SG : First Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

   Yoongi steps in the classroom and saunters to his table. The students are loud, and that makes him annoyed. He walks in front of his class and takes the long wooden ruler and slams it on the blackboard. The chaos suddenly fades away and everyone’s eyes are focusing on him.
    But his action is worthless. The students start creating noises again. He takes a look at his watch on his wrist. Another 20 minutes before the class starts. He should have not woke up late again or he will face this situation, again. He leaves the class and searches a quieter place to spend his time before the class starts. He arrives at the school’s field and takes a seat on the bleachers. He likes quiet places and places with no people.
     20 minutes past by, he rises up from the seat. He starts to walk to his class when out of the blue, he sees a girl pacing to the school’s main gate outside the field. He fixes his glasses and strides to the school’s main gate.
     “You are late,” Yoongi points out his finger towards the girl in front of her who is panting. A Beat headphone is ringing around her neck. Some books are in her hands.
     “And no phones are allowed,” Yoongi puts both of his hands into the pocket and gives the girl a deathly stare.
     “This is not a phone, it’s music player!”
     “No music players allowed too”
     “Who are you to order me like this?” she stands awkwardly in front of Yoongi.
     “I’m in the student’s council,”
     “Oh,” a short response by the girl. She nods slowly and turns her head away.
     “Rude girl,”
     “Huh?” the girl then faces him again with confusion.
     “You shouldn’t bicker with someone who’s older, you know?” he fixes his glasses.
     “How do you…”
     Yoongi points his index finger towards the book she’s holding. They’re books from lower grades.
     “This guy eyes are sharp even though he wears specs,” the girl whispers.
     “I’m sorry?”
     “No, no, no. Nothing,” the girl waves her palms while shooking her head quickly. Yoongi is weirded by her actions.
     “Go back to your class and keep those headphone and phones or music players off my view,” says Yoongi then walks away, leaving the girl alone.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     “Damn, I want that headphone,”
     Yoongi ambles to his house after the school ends. What a boring day.
     “Why do I have to live like this? A life without a target. A life without an aim. A repeated routine. But, why am I still alive then? Why did I feel scared to die? There must be reasons behind all of this. And I want to discover them,” a monologue by Yoongi while he’s way to his house.
    “Mom, Dad, I’m home,” Yoongi pulls the doorknob and enters the house. He notices his parents on the sofa and his brother is standing in front of them. They’re smiling. His parents are smiling widely, which a smile that Yoongi never receive from his parents.
    “Look, Yoongi, your hyung got straight As in his latest test,” Mrs. Min raises up a few papers in the air with a big red circle with ‘A’ inside of it on top of each paper.
    “Well, congrats,” he nods weakly and gives them a bitter smile.
    “How’s your result?” his brother draws out a question that Yoongi never wants to answer in his entire life.
    “Fine,”
    “You shouldn’t ask that question at the first place, Yooshin-ah. He won’t reply as same as yours,” Mr. Min disses, and that somehow makes Yoongi’s heart cracks in pain. But, Yoongi do expect that kind of words to spit out from a person like his father.
    Yoongi enters his room and slams the door. He throws his bag on the floor and himself onto the bed. He stares on the ceiling with no reason. His eyes are focusing on the swiveling blades of fan. Then, he hears some knocks on the door, and he is so sure that is from his brother’s.
    “May I enter?” Yooshin’s voices out.
    Yoongi replies nothing.
    Yooshin opens the door and enters in. He then sees his younger brother is lying on the bed while staring him with his empty looks. He lets out a sigh and lies beside Yoongi.
    “I’m sorry,” Yooshin spits his words.
    “For what?” Yoongi asks.
    “For the question,”
    Yoongi snickers.
    “Nah, I’m already used to it,” Yoongi responds.
    “Seriously, how’s your result actually?”
    “Two Bs,”
    “The rest?”
    Yoongi replies him a silence, then these words, “As,”
    “Why don’t you just…?” his brother gets up from his position and makes an eye contact with Yoongi.
    “Dad will still criticise me with the Bs I got,” Yoongi is common with his father’s strictness enough until he knows things that will make his father mad.
    Since his father never compliment him in his entire life and always scold him, so he knows everything about that.
    Yooshin is back lying to his beside.
    “Well, that’s actually not a bad result. You should have just said to father, I don’t think he will be that mad since you improved a lot then your last test,” Yooshin blabs.
    “Okay, hyung. Okay,” Yoongi gives in with his brother.
    “I’m going out with my friends at the basketball court, wanna follow me?” he invites.
    Yoongi gives him a light shook.
    “I better get ready now. Bye,” he gets up and leaves the room.
    “Bye,”
    He continues staring on the white ceiling of his room. What a good life his brother is having now. He’s smart, have thousands of friends, good social skills and stuffs that father likes.
    He’s not jealous of his brother. He still could respect his brother as a hyung and also one of his role model. But, he also wants to be complimented by his father too.
    Yoongi gets up from his bed and walks outside. He peeps outside the window and sees his brother is playing basketball with his friends. He watches the game. Every time Yooshin tries to shoot in the ball, the ball won’t get in the net. Yoongi chuckles. Suddenly, his eyes catch something that seeks his attention. It’s the girl that were late to school earlier this morning. Suga’s smile suddenly fades away.
     But, he just witnesses something…
     Amazing.
     She’s wearing a white oversized crop tops with high waisted three-quarters legging and soft blue Air Nike. She lets her waist-long hair untied and swings with her moves. She looks amazing with her unexpectedly incredible basketball skills. She looks most stunning when she shoots the ball in and it gets into the net perfectly. Yoongi smiles when he sees the girl smiles in satisfaction after get the ball passed through the net.
     “Yoongi?”
     Yoongi’s eyes are wide opened. He turns his head and finds his mother is resting her hand on his shoulder while peeking outside the window.
     “What are you looking at?”
     “Uhh… Erm… Hyung,” he points towards his brother and his friends that are sitting at the middle of the court while drinking their drinks, resting after playing a game.
     “Well, okay, then. Get ready for dinner. Go get yourself neat and tidy, darling,” Mrs. Min pats his shoulder and steps away into the kitchen. Yoongi gives her mother a gentle nod and paces into his room.
     “Damn, that’s a close one,”
     He grabs his towel and takes off his glasses and puts them on the table. After wrapping his lower body with towel, he steps into the bathroom. He lets the hot water touches his fair-skinned body and face and also his hair.
     Ah, so refreshing.
     Suddenly, his mind is replaying the scene where he was watching the girl played the basketball.
     Her outfit.
     Her hair.
     Her skills.
     Wait, what.
     Yoongi shooks his head and raises his face upwards, letting the warm water refreshes his face.
     What a weird day.