RM : Third Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

Namjoon walks down the stairs. Those maids greet him whenever they pass by. Namjoon just reply to their greetings by smiling. He walks into the kitchen and sit on one of the chairs.
    “Where is Dad?”
    “Mr Kim was out hours ago,” the maid answers politely.
    Oh God, I want this so bad! I want to have breakfast together with my family before I die, please! his heart is begging. Namjoon hope He will listen me.
    Because they never have breakfast together, even though before the incident happened. Both of their parents will go out to work like seriously early in the morning. So, they only met at night.
    “Sir, the driver has came. It’s okay, take your time. I will tell the driver to wait for you, Sir,” the maid suddenly breaks the silence. Namjoon just nods slowly, agreeing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KRRIINNGGG!
    Yes, the class is finally over.
    But the bad news is, there’s more in the evening.
    So, he decided to just stay in here and not to go back home. It’s okay, he’ll try to find things to do for this free two hours.
    He is strolling at the sidewalk. His eyes are lingering around to see something interesting to do. Then, he stops in front of a notice board. The board is full with the students’ best works and results. He grins widely when he sees his face was nicely been sticked on the “Top 5 Students” section. His eyes then suddenly get attracted to a poem made by someone at the “Poems of the Month” section.
    “Wow, nice one,” he says those words automatically after reading the poem. He does agree that this poem is nice. He wonders who was the writer.
    “Oh my god! It’s mine! It’s mine!”
    Shocked by the sudden voice, he turns sharply to his right, where the voice came. Appeared a girl with shoulder length brunette hair with pair of red high Converse.
    “You know the school prohibited shoes with colors other than black and white, right?” he straightly points out her shoes. Her expression just so priceless.
    “None of your business!” she seems so mad. Haha, cute. She walks awkwardly beside him.
    “What are you doing? What do you want actually? Why are you here?” question by questions is addressed to her when he notices that gap between them is getting smaller.
    “You see that?” she points out the poem he read just now.
    “I wrote that. And I want to see it,” she puts her hands on her hips. She’s soooo childish.
    Oh! Such a brave girl!
    “You see that too?” he points out his (handsome) face right beside her poem.
    “It’s me. And I want to see it,”
    “Why would you stare at your own face? What a weird person…”
    “I don’t see that as a problem of yours. So, why bother?”
    “YOU’RE my problem now. I just wanted to see my poem!”
    “What’s your name?”
    “Can’t you h- Wait, what?”
    “Your name,”
    “Why suddenly..”
    “YOUR NAME FOR GOD SAKE,”
    “SUJIN! SUJIN! I’M SORRY, OK?!”
    “I like your poem. It’s nice,”
    And again, her expression is priceless.
    Her white cheeks are getting red. Their eyes meet.
    And here, where is the story starts.
    “Oh, umm, th… Thanks,” she suddenly turns into a shy girl. Her head is facing the floor, her bangs covered her face.
    “What? Why? Are you okay? Are you sick?”
    “NO! No! I mean, no. No, I’m fine. So fine,” she smiles sweetly.
    And that makes his heart thumps rapidly out of sudden.
    “Ermm… I… I got to go. See you next time, Sujin!” he walks quickly when he realized there’s another five minutes before the next class start.
    “Wait! Your…” Sujin is about to ask Namjoon's name when he suddenly leave her alone. She sighs. Then her eyes suddenly locked to his face on the notice board.
    “... name…” she then smiles widely when she saw his name was written nicely on the board.
    “Kim Nam-joon,”
    …
    “Kim Nam-joon,”
    A touch on his shoulder wakes him up from his daydream. I startled.
    “Do you hear what I just said? Go and answer the first question on the board, please,” Madam Song hands him a chalk.
    Okay, this is embarrassing. He never daydreams in his class. Never!
    His fingers are trembling when he tries to take the chalk from Madam Song’s hand. The chalk falls and rolls towards somewhere. He takes some steps backwards and he heard something breaks.
    And it’s the chalk.
    He squats down and tries to reach the broken pieces of chalk. When he tries to stand up with the pieces of chalk, his accidentally hit his chair and his elbow hits his friend’s water bottle at the back. The chair falls and hits Madam Song’s foot and the water bottle was uncapped and the water spills out and make her outfit soaked with green tea.
    With a guilty smile, he hands her the pieces of chalk. Her slanting eyes become smaller, her hands are already on her hips and her face just so red. Mad and shame.
    “GET OUT!”
    What a day.
    Namjoon walks out from the class with embarrassment. He can hear laughters from my classmates. This is so unusual. This is sooooo weird. He suddenly become so clumsy and keep destroying things. Everyone knows him as a manageable and neat person. This is just so weird.
    “Oppa?”
    .
    “Oppa, why are you… here?”
    He have no choice besides to face her no matter what.