J : Sixth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

Tears roll down of Jin’s cheek. He wipes them every time it tries to drop off. Both Donghwi and Jess stares him sorrowfully.
     “I really wish that that you could hear this, Jin-ah. I’m… seriously… very sorry of what I’ve done. I have no intention of… making you keep bad memories. I’m… really… really… sorry,” Jess begs.
     “Jin?”
     Jin turns to his back and sees Yunlee is smiling to him.
     “Why are you here?” she strodes to him and takes a seat right beside him.
     “I don’t know. It’s just… There’s a feel that I really have to go here,”
     She sneers.
     “They must have wanted you to go here. So, they called you to come. We used to spend our time studying and playing around here, right?” Yunlee picks one of the fallen leaves and examined every edges, curves and holes on it.
     “I remember how Jess really likes autumn leaves,” she smiles.
     Jess smiles. So does Donghwi.
     “I think we should leave them behind, Jess,” Donghwi is about to leave when Jess suddenly grabs his wrist.
     “Wait,”
     “Let us capture some pictures on polaroid, shall we?” Jin takes out his pink instax out from his bag.
     “Shall we?” Jess grins to Donghwi. He gives her a ‘seriously’ look.
     “1… 2…”
     “Come on!”
     Jess and Donghwi run towards their back and lean their chin on the bench right behind of their heads.
     “3!”
     A film comes out from the thin long hole. He plucks it out and places it on the bench’s holder.
     “And another one for Yunlee-ssi,”
     Jess and Donghwi make different poses.
     “Here, this is yours,” Jin hands in a polaroid to Yunlee.
     “Yunlee-ah,”
     “Ah, I’m sorry. Erm, couple minutes please?” she presses both of her index fingers’ tips together. Jin nods gently.
     Yunlee gets up from her seat and jogs her way to her friend when she suddenly falls on her hips.
     “Ah!”
     “Oh, come on. Not again,” Jin is worried with her ‘clumsiness’. Nowadays, she is always lost her balance and easily got slipped and tripped.
     “It’s okay. You know I’m getting used to it,”
      She gets up from the floor and walks to her friends.
      Jess sighs.
     “I feel sorry for them,”
     “You really should,”
     Jess gives Donghwi a ‘seriously’ look.
     “That’s not from me,” Donghwi points out his finger to Jin.
     Both of them are shook af.
     “I could hear but I could not see. So, don’t worry. I won’t be seeing your shook faces,”
     Both of them chuckle and giggle.
     “But, I could hear a little. Not all. But, by the time flies, I won’t be hearing any of your voices again,” Jin speaks again.
     “Ah, so because of that you could hear me at the first place, don’t you?”
     Jin nods and smirks playfully.
     “Well, my ability has its own limits too,”
     “And I’m back,” Yunlee takes her seat back.
    Jin gasps in shocked. She giggles.
    Suddenly, Yunlee sighs.
    “It must be great if four of us could stay together like we used to, forever, right?” her lips curve into a weak smile.
    Jin nods. His fingers are slowly moving to hers.
    “Yeah,”
    Jess bursts into tears. Donghwi is patting and caressing her back gently then pulls her into his embrace. Listening to her words, she could hold her tears no more. Even though she knows that the tears are worthless as regret is, she just could not bear seeing her friends keep talking about how they have missed them so much.
     If only Yunlee could hear her tears right now…
    Jin lets out a heavy sigh.
    “Everything is disappearing… One by one… In my life…”
    Yunlee turns to him. She could feel tears start to form on her eyes.
    “Don’t say it…” she murmurs, almost whispering.
    “Jess and Donghwi left me at the same time…”
    Her tears start to roll off down her cheeks. Her gaze then slowly shifted to the ground.
    “... don’t leave me… Yunlee-ah,”
    She presses her palm on her face, cupping her nose and lips while her other hand is still in Jin’s grip. She shook numerously. Jess who is still crying, has stopped sobbing when their conversation makes her confused and suspicious. Donghwi also feels the same.
     “What… What are you guys talking about?” Donghwi stutters. He is frowning in confusion.
     “I had enough losing my best friends… But I can’t bear it anymore,” Jin is gazing on Yunlee who is still crying.
     “What do you mean… you can’t bear it anymore?” Jess asks with a bit remaining of her sobs.
     Jin pulls her into his warm hug. He could not hug her too tight or else she might get hurt.
     “I… I… I can’t… I can’t help you… I’m so… Sorry…” Yunlee clutches his shoulders firmly. She leans her face on his chest, crying out loud.
     “JIN! WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING ACTUALLY? TELL US!” Donghwi shouts with hope Jin would answer them.