JK : First Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

The screeching sound produced by the car’s tires and the sound of cracking and broken glasses wake him up from his deep sleep. He breathes heavily. His eyes try to search for someone he knows in the room. He wants to scream and shout for his parents, but he does not know why, his lips keep shutting in silence. His eyes then notice a guy is resting his head beside him.
     Hyung? His heart whispers.
     He keeps observing the room that he and the guy beside him staying in. He knows this is not his room. There’s no any action figures of his that he collected since he was in kindergarten. There’s no his red alarm clock beside him that will wake him up every seven so he could get ready to go to his school. There’s no closet of his that always filled with his outfits and clothes.
     He wonders where is he right now, and who is the person next to him, and what actually happened. He moves his fingers slowly, then try to reach the guy’s hair. He gulps. He startles when the guys lifts his head.
    “Ju… Jungkook-ah? You awaked? Oh my god! You are!” the guy smiles in joy.
    “Hyung, where am I?”
    The guy ignores his question. He runs and exits the room quickly, maybe to call the others and tell the good new to them.
    “Hyung-ah,” Jungkook calls out his hyung right after his hyung came back into the room.
    “Oh, yes? Yes, Jungkook-ah?” he runs his fingers to Jungkook’s hair. His calm eyes are filled with affection and love of a brother.
    “Where am I? Why are you here? Why do you look so happy?” Jungkook throws numbers of questions that were stucked in his mind since the first second he opened his eyes.
     Jungkook’s hyung or in other words, Junghyun, smiles bitterly and touches his younger brother’s pale face.
     “We’ll talk about that later, Jungkook-ah. Have some rest. The doctor will come later,”
     “I already have enough rest, hyung. Doctor? Why doctor?” Jungkook still clueless. Reluctance wrapped all over Junghyun’s body. Junghyun takes his seat back when Jungkook’s small hand grabs Junghyun’s hand.
     “Okay, here. This will be the last time we’ll talk about this, okay?”
     Jungkook nods gently.
     “You just woke up from your coma,”
     What?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     Jungkook gets the shirt’s buttons done and fixes his collar. He takes a look of himself at the reflection of the mirror. After making sure everything is neat, he walks out from his room to the dining table. Mrs. Jeon smiles sweetly when she sees his son already complete ready in his school uniform.
     “Come and have your breakfast,” Mr. Jeon invites his son to join him on the table. Jungkook smiles then takes a seat right beside his father. A plate of scrambled eggs, sausages and bread is ready to be eaten.
     “Are you okay? Do you want me to follow you to the school?” Mrs. Jeon asks. She is wiping the wet and clean plates that were just washed by her.
     “You are too worried! Relax, darling. I’m sure he’s okay. He’s a grown up boy! He’s 14, not 4,” Mr. Jeon wheezes.
     “That’s not the point, darling. He remembers nothing after the accident except us. He must feel…” Mrs. Jeon places her hands on her hips.
     “It’s okay, mom. I’m okay,” Jungkook cuts her mother’s words. He gives his mother a confident smile and lift up both of his thumbs. Mrs. Jeon replies his smile with a bitter one.
     “Look! I told you he’ll be fine!”
     “Fine,” Mrs. Jeon’s hands continue wiping the wet plates. Jungkook gets up from his seat and walks toward his mother. He wraps his fingers around her mother’s wet hand. Their eyes locked to each other.
     “I’m seriously okay, mom. Thank you for worrying about me,” Jungkook bends to his mother. Both Mr. Jeon and Mrs. Jeon stare him with disbelief. Jungkook lifts up his body and notices his parents are looking at him with a weird facial expression on both of their faces. He ignores that and walks out from the house after done tucking in his feet in his pair of white low converse.
     A car then stops right in front of him. Junghyun smiles and waves his hand from inside of the car. Jungkook’s lips widen. He ambles to the car and opens the car door. He takes a seat right beside of his brother.
     “You drive? Since when?” Jungkook asks him in curiosity.
     “I’m learning. Don’t you remember I drove you to school last week?” Junghyun answers him with his eyes on the road.
     “But, you’re not even 20…”
     “I already graduated, don’t you remember, Jungkook-ah?”
     “Oh… I’m sorry for not remembering that…” Jungkook lets out a sigh.
     After the accident, seems like Jungkook remembers only a little. There’s not even a single name of his friends or other acquaintance that he knows before is in his head. There’s not even a single memory in his mind. He wonders if he could start his life like any other ordinary kids out there. He throws out his view outside the car window.
     “Hey, I don’t mean it. I’m sorry. I know you need time to try your best to remember things back. But, Jungkook-ah, don’t force yourself. If you can’t, it’s okay,” Junghyun gives a warm advice so Jungkook could feel good and encouraged. Jungkook does the ‘ok’ sign with his fingers.
     They arrives in front of the school’s gate. Jungkook’s heart is beating and pumping rapidly. He is nervous to face another thing in life. Friends and school. He is not sure if he will be okay. Now, he is regretting his action just now. He should not reject his mother’s offer.
     “What are you waiting for?”