SG : Third Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

“Yoongi, don’t forget to switch off the lights and fans,” the class monitor advised before he leaves the class. Yoongi is now alone, and he’s finishing his homework diligently.
     Plus, Yoongi actually wants to use the music room. The song that he is making now is almost done. So, he would like to get his work finish as soon as possible. He closes the exercise book and puts in his stationeries back into his pencil case. He inserts both the book and pencil case into his bag. His hands in searching for his notebook in the bag.
     “Where the hell did I put this ,” Yoongi curses, mad at himself for being too clumsy for misplacing his notebook.
      Yoongi zips his bag and carries it to his back. He walks to the music room with hope that the notebook will still be there. He slides the door and searches for his notebook on the music rack. Well, there’s nothing on the rack! He then hears the sounds of bumping ball.
      “That kid,”
      Yoongi paces to the basketball court and shouts her name.
      “YAH, JAESHIN-AH! I WANT MY NOTEBOOK BACK!”
      Jaeshin stops bouncing the ball, and lifts up the notebook in the air with a smirk.
      “Want this? Get your feet on the court, mister,” Jaeshin starts bouncing the ball back.
      Yoongi is mad, like seriously mad. He wants to throw tons of curse to her, but he thinks it’s worthless to curse to a kid like her. He steps in the court and pulls his long sleeves, showing his fair arms.
      Yoongi tries to reach the notebook when Jaeshin suddenly makes her moves. Yoongi follows her steps and make attempts to seize the notebook but Jaeshin successfully gets to avoid and keeps the notebook in her hand.
     “Damn, this kid is hard!” Yoongi curses in his heart.
     Yoongi sees an opportunity, seems like the girl’s grip on the notebook loosen when she’s too focusing on bouncing the ball. Yoongi runs as fast as he could and makes an attempt. However, he fails to seize the notebook but he succeeds seizing her hands.
     “Ouch!” Jaeshin screams.
     Both of them fall on the ground. Yoongi’s view is blurry and he wonders why. He then finds his glasses are also laid on the ground, in pieces. But, that’s not the thing now, the glasses, he wants his notebook back.
     “Ahh…” Jaeshin rubs her wrist gently and gets up from the ground.
     “You hurt my wrist! You pulled me too harsh!”
     “Where’s the notebook?” Yoongi’s eyes are almost cannot be seen because he is trying to find his notebook. He tries to have a look at the floor, there’s nothing else than the ball and his broken glasses.
     “Oh, there it is,” Jaeshin voices out.
     Yoongi’s eyes are excited to see the notebook back when suddenly he finds the notebook is…
     … hanging right on the net.
     “DAFUK? WHAT YOU WANT TO DO NOW TO GET THAT OFF THERE?!”
     “Calm down! I can shoot! Relax!” Jaeshin glances at him and picks the ball on the floor. She holds the ball with her not injured hand and shoots. Unfortunately, the ball not even close to touch the net.
     “Well, I thought you’re the amazing girl that I’ve ever met in playing basketball,” Yoongi disses.
     Jaeshin doesn’t know why, but her heart feels a light of happiness when she heard those words of his mouth. But, she knows it’s not a time to joke around now.
     “It’s… My hand… My usual hand that I used to shoot with is injured,” she lifts up her bruised wrist.
     “Oh, , it leaves bruise,” Yoongi whispers in his heart.
     “Erm… Let… Let me have a try,”
     Jaeshin hands in the ball with a smile. Good boy!

     Yoongi eyes are sharp focusing onto the net. His hands are positioning to a pose that he thinks suitable enough to shoot and comfortable. Without hesitating, he shoots.
     Miracle happens. The ball passes through the net and the notebook fall and touches the ground. A wide smile is plastered on his face and then he chuckles. He shouts and jumps joyfully. Jaeshin lifts her palm to the air and Yoongi gives her a high-five.
     “Ouch!”
     Yoongi stops smiling, and walks to Jaeshin.
     He holds her arm and observes her bruise on the wrist. He runs his thumb to her bruise gently. Jaeshin gulps when she notices the gap between them are not too far. Her heart’s beating fast and her face is getting hotter.
     “Let’s go to the bench,” Yoongi orders.
     After several minutes, Yoongi appears with a small bag of ice and places it onto her bruise.
     “Ah, I… I can do it by myself,” Jaeshin tries to take the ice bag from him but he refuses to give in. He gives her a deathly glance.
     Jaeshin gulps again.
     “Okay, okay,” she gives in.
     “Erm, sorry for the glasses, and the notebook and…”
     “...everything,” Yoongi interrupts.
     “Yes, everything,” Jaeshin snickers.
     Yoongi snickers, too.
 
Jaeshin stares at Yoongi with a soft smile.

   “You’re actually such a nice guy,”“Me?” Yoongi laughs.

  “I thought that I’m the guy who as cold as ice,” Yoongi adds.

  “You are really talented in music you know. You should be one of those people who ruled the world of music,”

  Yoongi silents.