JK : Eighth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

     He leans on back closer to the desk and grabs the book back. He flips the page slowly, observing every doodle on the papers. He is frowning, feeling so confused and puzzled. He cannot process what is he reading actually. He has thousand of questions in his mind but he does not know who to ask. He stops on a page that contains another conversation. He fixes his posture to be comfortable before start to reading it.
     ...
     “Yah! Are you blind?”
     JK pushes the boy, making his touches the ground hard. He groans in agony and lifts his face to meet JK’s eyes sharp.
     “What’s wrong with you? I have already said ‘sorry’! Are you deaf?” the boy gets up and voices out to JK.
     JK scoffs in disbelief.
     “This kid really doesn’t know how to be polite to me,”
     “Why should I be polite to a person who does not deserve to be polite to?” the boy walks closer to JK with his fist clenching.
     …
     “JEON JUNGKOOK! JUNGKOOK-AH! STOP!” Minha pulls him from the boy with her girl’s strength. Both of them fall to their back hitting on the floor. JK tries to get up back and continue giving his punches but Minha takes her action quickly. She pulls him back to her.
     “BACK OFF!” JK shouts to Minha with his widen and sharp gaze on her. His jaw is clenching tight. Suddenly, his heart that is filled with rage and anger slowly begin to vanish. His heavy breath starts to get calm. His clenching fist slowly to get loose.
     Minha lets go off the hug slowly when JK is fully calmed down. She sighs heavily. JK is facing down, maybe regretting what he just done. She places her fingers under his chin and lifts his face up.
     “Ouch. You just ruined your handsome face, boy,” she shook in pique.
     …
     Minha comes back with two cans of Coke in her hands. She hands one to JK who is sitting on the bed quietly. Minha takes a seat on the chair beside the bed. Her gaze are locked on JK strongly. Suddenly, she takes out a book from her bag and a pen from her pencil box before writing something on it then hands it to him.
     “Are you okay?”
     Minha knows JK does not like to talk when he is not in a good mood. So, she will have a conversation with him in this ‘they-dont-even-know-what-to-call’ book. It’s a book that only both of them knows what is inside. The only place where JK could write cheesy thing so Minha won’t get annoyed with him. The only place where Minha could doodle whatever she wants.
     JK hands in the book to her.
     “Better. Thanks for the Coke,”
     Minha sneers.
     “Stop getting trouble all the time,”
     “You’re not my mom,”
     “I’ll be one for your children,”
     Both of them bursts into laughters.
     “Oh my god, I didn’t see that coming,” JK still chuckling.
     “I’m just joking around, okay. I just want to make you laugh,”
     “I’m ready to make you be one for my child,”
     “Oh my god, I’m disgusted,”
     …
     Jungkook smiles throughout the memory been played in his mind. But, he can’t see it clearly. He only could hear the voices. Suddenly, he remembers something. He gets off from his chair and runs out from his room.
     “Hyung!”
     Junghyun startled to see that his brother suddenly jumped in front of him. He is shocked af.
     “What the hell do you want?! You startled me, this kid!”
     “Ah, I’m sorry. But, can I bother you for a moment? I’m curious about something,”
     “What?”
     “By chance… do you know who is Minha?”
     Junghyun shifts his gaze to JK right into his eyes. His eyes are getting wider. His mouth is agape. He gasps in shock.
     “Oh my god… Jungkook-ah? You already remembered everything?”
     “Uhh… It’s not… Like… Everything… Just… I don’t know… If that’s real or what,”
     Junghyun pulls JK to take a seat beside him.
     “Hyung! Who is Minha?”
     Junghyun lowered his gaze then throws his gaze onto the floor. He gulps, feeling hesitated to answer his question.
     “You know her. Tell me about her, hyung,”
     “But…”
     “Hyung, please,”
     …
     “I hate this family,”
     “Yah, Jeon Jungkook! Don’t be rude to your parents!” Junghyun shouts to him. His younger brother is getting on his nerves. This is just too much.
