V : First Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

“I’ll go first. Bye, Mom!” Taehyung gives his mother his sweetest smile. His mother replies his smile with a gentle wave. Tae could see his brother and sister are also waving to him. He gives them his last wave before his figure could not be seen by his family again. Tae decides to go to the nearest store before proceeding his way to his school. His tummy is grumbling even though he had emptied a large-sized box of cereal for his breakfast just now. He steps into the store and starts to survey some chocolate bars and snacks.

     “No, you can’t have it unless you have money to pay for it, Miss,”

     Tae turns to his back to see the ‘drama’ that is playing in the store right now. He could see the store’s owner on the counter is appealing his frowning face to a girl in front of him. She is wearing an oversized white short sleeves t-shirt and a pair of short denim with pair of black Converse on her feet. Her tied hair reveals her not-too-sharp jawline, a nice neckline and also a black lace choker around her neck. Tae could not see her face since he only could see her back. The girl moves her hands onto her hips.

     “No matter what you say…” the girl then grabs her chocolate bar that was on the counter.

     “I’m having this, the end,” she ambles out from the store.

     The owner’s angry voice breaks the quietness and starts to fill in the whole store. Several customers in the store have their eyes on him. He stops shouting after realizing that there’s no point for him doing that. He is positive that the girl won’t and doesn’t want to hear him. He just lets out a heavy sigh and shook his head.

     Tae places his can of Coke and a lollipop on the counter. The owner’s eyes then quickly shifted to Tae’s stuff and starts to calculate the total price. Tae hands him some notes after he states the stuff’s price. The owner receives his notes and his hands are busy handling the money to give Tae his change.

     “Ahjussi, who is that girl just now?” Tae asks while receiving his change back.

     “Ah… Don’t bother about her. Her incredibly bad manners make me want to kill her,”
     Taehyung nods gently.
     “How much is that chocolate bar?”
     “What?”
     “The chocolate that the girl took just now, how much is it?” Tae asks him again with his hands busy unwrapping the lollipop’s wrapper.
     “Same as yours,” he answers short.
     Taehyung puts his change back onto the counter and pushes it closer to the owner. The owner is still confused.
     “What’s with the face, tho?” Tae points out to the owner’s awfully confused face with his lolli.
     “You’re paying for her?”
     Tae says nothing but instead he just snickers and leaves the store. He then continues his journey to his school.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Eunha steps into her house with a chocolate bar in her hand. Her eyes are focused on a figure that is lying unconsciously on the torn and almost broken sofa. Her gaze then shifted to the table beside the sofa, full with empty cans and bottles. She tiptoes to her room and closes the door slowly, try not to make any sound so her father won’t awake.
     She throws herself on her bed. Her eyes keep staring on the ceiling that is full with colourful graffiti that she made by herself. She likes it, since she can’t express her feelings or share her problems with anyone. If she is stressed out or there just too many things are playing in her mind, she’ll grab her beloved paint sprayers and start spraying them all over the wall.
     She feels sleepy out of sudden. She decides to take a short nap.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Tae ambles his way to his house. The school session has ended, and now he is going back to his house. He plugs in his earphones and keep walking while humming to the song he is listening to. Then, suddenly…
     “Taehyung-ah!”
     Taehyung stops stepping. His eyes are widen. He gulps. He turns to his back slowly and reluctantly. There are several boys standing opposite him, with dissatisfaction plastered in each of their faces. Tae starts to take back steps.
     “Hey! Don’t try to run!” one of them shouts.
     The boys start to chase after Tae when Tae has already almost disappear from their vision. They try to chase him when suddenly his figure is invisible. Tae runs too quick till they cannot catch him.
     “That kid! Never stop fooling people around!” one of the boys screams. They then decide to just leave without keep searching for Tae.
     Tae lets out a relaxed sigh. His lips curved into a cynical smile. He shooks, reacting to the boys’ foolishness.
     “Hey,”
      Okay, he seriously does not expect for any voice to greet him that time. That voice makes him startled a bit. He hears a girl’s chuckle when he turns to his back slowly.
     Their gaze locked when Tae’s eyes meet hers. Her smile slowly faded away.
     “You!”