RM : Ninth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

      After buying a new SIM card, he throws the old one to the ground and steps onto it, let it breaks into pieces. He then paces to the bus stop. He puts on the mask that he just bought at the convenience store. His eyes are wandering around, searching for bus. Can you please come here quick? he whispers in his heart. His eyes suddenly notice some men with black suits and shades in front of the convenience shop not far from here. , , , COME ON!
     A bus suddenly stops in front the bus stop. He quickly steps into the bus right after the door is opened. He doesn’t care where he will go, as long as far away from here. He spots the signboard on the bus that written on it the destination. Ilsan, erm, that will do I guess? He pulls out his laptop and places it on his laps. He plugs in a pair of earphones and tucks them in his ears. He starts to type and keep typing.
     The sun has set already. His eyes are getting heavier since he worked on his things and laptop for too long. He shooks and widen his eyes, trying his hard to stay awake. But, he fails. He then decides to take a nap. He closes his laptop and puts it inside of his bag.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     “You can get off from the bus now. It is the last station,”
     Namjoon opens his eyes and sees the bus driver is standing beside him. He clears his throat awkwardly and takes his things. He thanks the driver before leaving the bus.
     “Where the hell am I?”
     It is a cold, quiet and dark night. There’s barely vehicles on the road and there’s only some street people lying on the sidewalks. He walks and searches for any inn or motel nearby.
     “Thank you,” he thanked the man in the counter. He receives the key from his hands then walks straight to the elevator.
     …
     He throws himself on the bed.
     “Worst day of my life,” he murmurs.
     He wraps his body with the blanket, hoping for it to warm his body. He sighs heavily. He does not know what to do now and next. He is totally lost. Namjoon unwraps his body then takes out his laptop to continue his progress with his things.
     “Oh! Someone is replying me,” he says excitedly when he sees his inbox is full.
     Suddenly, a knock from the door startles him. He gets up from his bed and takes a peek at the door hole. He can see the guy that he received the key from is standing outside calmly. He opens the door slowly.
     “Yes?”
     “Sorry for being late, sir. Here’s your drink,” he hands in a tray with a glass of tea.
     “But, I ordered nothing,”
     “But, sir, the call is from your room,”
     Namjoon blinks in confusion.
     “Nah, never mind. I’ll just take it. Thank you,” he grabs the tray.
     “Your welcome, sir,”
     He closes the door and walks to his bed with the drink in his hand. He places it on the table besides his bed then back to focus on his laptop. His hand stretches out to reach for the drink while his eyes are still on the screen. He wraps his finger around the glass then moves it near to his lips then takes some sips.
     “Oppa, no!”
     He turns sharply to his right. He sees Nami who has both of her eyes wide opened. Namjoon blinks his eyes in confusion when his vision suddenly becomes blurred. He shook his head gently then takes a look at Nami back. He could see that Nami’s mouth is saying something but he does not know why he could hear nothing. Slowly, his vision fades to black.
     …
     He opens his eyes slowly. His eyes narrowed when the light is flashing brightly. He takes a look at his surroundings.
     Wait. Where am I?
     Suddenly, a figure appears, walking to him slowly then squats, levelling himself eye to eye with Namjoon. Namjoon could feel its fingers his hair and his face gently. Slowly, his vision becomes clearer. He thought that it was Nami. He startled to see that Mr. Kim is gazing him deeply with that close distant between them. He gulps.
     “Why… Why are you here?!”
     “Namjoon. Joon-ah. Calm down. You have to hear me,”
     “Why should I?”
     “You have to know the truth. No, I did not kill mother and Nami,”
     “How can I trust you? Just because you’re my dad, does not mean that I will trust your filthy lies,”
     Mr. Kim sighs heavily. Shockingly, it’s Namjoon’s first time to see his father to have that worried and sorrow face plastered on since the day mom and dad were divorced. He frowns in confusion.
     “I don’t care if you want to believe me or not. But, you deserve to know the truth,”
     Namjoon tries to get up from the bed when he just realizes that both of his wrist are tied up at the bed’s frame. He struggles hard, trying to just pull his hands off, but it is just worthless.
     “The accident. It was really not me. The accident that both of your mom and Nami involved was really an accident. I swear,”
     Namjoon stops struggling when he heard the word ‘swear’. He snickers then chuckles lifelessly. He meets his father’s eyes with a cynical smile on his lips.
     “You know when you swore, you can’t lie, right?”
     Mr. Kim keeps on gazing deeply in his son’s. He then nods weakly.
     “Yes, I know,”
     Namjoon’s smile slowly fades away when he is positive that his father does not show any signs of lying. He is being more and more confused.
     Is he really telling the truth?