V : Seventh Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

     “Don’t you feel bored spending every evening with me? Don’t you feel tired?”
     “What???”
     Tae could not hear her clearly since the sound of the spray is the only thing that audible.
      Eunha stops spraying then turns to him.
     “Don’t you feel bored and tired spending every evening with me?”
     “What??” Tae could not hear her again. Maybe because of her mask blocking her voice to pass through.
     She walks to Tae and stops right in front of him. She opens her mask and shouts to him the same sentence loudly.
     “Ah! You’re too loud! Come on! I’m not deaf,” Tae presses his palm on his right ear.
     Eunha giggles. Tae’s lips slowly curve sweetly by looking at her giggling. Realizing his smile, her giggle slowly vanished.
     “What’s with that smile, tho?”
     “It means I’ll never get bored or tired to see you,”
     “Oh my god, you give me chills, boy,” she withdraws some steps. Tae sneers and keep on spraying.
     After a few next minutes, Eunha stops spraying and takes a few steps back. She opens her mask and smiles widely.
     “Tae-ah! Taehyung-ah! Come here,” she waves her hands to call him. Tae ambles to her while taking off his key from his face. Eunha wraps his neck with her arm. Tae widen his eyes, feeling amazed and impressed. He scoffs in amazement.
     “Woah! This is pure art! Daebak!”
     It’s a graffiti of a pair of huge, fluffy, dark grey wings. Tae walks closer to the graffiti with his hands spread wide. Eunha ruffles his hair.
     “Thanks for your help. I wouldn’t have finish this without your help,” Eunha smiles cutely.
     It’s getting darker and darker, but they do not seem like to leave that place, or more precisely, they do not want to leave each other.
     “But, seriously tho. Why wings?”
     Eunha turns to him while sipping her coke.
     “I suddenly remembered a story my late mother used to tell me before going to sleep when I was like 10 or 11 back then,” she then continues sipping.
     “Bedtime story? What is it? Tell me,” Tae speaks with some cookies in his mouth.
     “Hey, you’re spitting all over the place. Don’t speak with your mouth full!” she hands in her coke.
     “You’ll gonna choke yourself. Drink this,”
     Tae takes it from her hand and chugs the coke before handing it to her back.
     Wait, is that… indirect kiss? Omo!
     Suddenly, Tae chokes on the cookies mixed with coke in his throat. He coughs hard numerously with his hand his chest.
     “Aish… I told you,” she pats his back until he stops coughing.
     “Are you okay?” she looks at Tae right in his eyes.
     “Yeah, I’m okay. I’m okay. I’m not gonna die yet. Don’t worry,”
     Eunha sneers then shook her head.
     “So, where were we?” Tae voices out.
     “Ouh, the bedtime story thing,”
     “Proceed,”
     “It’s a greek mythology, actually. My mom used to tell me the story in English,”
     Tae gasps in shock.
     “You can speak English?”
     She chuckles.
     “My mom preferred to speak in her language even though she’s living in Korea. She only talked Korean sometimes with my dad,”
     “Woah, amazing fact,”
     “The Fall of Icarus, that is the story’s name. There’s also a painting of this story in the gallery. It may totally worth more than a million I guess,”
     “Wow,”
     “The king imprisoned Daedalus and his son, Icarus in a really high tower because for some reasons. Daedalus was known far and wide by the public for his incredible skills as being the finest artificer ever in that age. One day, he got an idea how to escape from the tower after thinking for awhile that the only way out was up. He observed the birds flying above them in detail, giving him a brilliant idea. He built up two pair of wings, one for him and another for his son. He used all of the feathers that he could gather then shaped them with wax,”
     “Woah, he’s a pure genius,”
     “Then, they successfully escaped the tower. They flied furiously up in the sky. Unfortunately, Icarus forgot his father’s warning,”
     “What is it?”
     “His father said not to fly too close to the sun, or the wax will get melt easily. Well, blaming the excitement that was filling in him, he flied too close to the sun. Making the feathers started to fall off apart,”
     “He’s dead?”
     Eunha nods.
     Tae is taken aback.
     “Well, I don’t see how a sad and horror ending could be a good bedtime story for you,”
     Eunha chuckles.
     “Lol. I just realized about that after you mentioned it,”
     Suddenly, a ringing phone catches their attention.
     “Excuse me,” Tae lifts his palm.
     He takes out his phone and looks at the screen.
     “Oh, . It’s my mom,”
     “Good luck,” she smiles cynically.
     “Yes? Ouh, I just done playing football with my friends. Yes. Yes, mom. I’ll be back by 9 I guess. I’m at one of my friends’ house. Don’t worry. I’m okay. Okay, mom. Bye,”
     Tae hangs up the call and he could hear Eunha is chuckling.
     “I think you will end up being an actor one day,” she is still chuckling.
     Tae faces her with a funny look.
     “Ya think so? Hehehe,”
     Eunha bursts into laughters by looking at his derp face. She shook her head in disbelief how absurd this boy could be.
     “Eunha-ya. Do you want to meet my grandma?”
     She widen her eyes then stop sipping her coke.
     “Why… would… I…?” she stutters, still confused with his sudden question.
     “Don’t worry. She’s good! She’s lovely and funny. I am so sure you will like her,” he sticks out both his thumbs out.
     “But what if she will not like me?”
     Tae sneers.
     “No worries! I had told her about you from A to Z! And she sounded great!” his thumbs are still sticking out.
     “You told her about me?”
     His wide smile slowly begin to disappear. He clears his throat. He could feel his face starts to burn as his cheeks got warmer and warmer.
     “We… Well… I… I like to tell about my friends to her,”
     Eunha nods.
     “But…” she mutters then shifted her gaze to her outfit then to Tae.
     “I don’t think my clothes will give her a good first impression,” she murmurs.
     “Nah, it’s okay. You look fine in everything. Don’t worry,”
     She sneers. Her eyes then shifted to the graffiti on the wall. She gets up and ambles to the graffiti. Slowly, she lays her finger on it. She jumps in joy when the graffiti has already dried.
     “Tae! Come here!”