JH : Second Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

“Let us go and grab our lunch, shall we?”
     Hoseok nods.
     They step out from the building and saunter their way to one of the nearest cafe. They enter the cafe and find their seats. A waitress comes to their table and hands them two menu books.
     “When you’re done choosing your food, just raise up your hands, okay?” the waitress smiles sweetly. Both of them nod.
     “Hurmm… Let us see…” Hoseok flips the menu.
     “I think I’ll just take salad,”
     “Oh, come on. Not with the diet again,” he puts down his menu then lifts up his arm. The waitress comes to their table.
     “We’ll have western for today. Grilled lamb and oreo choc milkshake for me and fish and chips and fresh orange for this noona,”
      “Okay, that’s all?”
      “And french fries, too,”
      “Okay. Please wait patiently and the food will be delivered to you as soon as possible. Thank you,”
      “Ah, this kid,” Hyeji gives him a death glare.
      “At least I don’t order chicken or meat for you,” Hoseok exclaims.
      Hyeji pouts.
      “Childish,” Hoseok teases her.
      “You’re younger than me,”
      “Your age does not fit with your behaviour,”
      Hyeji sneers. She stops bickering. She observes every features on Hoseok’s face detailly.
     “You’re growing,”
     He bursts into laughters.
     “Why so sudden?” he says with some laugh remainings.
     “When I first met you, you were just at my shoulder. But now, you have passed slightly over my height,”
     “Time flies away quite fast, huh?”
     Hyeji nods gently with a cute smile plastered on her face.
     The waitress comes by with their beverages then she walks away.
     “It’s been 3 years since you joined the club, right?” Hyeji asks with her hand stirring the drink with the straw before sipping it.
     “And a half,” Hoseok completes her sentence.
     “You wanted to be a dancer that bad, huh?”
     “It’s my passion,”
     “Your family? They’re okay with it?”
     “Only my mom and my sis,”
     Hyeji nods.
     “I’m so thankful to my mom. Without her, I might could not have been here. She’s so effort in making her only son’s dream comes true. And I’m not wasting this opportunity. I’m not,”
     “What a great son your mom has,”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Hoseok twists the doorknob to open the door. He puts his bag on the floor then walks to the living room.
     “Hoseok-ah,” her sister’s head pops out behind the wall out of sudden.
     “Erm?”
     “Have you eaten your lunch?”
     “I have,”
     “Okay, then,”
     She continues washing the dishes until it is done. She then makes her way to Hoseok and takes a sit beside him who is sitting on the sofa while watching tv.
     “How’s today?”
     Hoseok faces his sister.
     “What do you mean?”
     “Today’s class?”
     “Oh,”
     Hoseok nods.
     “There’s no class today. I just went there to practice by my own,”
     “Woah… What a hardworking boy,” she gasps.
     “So, you were there all morning alone?” she asks again.
     “Nah, with a friend,”
     “Who?”
     “Ah, noona, why are you being a busybody out of sudden?” Hoseok grunts, somehow feels annoyed with his sister that suddenly is making a q&a session with him.
     “I’m your noona! It’s not wrong for me to know, right?” she pouts.
     “If I tell you her name, you won’t know her. So, what’s the point for me to tell you so?”
     “So, it’s a girl,”
     That’s when his sister starts to suspect something.