RM : Sixth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

“Wow, I never see that side of you,”
    “This is also my first time to see that side of me,”
    “How could it actually happened then?”
    Namjoon suddenly remembered what Nami’s thought of this. But, Namjoon doesn’t think that is logic. So, he just shook his head and pretend like he knows nothing.
    “I’ll be back. I want to wash this glass for a while, okay?” Sujin stands up and takes the glass on the coffee table then walks towards the kitchen.
    Namjoon then sits comfortably. He leans his back against the cushion and inhales deeply. He suddenly heard a conversation by the maids. They are literally whispering but Namjoon still could hear it.
    “Doesn’t she looks familiar?”
    “Yes, unnie! She does look familiar! I think, I saw her somewhere,”
    “What do you mean somewhere? We haven’t exitted this house for almost a month,”
    “I don’t know! But… But I really familiar with her face,”
    “Namjoon?”
    Sujin is standing in front of Namjoon while wiping her wet hand with her shirt. Her eyes looks weirdly to Namjoon because he’s sitting in a weird position. Namjoon quickly fix his position and coughs a bit, clearing his throat.
    “Hey, ermm… Wanna take some fresh air?” Namjoon points his thumb to the door. Sujin just nod and follows his steps. They go to the mini garden that is full of colourful flowers and mini fountain. They sit on the chairs that were made with woods.
    “Can you wait for a second? I left my phone inside your house. Can I go take it?”
    “Oh, yeah, of course,”
    Sujin then leaves him alone. The sound of water dripping out from the fountain is trying not to make the place in silence. Namjoon is staring at the beautiful sky that will gonna set soon.
    “You brought her?”

    Namjoon turns his back and sees Nami is observing the flowers and touches them gently. Nami likes flowers, and Namjoon knew that. Therefore, he disagreed his dad’s suggestion to remove the mini garden to build a new garage.
    “When did you came?”
    “Just now,”
    Suddenly, Namjoon sees a white butterfly layovers Nami’s shoulder. But, Nami seems like did not notice of the butterfly’s presence. He suddenly remembers something.
    “Why did you lied to me?”
    “I lied to you?”
    “I know you didn’t have any extra classes just now. Where have you been?”
    Nami does not answer his question but she just continue admiring the flowers. A smile appears on her fair face.
    “Oppa, do you really think Dad still loves us?”
    “Duhh… Dad stops Mom from killing us? You also heard the conversation, didn’t you?”
    “I heard it all. Because that I’m denying that fact,”
    Namjoon suddenly feels numb when Nami’s eyes are looking straight on his eyes. He feels like there’s a sudden power that makes him unable to move or talk.
    “Let me tell you,”
    …
     “Are you crazy?! Think rationally, woman! What will mother think if we did that? Didn’t she will suspect something? Plus, she will hate us! Because all she wanted is them,”
     Mrs. Kim is breathing heavily. Her forehead is seamy.
     “Then what?!”
     “If we can’t kill those kids, we can kill her,”
     “Your mother?”
     “Yes,”
     “Then? They still have the shares because their names had been written on the will!”
     “Just kill them both after mother. Then, no one will suspect something on us, right? Just, do something. Accident, suicide, food poisoning. There’s so much more,”
     “But… If all of them happen in the same year, won’t they suspect something?”
     “Who says we’ll make them happen in the same year?”
     …
     “How… How can’t I…?”
     “Because you’re too worried of me, your thoughts were not focusing on what they’re talking that time,”
     The gentle breezes blow Nami’s long hair. She looks just like her mother. But, I know she’s not as evil as her. She’s an angel. She’s probably a gift from heaven.
     “But, nothing happened to us,”
     Nami snickers. Her eyes suddenly become teary.
    “You can do this, oppa. Stay strong. I’m hoping the best for you,” Nami starts to walk further from him.
    “Wait… Wha-”
    “Namjoon?”
    Namjoon turns his back and sees Sujin is walking towards him with her bag on her back.
    “Who are you talking to?”
    “My sister, she was here just now…”
    Sujin looks at his clueless face.
    “She then walks…”
    He stops talking when he sees a phone in Sujin’s hand.
    “By the way, what took you so long to go inside and take your phone?”
    “So long? I went inside and then straightly went here after taking my things. And I think I did that just in split of seconds. What do you mean by ‘so long’?”
    Namjoon is totally speechless and shocked. But, he tries to hide them.
    “Oh… No… Nothing,”
    Sujin takes a seat on the chair in front of Namjoon.
    “This garden is just beautiful! I have always admired and wanted to go here,” Sujin smiles widely.
    And that makes Namjoon smiles too.
    “If I’d be you, I’d rather pick the room at the lowest floor. Don’t you think it’s tiring to walk upstairs every time you want to go to your room?”
    “No, never thought of that. Plus, the rooms on the highest floor are usually much bigger than down there,”
    “Oh, I see,”
    “Sujin-ah,”
    “Hmm?”

    “You’re the first girl I brought to my house,”
    Sujin smiles shyly.
    “And, do you mind if you stay?”
    “Stay? Here?” Sujin looks shocked as hell.
    “No, I want you to stay in my heart,”
    Sujin cover her reddened face with her both palms. She lets a little laugh from .
    Namjoon holds Sujin hands, both of her hands. Their eyes meet.
    “I just met you like yesterday. But, we’re spending our times like we have met each other for years. Okay. In other words, I like you,”
    “Why did you like me? There are lots of other hot girls out there. But, I’m not like them,”
    “Exactly. That’s the reason why I like you,”
    Sujin smiles, and those words touched her heart and make her burst into tears.
    “You’re the first one to said those words to me,”
    “And I don’t mind if I also could be the last,”
    Sujin wipes her tears off with her small hands. But, the tears seems like keep pouring out and don’t want to stop.
    Namjoon holds her face and and wipes her tears with both of his thumbs. His face is getting nearer and nearer with hers. The gap between both of their lips are getting smaller and smaller. But, suddenly, Sujin withdraws steps and her face is facing down. Her hair is covering her whole face.
    “Are you sure?”
    “What… do you mean?”
    “You know that you’re making decision in such a short period of time,”
    “But… But, I’m serious! I do like you! I love you!”
    “Namjoon-ah,”
    “It’s your first time to call my name,”
    “Yes. Because I want you to listen, carefully,”
    Sujin walks towards him and holds his face gently with both of her hands. Namjoon could feel her soft and cold hands.
    “Don’t easily trust people, especially those people that you just met,”
    Her eyes are still pouring heavily and it seems to get even heavier. Her hands slowly release his face and she starts to walk away, leaving Namjoon behind, alone. Namjoon just stands still, like a statue, at the middle of the mini garden. He is still clueless and can’t process what just happened, and the words that she just said.
    What… is happening actually?