JH : Eighth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

     “Why don’t you tell me earlier?!” his voice is pitching high, making Minji’s tears stream down even heavier.
     “I… Ah, I’m sorry… I did not mean to…” Hoseok cups her face and wipes her tears off with his thumbs. Then, he grips her hand and gazes his eyes right into hers.
     “Don’t worry, Minji-ah. You’re a tough girl, aren’t you?” he ruffles her hair gently.
     She nods weakly.
     “We’ll search for her no matter what. Trust me, we will find her soon,” he speaks out confidently and start to stride with his hand still gripping her small hand.
     They run everywhere, together with their hands holding onto each other. Minji somehow is feeling a little relieved and calm. Thanks to Hoseok, he gives her strength to keep searching on Hyeji. And somehow, she is feeling something weird in her heart.
     But for now, let’s keep our focus on Hyeji, okay?
     “Uncle, sorry for disturbing, but do you see a lady like a bit shorter than me…”
     “Ouh, are you talking about Hyeji-ssi?”
     “You know her?” Minji widen her eyes.
     “Yeah, she always come here to buy stuffs,”
     Hoseok takes a look at the surroundings.
     “Oh yeah, this is the pharmacy she used to go,”
     Minji turns sharply to him.
     “You knew?”
     Hoseok nods.
     “Why didn’t you tell me you know bout that?! Why didn’t you stop her?!” she taps him hard with her another hand while her other hand are still in Hoseok’s grip.
     “Ah! I don’t know bout that pills! Ah! Stop hitting me!”
     “Erm… Are you searching for Hyeji?”
     They stop bickering then face to the man back.
     “Ah, yes,” Minji answers right away.
     “I think I saw her walking towards the big bridge. Her face are so pale,”
     “Thank you, uncle!”
     Minji runs out of the pharmacy right away then towards the bridge like 100 metres away from the pharmacy. They run as fast as they could. She stops running to gasp for some air. Hoseok pats her back gently, letting her lets out a few coughs. Suddenly, a familiar figure caught his attention.
     “THAT’S HER!”
     Minji held up her head, trying to notice Hyeji’s figure. She does not have enough energy to run even more, so she just paces fast to her while shouting out Hyeji’s name. Hoseok runs to Minji, then surround her waist with his arm to give her support to walk further. He could hear clearly her heavy breath and her voice cracks calling “Hyeji” nonstop.
     “Just… A bit more… Wait for us,” she murmurs.
     Hoseok almost tear up when he hears those words from . She is such a tough young girl that have to face such things in this age. He wonders how she could be this considerate as an eleven-year-old girl.
     Suddenly, Minji stops walking and that makes Hoseok weirded out.
     “Yah, why did you stop…”
     “She…”
     Hoseok shifts his gaze to Hyeji’s figure. Hyeji is nowhere to be seen. He narrows his eyes when suddenly he spots her figure…
     … lying weakly on the ground.
     “NOONA!”