JK : Fourth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

“Jungkook! Jungkook-ah? Are you okay?” Minhee runs onto the stage and approaches Jungkook who is closing his eyes tightly while both of his palms are pressing onto his temples hardly.
     Jungkook opens his eyes slowly and looks at Minhee with his watery eyes. He shooks gently and blinks quickly, trying to make his vision clear.
     “Okay, let’s stop it here. I think I have gone too far,” Minhee taps Jungkook’s shoulders. But, Jungkook seems like he does not want to leave the hall when he suddenly grips Minhee’s wrist when Minhee tries to walk off the stage. He pulls her to beside him and taps on the seat beside him.
     “It’s okay. I have to let it be, or I won’t get my memories back,” Jungkook says.
     Minhee’s eyes are showing her concern of Jungkook’s condition now. But, hearing to Jungkook’s request, she takes a seat and decides to tell him some of their memories together.
     “Are you okay? Are you seriously could handle this? It’s a pain seeing you in pain, did you know that?” Minhee frowns.
     “I…”
     “Jungkook-ah!”
     Both of them turns to the hall’s entrance door. The voice echoed just now was from Junghyun, who is literally is standing right in front of the door. Jungkook gets up from his seat while trying not to show off he is panicked. Junghyun’s hands are now on his hips when suddenly his eyes notice a girl beside his brother.
     “Hyung! I’m sorry! I forgot to tell you…” Jungkook breathes heavily when he reaches his brother by running from the stage to him.
     “It’s okay,” Junghyun pats Jungkook’s head and his fingers to his brother’s hair.
     “Get in the car, I’ll be there soon,” he instructs Jungkook. Jungkook, with no excuses, maybe because he feels guilty to let his brother waited for him too long, walks away from the hall.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     “You know that girl?” Junghyun asks while his eyes are on the road.
     “Yes, my new friend,” Jungkook answers him straight away.
     “Well, I don’t mean like ‘new’. Of course we knew each other before but…”
     “Yes, I get it, kid,” Junghyun sniggers.
     Jungkook feels suspicious.
     “Do you know her?”
     Junghyun feels uneasy with his question. He clears his throat and rubs his neck with his palm.
     “She… Erm… Used to be your close friend,”
     Even hyung did know her. She must be that close to me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     “We’ll start picking actors and actress for our end-year theatre,”
     Jungkook narrows his eyes in confusion. He turns to face Daehan who is standing beside him.
     “What is this?” Jungkook is literally frowning, seems like not to like the event that will be held.
     “Your stage, mister,” Daehan whispers back.
     He faces him with a ‘what-the-hell-youre-saying’ face. He shook in confusion. Daehan rolls his eyes and leans in to him.
     “You really like to join in this since the first year. Oh, come on. You’re the most popular yet mischievous boy in the school,”
     “I don’t see a mischievous boy would like to join in a school programme,” he shook in disagree.
     “You’re an attention seeker back then, okay,”
     Jungkook sighs heavily.
     “Why did the old me like this thing?” he groans annoyingly.
     “Okay, students! Silence, please,”
     The whole class are now focusing their gazes on the teacher in front of them.
     “I’ll read how the story will go, okay?” she holds up a few papers on her hand.
     “Oh, man, here it goes,” Jungkook rolls his eyes.
     “There’s a kind girl who always and never get bored to give her hands to everyone in the village without asking for pay. She always smile and has a really good manners. She doesn’t know that her deeds have been recorded by her angel guardian,”
     Jungkook sighs in annoy. Why he has to listen to all this stuff? Come on!
     The teacher keeps on reading with the theatre storyline until 5 minutes later, she stops because she has finished read all of it. Jungkook fists up to Daehan while mouthing along ‘YES!’ to him. Daehan lets out a small chuckle before facing to the teacher back.
     “Ok, who’ll be the girl?”
     “Oh, she has started picking people,” Daehan whispers with his elbow keeps hitting Jungkook’s arm.
     Jungkook gives him a death glare. Daehan stops hitting him and pulls his elbow back slowly. He gulps and faces in front slowly.
     “Ok, who’s the angel?”
     “Jeon Jungkook!”
     “Ok, Jungkook-ah. You’ll be the angel, handsome boy,” the teacher winks to him.
     Jungkook widens his eyes and turns to Daehan sharply. Anger is conquering his body and both of his hands are slowly raising up to Daehan’s neck, ready to strangle him to death.
     “Ju… Jungkook-ah! It’s… It’s not me!” Daehan pushes Jungkook’s hands down. Jungkook narrows his eyes, not believing any single words from him.
     “Come on! It’s really not me! It is that girl! Over there!” he sticks out his finger out, pointing to somewhere behind him.
     He tilts his head to see who is that brave girl to call his name out. He is about to curse her in his heart when suddenly he sees…
     Minhee is smiling to him cutely.
     His frowning lips suddenly curve to a little smile to reply hers. She waves her hands swiftly and Jungkook replies her wave with a little wave too.
     “Boy? You not mad?”
     Daehan’s voice makes Jungkook blinks numerously and shook before facing Daehan back. Daehan is giving him a judging face with his arms crossed. His foot is tapping on the floor slowly. Jungkook tries not to meet his eyes with Daehan’s when he suddenly voices out.
     “Why don’t you get mad at her like how you did it at me?”
     Jungkook lets out a lifelessly and awkward chuckle. He the back of his neck with his palm and faces down before lifting his face back to Daehan.
     “My friend! Don’t get mad! It’s actually my warm up, man! I’m going to be the best actor like I used to be, Daehan-ah,” he pats Daehan’s shoulder with his palm, hoping for his friend’s anger to calm a little bit.
     Daehan rolls his eyes annoyingly. Without Daehan realizing, Jungkook’s eyes are back to Minhee. He keeps his eyes on her, looking her teasing and laughing with her other friends. Without Jungkook’s realization too, his lips are slowly curving into a sweet smile.