JK : Sixth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

     “What the hell happened…”
     He groans in agony when he suddenly feels a slight pain strikes in his mind. He presses his palm on his temple hardly. He shook a little bit to lessen the pain. He grabs his clock and takes a look on it.
     4.00 a.m.
     Know what? Imma sleep. Bye.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     “Why are you late, Jeon Jungkook?”
      He keeps his gaze on the floor with both of his fingers intertwined to each other.
     “Do you know that you are taking a part in this play?”
     “Yes, teacher,”
     “Then? You know that being punctual and discipline is important if you are participating in this play. Even though this is not a big thing, you should not take this for granted because your friends aren’t,”
     “I’m sorry, teacher. I promise not to be late again. I did not mean to take the play for granted,” he bows 90 degrees.
     The woman, with her arms crossing, sighs heavily. She nods gently and points out his finger towards her back.
     “Go join them,”
     Jungkook bows and apologizes once more before walking towards the group of students.
     “Yah, Jungkook-ah,”
     He lifts his face and sees Daehan with a worried face plastered on.
     “What happened?” he asks with his palm on Jungkook’s shoulder.
     “I thought you’re not joining in this thing,”
     “I am. But I’m with the behind the stage crew,” his fingers shape a V sign and he places it under his chin. Both of his eyebrows raised proudly.
     Jungkook sneers.
     Daehan slaps JK’s (when u’re just too lazy to write Jungkook) shoulder.
     “Ouch! What the hell?”
     “What happened just now?”
     “What?”
     “Why did you got scold?”
     JK rolls his eyes in annoy. He inhales and exhales deeply.
     “I’m late. Okay?”
     Daehan nods with his fingers making an ‘OK’ sign.
     “I can’t believe she just scolded me that hard. It’s not like I skipped the whole thing or what. I just got late for the practice. Nothing much,”
     “You got here FREAKING late,” Daehan taps his finger on his watch.
     “Whatever,” he rolls his eyes, again.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     “You have to make sure to tighten it before going down, okay?”
     JK nods with his hands are still tightening the vest as tight as he could.
     “Hey, don’t chock yourself,” the man chuckles, making JK sneers as well. JK thanks the man before the man leaving him alone, standing on the top with his eyes looking at his friends down on the stage.
     “Jungkook-ah, wear your wings on!” he could hear a girl’s voice down there. He takes a peek downward and sees Minhee is smiling at him with both of her thumbs sticking out. He grins and takes a look at the pair of fluffy wings behind him, on his back.
     “I’m wearing it!” he shouts out. The hall is echoing with the students’ cheers for JK, feeling excited to see the angel to get down gracefully.
     “Yah, Jungkook-ah! Make sure to look really like an angel! I sacrificed my sweat and energy on that freaking wings!” Daehan screams with his finger keeps pointing on him upwards. JK shook and chuckles simultaneously.
     He shifts his eyes to his left, giving a ‘ready’ signal to the man who thought him to wear the vest thing, maybe a technician or someone. The man nods and sticks out his thumb. JK gets down, sit on the platform with his legs hanging in the air. His fingers are gripping on the platform firmly. He breathes in deeply and pushes himself of the platform. He could feel himself floating in the air.
     “Oh my god, he is doing it,” one of the girls whispered to Minhee.
     He spreads his hands widely. One of his legs, bends a bit, posing comfortably to look suit in his huge and fluffy pair of white wings, like an angel. His closed eyes slowly begin to open, and his lips curve sweetly.
     “I don’t like to say this but he’s doing pretty good,” Daehan snickers.
     As soon as his feet touch the stage, all of the students cheer joyfully. Most of them throw tons of praise and compliments to him such as;
     “Oh my god! The viewers will love you!”
     “The heaven is ready to hire you, Jungkook-ah,”
     “Are you sure you’re a human?”
     “Woah, you really look angelic, boy!”
     And etc.
     Everyone is practicing hard, over and over again with patience and effort. The behind-the-stage crew is also working hard with the stage lightings, background musics and other stuffs. They are young but they could be independent with a bit teaching from the elders. They have teamwork, and that is enough to make the dreams work (eheheheheheh).
     “Thank you for the cooperation! You guys worked hard! We’ve worked hard!”
     The students are packing their things up, ready to walk off the hall and back to their homes. The behind-the-stage crew has to stay for a while to organize some things before heading back to their houses. JK is lingering around on the stage, waiting for Daehan to end his work and task before walking back home together.
     Suddenly, his eyes catch some scattered feathers on the stage floor. He falls on his knees and start to pick them up when suddenly his fingers touch someone’s. He lifts his face and sees Minhee with a cute yet weak smile on her face. His gaze shifted on her untied hair.
     She still looks beautiful without braids or ponytails on.
     “I thought you’re already go back home,” JK gets up and wipes his knees, brushing the dust and dirts off. She does not reply instead, she just keeps smiling.
     “Give me those, I’ll throw them off for you,” she spreads her palm towards him.
     “Oh, thank… thank you,” he puts the feather onto her palm. He could feel her super soft hand touching his.
     “Jungkook-ah, let’s go,” Daehan taps his shoulder.
     JK turns to his back, giving Daehan a few nods before shifting his gaze to say goodbye to Minhee.
     He freezes for a while when he could not see any figure of her in front of him.
     But… She was… Just right… Here…
     “Hey, come on. I’m exhausted!”