J : Ninth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

     He recalls the last moment he spent with Yunlee before she left him forever. He is actually just got back from the cemetery. He takes off his black tie and blazer and also his black pants. Leaving the white shirt and his pair of shorts only on his body. He lies weakly on his bed with both of his dowry eyes opened. He can’t let out tears anymore, he let it out too much just now.
     “Seokjin-ah… Come and have dinner, darling,” he could hear his mother is calling his name out. He does not have the energy to reply his mother back, so he just remains silent. Suddenly, he could hear a knock at his door.
     “May I come in, dear?”
     “Yes,”
     Mrs. Kim opens the door slowly. Her heart sank when she sees her son’s pathetic condition. She sighs slowly and ambles to him. She takes a seat beside her son then runs her fingers to his hair, his bangs off his face.
     “You can’t be like this, Jin,” she mutters.
     “I need some time, mom,” he murmurs.
     Mrs. Kim nods weakly. She gets up from his bed then saunters to the door.
     “I’ll leave your dinner in the fridge. If you’re hungry, just heat it up, okay?”
     She closes the door and leaves her son alone.
     …
     He opens his eyes slowly. He just sleep for only about half an hour, since he can’t get his sleep properly. He gets up from the bed and his eyes wander around. His room looks a dark even though it’s already 7 in the morning. He walks to the window and takes a grip on the curtains then slides them off. The bright sunrays shine into his room, illuminating every edges and sides in it. He steps outside his room and sees his mother just stepped out from the house. Seems like his mother is going out for somewhere.
     It’s good for him too. He does not feel to talk to anyone. He does not have the mood.
     He could see a plate of sandwiches and a glass of orange juice on the table and he’s sure that Mrs. Kim made it just for him. Maybe he’ll eat that later. He just doesn’t have the mood to open his mouth yet. He just takes a short shower then decides to return the pickup he rented last week. He grabs the key then steps out from the house.
     He sits on the driver seat. His eyes are locked on the steering wheel then shifting his gaze to the seat beside him, where Yunlee used to sit when they were on the ‘vacation’. He tries his best to hold on his tears, but he fails. He watches how the soft cushion is absorbing his tears real quick as quick as his tears streaming down by his cheeks. He leans his forehead on the steering. With all of his remaining strength, he fists the dashboard as his heart content.
     He held his head up when the compartment box suddenly opens by itself. Maybe the effect of his powerful fist. He leans over to close it back when something in the box caught his attention. He digs in his hand in the box and takes out something before closing the box back. He observes it in detail and his tears start to stream down back again. His lips curved slowly into a weak smile.
     He is holding a polaroid of Yunlee that he took at the gas station that day. What makes him smile is there is “Stay tough” written at the bottom polaroid. Somehow, he feels a bit relief after finding the polaroid. He runs his palm on both of his cheeks, wiping the tears off. Suddenly, a voice startled him.
     “Feel a bit okay, now?”
     Jin sneers.
     “Yeah,”
     “Don’t stop smiling,”
     Jin scoffs, his tears are about to roll down again for the third time by hearing her words.
     “I’ll do it for you,”
     “That’s my boy,”

---- Prologue : Jin ended ----