JH : Sixth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

“Just… stay out of this,” she murmurs.
     Hoseok is walking back and forth with anger and dissatisfaction on his face.
     “Did your sister knows about this?”
     “No! Say nothing to her!”
     “How…?”
     Hoseok takes a look on her, scanning her from head to toe then giving her a light shook.
     “So, you are pregnant all this time?” he scoffs in disbelief.
     “Shut. Up,”
     Both of their eyes are locked on each other.
     Hoseok lets out a heavy sigh.
     “Who’s the guy…?”
     She frowns in confusion.
     “Are we really talking about this?”
     “WHO’S THE FREAKING GUY?”
     She gulps. She throws her gaze somewhere else, try not to meet his.
     “You don’t know him,” she murmurs.
     Suddenly, a thing comes into his mind.
     “By chance…”
     She faces up, looking at Hoseok who is staring her in dissatisfaction.
     “It can’t be…”
     “What?” her arms are crossed.
     “Your ex-boyfriend?”
     She grunts again.
     “Who are you talk to me about this? You’re way more younger than me so shut up. You know nothing! You’re still a kid! You’re not matured enough!” she screams and shouts, stressing out.
     He sneers in disbelief.
     “Well, matured enough not to do what you’ve done at least,”
     She gets up from her seat and starts to pack her things up.
     “Hey, hey! Where are you going?!” he shouts when he sees her starts to walk off from the studio.
     “To the house,”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Her eyes watch the woman in front of her walking in fast pace. She shook, looking at her in unmanageable situation. With messed up hair and swollen face, runny nose and wet shirt because of tears, it’s been a usual thing for her to see, but still, the pain she’s feeling never could get lessen. Her heart aches worse and worser every time she could hear the woman’s tears. With the bottles of empty beer beside her, this view really cuts her heart.
     She walks to the woman and leans in between her arm and her body. She wraps the woman’s body with her small, skinny arms. She leans her head on her chest, trying to hold on her tears back. Her palm on the woman’s back is rubbing and patting it gently with love and sincerity.
     “Minji-ah, I’m sorry,” she murmurs, between could be heard and not.
      She nods gently.
      “I… It… It’s o… Okay,” she stutters, choked on her tears.
     She could feel how warm the woman’s hug and when her fingers are running through her hair, playing and ruffling it gently. She knows, how bad she is, how unstable she is, how weird and unorganized she is, she is still someone who is important in Minji’s life. She’ll be there for the woman in her ups and downs, in her every success and falls.
     “Minji-ah,”
     “Erm?”
     “Do you think the boy that came to our house that day is good?”
     Minji nods gently.
     “Yes, I could see and feel that he’s a good guy,”
     Hyeji cups Minji’s face with her palms.
     “Minji-ah… Hey… Look at me,”
     With her teary eyes, Minji lays her eyes on hers. Hyeji wipes off her rolling tears with her thumbs.
     “Minji-ah, my one and only,” she mutters again. A sweet smile is added at the end.
     “Yes?” Minji replies.
     “One day, when you need a help or hope or anything… And when that time…. You can’t get help from me… Just go and search for him, ok?” she plays with Minji’s hair strands on her bangs.
     “What do you mean by, I can’t get help from you?”
     Hyeji just smiles sweetly yet Minji could see clearly her sorrowful behind the smile.
     “You’ll know that. Don’t worry,”
     Minji just looks away.
     “Do you get it, Minji-ah?”
     She smiles weakly.
     “Yes… Yes, I get it,... Mom,”