JM : Second Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

“Like all of us have known, there will be a music and arts festival held in Busan annually and we will always be invited by the sponsors to perform on the stage every year,”

      Those words make everyone’s eyes shine and glitter with excitement, especially Jimin’s. His lips curved into a big sweet smile and his mind has already started to imagine how incredible the performance will be.

     “Park Jimin will lead this year’s performance and for the rest, I will pick for those who are completely ready and highly determined and eager to be on the stage…”

     Jimin does not expect that he will lead the stage this year but it is an honour for him. He is kind of shook as well to hear the sudden announcement from his teacher. He receives everyone’s attention when his name is called out just now. His mouth forms a wide grin when his friends pat his back numerously and start to . Without anyone realizing, there’s a pair of eyes are gazing on him unsatisfyingly.
     Today class has ended. All of the members practised hard for the upcoming performance. The moves for the stage is kind of hard but they still could manage to follow them perfectly and flawlessly. Jimin knows that his friends are good dancers and could keep up with any genre of choreography. He has faith in them.
     Jimin replies every ‘bye’ that his friends give. He waves his small palm to every of them. He is about to leave the building when he suddenly remembers something. He runs back to the dance studio with hope that the person he’s been searching for is there.
     And, she is there.
    “Hey,”
    The girl stops dancing and faces him with an annoyed face.
    “So… Sorry for bothering but…” Jimin stutters. He takes out something from his bag and hands it to the girl.
    “This… is yours, right?”
    The girl’s eyes shifted her gaze to Jimin’s hand. She nods when she sees a USB of hers in his grip. She walks closer to him and takes it from him.
    “Thanks,”
    “So, you could talk?”
    The girl gives him a what-the- look.

    “No, I mean. I could barely see you open your mouth,” Jimin lifts up both of his shoulders and his hands.
     “I talk with those I want to only,”
     Jimin nods.
     “Oh,” Jimin replies.
     Jimin’s eyes are locked on her right ankle which is neatly wrapped with bandage.
     “You still could dance with your leg like that?” Jimin points out her ankle.
     “It’s not a big deal,”
     “What if it gets worse?”
     “None of your business,” the girl walks away and continues practicing her moves.
     Jimin keep his eyes on her. He knows her decision is brave but it is not worth to try since he experiences this a lot.
     “Ouch!”
     “I told you,”
     Jimin ambles his way to her. She is gripping her ankle hard. Her eyes meet his.
     “What are you looking at?”
     Jimin falls on his knees.
     “Let me see,”
     The girl removes her hands away. Jimin observes her ankle real close before responding.
     “It was not that serious. But still, you have to give it a rest. Put some ice on it and don’t dance for few days,”
     When Jimin lifts his face, he could see that the girl is staring him. And her eyes are still on his.
     “Err… Erm… My parents probably here… I’ll…” Jimin gets up and walks backward awkwardly.
     “I’ll… I’ll go first, maybe?”
     She waves her palm. Jimin is about to leave the studio but then…
     “Wait… What’s your name?”
     “Yein,”
     “Bye, Yein,”
     She smiles.