?”
     “You’re still not okay, right? You keep going back and forth to the toilet,”
     She glares on Hoseok with disbelief.
     “You’re… peeking on me?” she exclaims with her index finger pointed to him.
     He gulps.
     “And… You’re… You’re having problems, right?”
     Her eyes opened wider.
     “You… did not…”
     She scoffs in disbelief. Anger starts to fill in her.
     “I can’t believe you just eavesdropped me,”
     Hoseok lowered his eyes, biting his bottom lip in guilty.
     “I… didn’t… mean to…” he stutters when suddenly she cuts off his words.
     “If you tell anyone about I am pregnant, I will surely kill you, you heard me?” she whispers with the gap between their faces only inches.
     Hoseok’s eyes are wide opened. He gasps and his eyebrows crushed.
     “You’re…You’re…ing pregnant?”