SG : Sixth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

    “No, you’re not that cold actually,” Jaeshin voices out.
    “I don’t?” Yoongi is shocked with Jaeshin confession.
    “I think if I can symbolize you to any element, you would be fire more than water. It makes sense though. Your spirit of music are burning and would never fade out even though your family strictly forbid you from keep going on with this. Your gaze is strong and could make people feel fear of you. But if those people get closer to you, they actually could feel how warm were you. Just like fire, if you could handle it with care and get closer to it, you’ll feel warm and comfortable,” Jaeshin gives him a long explanation.
     “But… fire… could harm people…”
     Jaeshin titters, and adds, ”You look scary if you’re feeling unsatisfied only. When you’re feeling that way, your fire is flaming and blazing, you know?”
     “I see,” Yoongi nods.
     But if those people get closer to you, they actually could feel how warm were you.

     “You do feel comfortable and warm around me?” Yoongi looks straight into her eyes.
     Jaeshin somehow feels embarrassed to answer, so she just replies him with a gentle nod.
     “Thanks,”
     There are fireworks exploding inside of her heart, making her heart beats faster. Suddenly, the situation is filled with awkward silence. She gets up from her seat, because the awkwardness makes her could not stay still. She bounces her ball and then faces Yoongi.
     “Yoongi-ah, let’s play,”
     Yoongi takes a look at the sky. He notices the weather is kinda windy and the clouds are light grey. Maybe it won’t rain for the time being, his heart whispers. He gets up and cracks his knuckles. He steps into the court and stands opposite her. She is smirking with her bouncing ball in her hand. Yoongi gives her his annoyed and im-freaking-judging-you look, but Yoongi knows that actually he would stare that gorgeous face of her every day.
     Wait, what did I just feel…?
     “Come and get this, if you can!”
     Yoongi shooks and notices Jaeshin already ran away with the ball. He chases Jaeshin quickly and tries to seize the ball from her. Out of the blue, he could feel rain droplets touch his fair skin, but he doesn’t care, the game just get started. Like someone have said, finish what you have started (lol). Jaeshin also looks like has no intention to stop the game. So they just keep playing even though the rain is starting to get heavier.
     The floor is getting slippery because of the downpour. She is now right in front of the net. She is about to shoot the ball in when suddenly she gets unstable. Her leg slips, the ball is in the air. She closes her eyes and hoping for the best. Her heart beats rapidly. Her impulse is increasing. Out of sudden, she could feel someone’s holding and grabbing her from back. They fall and roll on the floor. Yoongi and Jaeshin are now is lying on the floor, facing each other.
     “Yoongi-ah! Are you okay? Yoongi?” she gets up and places her palms to Yoongi’s face.
     Yoongi grabs both of her wrists and open his eyes. He gets up and fixes his position. He sits, crossed-legs facing her, still grabbing her wrists. He clears his throat.
     “We shouldn’t play when it’s heavily rain you know?”
     Jaeshin hugs him tightly. Her cheek touches his. She whispers out ‘sorry’ to Yoongi’s ear. Yoongi tries not to look too shocked. He uncrossed his legs and let them lay straightly on the floor. Jaeshin is now in between his legs. Yoongi wraps his arms to her back and pats her.
     “Feel warmer?”
     Jaeshin nods.
     It is Yoongi’s first time to concern about other people except for himself and his family. And, it’s his first time to hug someone without reluctant. It is also his first time to feel comfortable to hug someone and seems like he does not want to let this hug go, if he could. Suddenly, Jaeshin starts to voice out.
     “By seeing you, I always work harder to be a better player, even though I can’t be a musician. But by getting to hear songs especially yours, it is just more than enough. I just realized that you’re my spirit booster,” she says, softly to Yoongi’s ear.
     By listening to those words, he is now confirmed that she is worth it. He knows that he should not just keep this in. He also wants to say something. He tightens his hug, making her shook for his sudden intimacy that she never expected.
     “By seeing your face, by feeling your presence, by watching your smiles, by knowing you always be there beside me no matter where I go and supporting me for whatever I do, you always be the one who could make my ego, my blazing fire smaller and ‘tame’,”
     Jaeshin is shocked with his confessions. She never has a thought for someone like him to speak those kind of words. She’s feeling even warmer. Her lips then draw out a wide, bright smile.
     “You’re my fire,”
     “And you’re my water,”