     Jungkook strides off to his room and slams the door closed.
     “Jungkook-ah…” Mrs. Jeon starts to tear up.
     Junghyun shifts his eyes to his mother. He clenches his jaw and steps to JK’s room when a hand suddenly blocks his way.
     “It’s okay, Junghyun-ah. Maybe we just went hard on him. Let him rest for a bit,” Mr. Jeon sighs.
     “No, dad. He will never learn his lessons!” he wants to twist the knob open but seems like his dad does not like his action. Mr. Jeon shook his head gently, signing that Junghyun should not proceed. Junghyun backs off, withdraws a few steps.
     Jungkook starts to pack some of his important stuff into his bag then tugs it on his back. He climbs his bed, kneeling right in front of the window.
     Should I really do it?
     He facepalms himself.
     “Ouch!” he groans. He just hit the bruise that left on his temple, effect from this morning’s fight. His face is full with bruises and some cuts too. Especially on his right eye, the worst and most painful bruise out of all on his face.
     He faces back to in front of him then slides the window open. He could feel the cold breeze touching his skin. He puts on his hoodie on. He is about to jump when suddenly…
     ...his phone ringing.
     “What is it?”
     “Hey. What’s with that tone? Are you in a bad mood? Did I call at the wrong time?” Minha shoots him with questions, making him feel more annoyed.
     “Yeah, at the perfectly wrong time,”
     “I just got back from the store. I have some cokes. Maybe I should come to your win…”
     Jungkook frowns in confusion. Why did she suddenly cuts off her words? He looks at the screen then hangs the call up. He turns the phone off and tucks it into his pocket. He shifts his gaze to the window when suddenly he goes frozen.
     Minha is staring him right in his eyes from a few metres away at the pedestrian lane with plastic of cokes in her hand. Her eyes are widen and her face is shocked af.
     Jungkook jumps off the window and closes it. He walks to Minha who is still staring him without a word been spitted out from .
     “Where is the cokes?”
     Minha takes out a coke and hands it to him. He opens his bag and puts it in then zips it off back. He starts to walk away.
     “Yah… Yah. Yah! Where are you going?” she runs to him.
     “Away from the house,”
     Minha widens her eyes again.
     “Hey! This is ridiculous! You can’t do that,” she grips his wrist firmly. He stops ambling and turns to her sharply with a death stare from his fierce eyes. She strengthen her grip. His stare won’t fear her, and he also knows that.
     “Just go home. Back off,” he hitch his hand. Her grip loosen but that won’t make her to giving up easily.
     “You’re too immature to think rationally. Hey, don’t do this,” she steps closer to him.
     “Shut up. You know nothing about me,”
     “But I know everything about us,”
     Her teary eyes locked on his. He is slowly falling onto her beautiful yet sorrowful eyes. A pair of eyes that he wishes he would stare for the rest of his life.
     But, that is way too bull. People won’t think they’re serious because they said they are too young to know what love means.
     “Just… Let me go. Leave me alone,” he hitch his hand again, making her fingers to unwrap his wrist.
     He gives her his last gaze before leaving her alone. She rolls her eyes up, trying to hold herself from tearing up. She lets out a heavy sigh when a sudden flash makes her dazzled. Her eyes are wide open when she sees him who is crossing the road (so ing) slowly.
     “JUNGKOOK-AH!”

     Jungkook turns to his right. His eyes are reflecting the car’s light that is shining and illuminating the dark and empty road. He suddenly feels his whole body numb. He knows it is too late to regret everything, so he decides just to take this one by himself.
     May the world be peace without me.
     Minha grabs his body firmly by hugging him then turns away so her back could face the car. She could feel tears rolling off her cheeks but that does not matter anymore. A screeching sound produced by the car tire is too loud, catching the attention from all the neighbourhood. The car tries to avoid them but the side front area of the car is about to hit her back. Minha quickly loosen her hug. Jungkook who has already passed out falls off with his head hitting on the tar hard.