V : Ninth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

     “Didn’t your father was the one did this?”
     She breaks into silence, gazing deeply into grandma’s eyes. She lowered her gaze then turns away.
     “I’m… I’m sorry. I don’t mean to bring up this thing with you,”
     Eunha gets off from the bed then stands up straight in front of Grandma after putting on her tops on. She gives her a 90 degree bend and a smile.
     “Thank you for everything. I’ll pay for your kindness, one day,” she bows again then steps out from the room.
     “Eunha? Are you okay?” Tae gets off from the couch then chases her who is striding to the door. He takes a grip on her wrist, pulling her around to face him.
     “You’re going home? Are you serious?”
     Their gazes engaged for almost a minute when Eunha suddenly lowers her gaze. She frowns, feeling confused to just go home or stay in there. But, she knows that Tae would be in trouble if her dad knows that she tells everything to him. She clears then lifts his face back to look at Tae.
     “I… I really have to go. It’s late, already,” she twists the doorknob then walks away, leaving Tae with his mouth agape. His hand try to reach for her but she is faster. He watches her figure as it becomes not visible in his view.
     He closes the door then walks to the couch. He throws himself on it then gazes on the floor emptily. Taehyun turns to him then waves his hand in front of Tae’s eyes. Taehee raises her brow to Taehyun, then mouths out “what’s wrong?”. Taehyung lifts up his shoulders.
     “I feel… uneasy…” he his neck with his palm.
     He shifts his gaze to the clock on the wall.
     “It’s 10 p.m.”
     Tae gets off from the couch then grabs his cardigan. He runs towards the door while wearing it on his way.
     “Yah! Where are you going?” Taehee shouts out.
     “I’ll be back!”
     Taehee crosses her arms then shook her head. Taehyun taps his palm on his sister’s shoulder gently, trying to make her calm.
     “He must be going to Eunha noona’s house right?”
     “What did you say? Where is he going?”
     Both of them turn to their back in jinx, looking at their grandmother who has her eyes wide opened and agape. They gulp, knowing that what they just said might make Grandma worried.
     …
     He runs quickly in the quiet dark road. He is searching for her and sweating like crazy. He stops and takes a 360 degree turn to see if he could see any of her figure. He stomps his foot hard when there’s not even a shadow of her. He keeps running and searching for her all over the place. He stops for awhile with both of his hands holding his knees while gasping for air. Suddenly, a high-pitched scream caught his attention. He tries to search where does that scream just now came from.
     “Ah!”
     He turns to his left, then walks in the narrow way then found a tiny, sadistic looking house. He takes a peek on the door agape. He could see a girl is lying weakly on the floor. She’s trying to lift her head slowly. He gasps in shock to see that the girl is Eunha. His eyes are wide opened and tears start to form on his eyes. He could not bear to see her conditon now.
     Suddenly, he could see that a man is walking sloppily to her with a bat in his hand. He clenches his fist. He sees some empty glass bottle on his right then grabs one. His eyes are getting wider when he could see that the bat the man’s holding is already in the air, ready to be aimed on Eunha.
     He slams the door open then runs towards the man with the bottle in his hand.
     “EUNHA!!!”
     …
     Tae walks off from the police station weakly. He just finished his Q&A session with the police about Eunha’s case. He flashes back the moment where he was about to attack the man, which probably was her dad. He already ran to him but then he could feel some hands were holding him back, blocking him to proceed with his action. He struggled to get free from Taehee’s and Taehyun’s hold when suddenly…
     … he stopped struggling.
     The bat hit right on her head hard. The floor was filled with her overflowing blood. When he saw that moment right with his own eyes, he stopped to struggle more. He felt like all of his energy been out. He could see that time the cops were budging in and settled everything. He could feel, that time, he also wanted to die. He lowered his gaze then his eyes started to roll down tears heavily.
     “Taehyung-ah?”
     Grandma’s voice snaps him back from his flashback. He lifts his face up then sees Grandma with his sister and brother are looking at him with worried expression plastered on each faces. He walks to them weakly then receives warm hugs from each of them.
     Grandma hugs him the longest. She gazes into his sorrowful eyes deep right after she lets go off the hug. Those beautiful eyes now are filled with grief.
     “Eun… Eun… Eunha... Where... is... Where is... she? “ he murmurs.
     He stops muttering when he sees his grandmother gives him a light and weak shook. He inhales and exhales deeply. He could not believe that he just saw her dead by his own eyes. He hugs Grandma tightly, resting his forehead on her shoulder, crying as his heart content. Taehee could not hold back her tears while Taehyun is giving him pats on his brother’s back.

---- Prologue : V ended ----