RM : Second Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

“THIS IS BULL!” Namjoon screams loudly until his heart contents.
    What I said just now is true! He also felt guilty and I knew that! But, why? Just ing why? Why did he never change? Why did he just so god damn heartless? Your son? You’re saying that I’m your son? No one treats their son like you do! I want my Dad! I want the old you! I… I want…
    ...I want the old us…
    …
    “Nami, could you pass me the water, please?” Namjoon asked his sister.
    “Here you go, oppa,” she passed Namjoon a glass of cold water politely.
    “Where are they?”
    “Who?”
    “Mom and Dad,”
    Both of them had already waited for their parents for 20 minutes, but they seems like hopeless to appear.
    “How about we wait for about few minutes again, I’m sure they’ll come down,” he tried to comfort Nami’s heart. Her smiling lips started to dull and curving downwards.
    “Oppa, do you want to join me? I’m planning on celebrating our parents’ anniversary…” and Nami keep talking about her plan and stuffs excitedly. I just heard every single words that had been spitted out obediently.
    Nami was such a caring and kind sister and also daughter. She never forgot each single important dates and events of the family. She always had her own plans for each of the celebrations. I smiled widely while hearing her detailed explanation of her plan.
    When suddenly…
    *heard something breaks and shatters*
    “Nami, stay here. I’m going to see what happened, okay?”
    Nami nodded slowly, her face looked frightened.
    It’s okay, Nami. Oppa will protect you if something happened. His heart whispered.
    Namjoon walked upstairs slowly, almost tip-toed. He was pretty sure that those broken sounds came from his parents room. He really hoped nothing happened. His heart pounded rapidly, nervous and afraid, those feeling were mixed. He pushed a bit the door, then peeked to see what actually happened inside the room.
    “Shut up! The kids would hear us, you stupid woman!”
    His eyes were wide opened. He just eavesdropped the conversation from the outside the room.
    “What do you mean by they had their shares more than us? How could this happened, huh? You told me this won’t happen, and now what? Who’s the one is stupid right now?”
    “Stop talking! You’re making my life messed up!”
    “My life had already messed up, start from when I got them both!”
    Wh… What…?
    “You said your mom would like us if we gave her some grandchildren. We gave her! And you said we would get more than what you promised. Now, she’s giving like, almost EVERYTHING to their so beloved grandchildren. And now what? We have to beg on our knees to them? Huh?”
    “I never know this would happen! I thought she will gave us those shares. Well, my thoughts were wrong…”
    “Kill them,”
    Namjoon took some steps backwards. His eyes were now opened wide. Tears formed on his eyes were waiting their time to fall off. His legs suddenly felt weak, too weak until he didn’t think that he could stand still.
    “Are you crazy?! Think rationally, woman,”
    Dad?
    Can I still have faith on Dad?
    Dad? You still love us don’t you?

    His thoughts suddenly flew away when he started to remember/realise something…
    NAMI!
    He was just about to run straightly to the stairs when suddenly…
    Nami had already appeared right in front of him.
    Wait… So… Nami did hear… everything?
    Her face was expressionless. Her eyes just stared the door without blinking even once. Her eyes were teary, and he could felt that she was trying her best to not let the tears fall off.
    “Nami? Nami-ah?” he patted her shoulders, trying to comfort her.
    “Shh… They will hear us,” Nami held Namjoon’s hand. Her eyes met his. Then, she started to walk while pulling his hand, wanted him to follow her.
    “Let’s go,”

…........
    They were really young back then, when they heard the conversation. They did planned something like run away from the house or reporting to the police. But they were like 10 and 11, who would trust us? They wanted to tell their grandma, but she then found dead few months after they heard the conversation. They were afraid, and at the same time, they were hoping for their parents to change. But, nothing happened. Plus, things getting worse.
    Namjoon lost his happiness, he lost his faith in his parents, Namjoon and Nami, they seldom met and they were now like strangers, their parents divorced and Mr. Kim started to bring es back.
    For god sake, someone help me please!