SG : Fourth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

“You are really talented in music you know. You should be one of those people who ruled the world of music,”
     Yoongi silents.
     “Well, my family seems like forbid me to do so,”
     “Why?”
     “I don’t know. My father told me to just continue studying as long as it not music. Maybe, he thinks being a musician won’t be successful enough. He lives longer, maybe what he said is true,” Yoongi answers her. Jaeshin looks at him, pitiful.
     “But you still doing it, huh?”
     “Hurm?”
     “You still plays the piano till today,”
     “Till today?”
     “Your notebook is full with notes. I’m so sure you didn’t play the piano just for a day,”
     What Jaeshin said is so true. Yoongi actually quietly composing music and writing lyrics behind their family’s back. Yoongi smiles.
     “Yeah,”
     “I know that I don’t have the rights to advise you this kind of stuff, but I just want you to hear me out,”
     Yoongi keeps his mouth shut.
     “Just chase your dreams. Don’t let anyone around you tells you what to do or what not to do. Not being a businessman or a lawyer doesn’t mean that you’ll be dead. You are the one who have to choice the path to your dream. If you don’t have the efforts and if you don’t even have a try, how can you know that you’ll fall? How can you know that you’ll receive failures rather than success?”
     Yoongi doesn’t even blinks his eyes.
     “End what you have started. Do what you love. Open their eyes. Open the world’s eyes. Face the reality. Face the falls and every downs. There’s no one succeed without fall once. Don’t be afraid. Don’t be scared. Strengthen yourself. You’ll be immuned will all of the hates and bad comments. Chase your dreams with hopes and keep moving forward,”
     Yoongi feels his heart is beating fast. His heart is filled with amazement. Her advices boosts his confidence and also his spirit towards his dreams.
     “Wow, you’re such a young girl, but you could say those words,” Yoongi amazed.
     “Maturity is measured by experience you faced, not by your age,” she smiles sweetly.
     “Thanks, Jaeshin-ah”
     “Your welcome,”
     And everything starts to taste sweet and blooms with joy and happiness.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Yoongi steps into his house and sees his brother is sitting on the floor with a brush in his hand. He steps closer to his brother to see what he’s actually doing. He sees a picture of a girl sitting on a bench under a blossom tree. Somehow, this place looks familiar to him.
     “What are you doing, hyung?”
      Yooshin just replies his question with a shy smile.
     “Painting,”
     “Isn’t this the place where you used to sit after the school ended?”
     Yooshin nods.
     “I see,”
     Yoongi steps in his room and hangs his bag onto the chair. He changes his outfit to white plain t-shirt and black three-quarters. He looks at the calendar. About a month before the next test. He pulls the chair out and takes a seat. He picks randomly a book between tons of books in the rack in front of him. Science? Well, that will do. He opens the pages and start to read.
     “Just chase your dreams…”
     Yoongi stops reading. His mind is disturbed by Jaeshin’s voice.
     “Don’t let anyone around you tells you what to do…”
     Yoongi loosens his grip on the book.
     “Do what you love. Open their eyes…”
     Yoongi shooks his head and tighten his grip on the book. He cannot daydream at time like this.
     “Chase your dreams with hopes and keep moving forward,”
      His eyes catch the figure of his notebook on his bed. Then his eyes are back on the book he’s holding. He then closes his book and slowly tries to reach his notebook on the bed without lifting his from his chair.
      “Yoongi?”
      He is shocked and his hands quickly moves to his Science book back. Mrs. Min is standing at the front door, holding a basket full of clothes.
      “What are you doing?”
      “Erm… Studying?” he lifts up the book. Her mother nods gently and draws out a cute smile.
      “Such a hardworking son,” she replies.
      “By the way, I’m about to wash the clothes, do you have any dirty clothes before I start washing ‘em?” she adds.
      “Ah, no, I guess. I think I already put mine in there,” he points out the school uniform in the basket that Mrs. Min is holding.
      “Oh, okay, then. I’ll leave first,” she closes the door and leaves.
      Yoongi lets out a sigh.
      Phew. That’s was close.
      He lets the book open and pushes it aside. He grabs his notebook and places it in front of him. A pen, that’s all he needs. Then he starts to write, and write.
      “Yoongi-yah, come and have your dinner,”
      Yoongi feels weird. He takes a look at the clock hanging on the wall. Wait, it’s 7 already?

      “I… I’ll come now,”
      He sees the whole family except for his father are already on their chairs. Yoongi pulls the chair besides his brother and takes a seat. Yoongi starts eating after he takes his pair of chopsticks that was neatly positioned right beside the bowl. His eyes are locked on the empty seat that supposed to be filled in by his father. But, he knows that his father is always busy with his work. He can’t blame his father about it because he knows that his father is searching for money to bear this family.
      “Yoongi, where’s your spectacles?” Mrs. Min asks while wiping tissue.
      Yoongi tries not to look panicked.
      “I somehow accidentally left it at the class,” he lies.
      “I’ll get it tomorrow, then I could take my exercise books or study for a little bit longer at there,” he adds.
      “Well, that’s weird. You seldom takes your glasses off,” Mrs. Min continues eating.
      “I… had PE, and it’s in last period, so I took my glasses off and placed it in my desk,” he adds again.
      “Well, okay then,”
      Phew.
      After having dinner, Yoongi helps his mother washes the dishes and cleans the table. He wipes both of his hand with a hand towel and walks to his brother’s room. He thinks he need to talk about the musician things with his brother.
     Yoongi knocks.
     “Who?”
     “Min Yoon-gi,” he then snickers.
     Yoongi twists the knob and enters in. He then sees the picture that his brother just now painted is hanging on the wall. He steps closer to the picture and runs his fingers onto it.
     “Hey, who let you to touch it!”
     Yoongi turns to his brother and smiles.
     “Oh, I’m sorry,” he lifts his fingers from the picture.
     He sits beside his brother on the bed who is listening to MP3 player while doing his Maths exercise book. He notices a full and complete set of paint brushes, water colors, poster colors, acrylics and other art-related things on his table. He is amazed, that must be really hard to afford them. And of course, he used his own money. Our father won’t give us to buy other things than stationeries, books and school-related things.
     “Who?” Yoongi asks with a cynical smile.
     “Who what?”
     Yoongi pouts his mouth to the picture. Yooshin smiles shyly and focuses back on his book.
     “I don’t know what do you mean by ‘who’,”
     “Come on!”
     “A friend,”
     “You got friendzoned or what?”
     “I’m sorry?” he pulls out one of those earphones, pissed off. Yoongi chuckles. Yooshin smiles and gets back to his work.
     “A girl that you don’t know,”
     “A girl that you want to know?”
     “I know her, already,”
     “I see,” Yoongi nods. Yooshin snickers.
     “Why were you actually here?”
     “Is it wrong for me to be here?”
     Yooshin is annoyed, and again, Yoongi laughs.
     “Can you hear me out?” Yoongi asks a question as an ‘intro’ for today’s ‘session'.