JM : Fifth Chapter

Prologue : The Hidden Story

     Jimin keeps on practicing with his and Yein’s selfmade choreography when she walks out from the studio to answer her sudden phone call. She is quite shock to see that the phone call is actually from her mom. She wipes off her sweat that is dripping down by her cheeks before answering the call.
     “Happy birthday, Yein-ah,”
     She pulls away the phone further from her ears to check the caller’s name once again. She raises her eyebrows before sticking her phone back beside her ear.
     “Wow, you remembered?”
     “How can I don’t remember my one and only daughter’s birthday?”
     Those words make her heart ease. Her lips curved sweetly. Seems like she is moved to her mother’s wish.
     “Thanks,”
     “What are you doing? Is everything fine? Just tell the driver to bring you to anywhere you want and don’t forget to bring along any maids or your friends along, so you won’t be walking alone,”
     I don’t have friends, mom. Come on.
     “Oh, anyways, mom. I’m working on the competition! We’re practicing. We are so excited and can’t wait to see all eyes will be spotting their lights on us,” she voices, proudly.
     “We?”
     Yein facepalms.
     “Ah, I forgot to tell you about my pair,”
     “Your pair?”
     “Yes, mom. Don’t worry! He’s seriously a good dancer. He’s way better than me. No worries, mom. I’m so sure we could win this competition. It would be a piece of cake,”
     “Then, you won’t get the spotlight, then,”
     “Huh?”
…..
     “Is everything okay?”
     Yein lifts her face up and faces Jimin. He gulps in some water from his bottle and his eyes are still on her. He is waiting for her answer.
     “Yeah. Everything is good,”
     He twists the bottle cap to tighten. He puts the bottle on the floor.
     “Are you sure?”
     “Yeah. I’m so sure. My mom just wished me,”
     “Oh. That’s great,”
     He puts everything in his bag, his face towel and his water bottle.
     “What?” Yein stops dancing and crosses her arms when Jimin pauses the song out of sudden.
     “Enough for today. We still have time for that,”
     “What you wanna do now? Wasting time by hanging out around at cafes and arcades? We can’t do that,” she places her hands on her hips.
     “Of course we can. Spending time on your birthday is not called wasting time,”
………..
     They leave the building together. Jimin lifts his face higher and his head keeps facing left and right numerously.
     “Hey, what are you searching for?” she also keeps turning her head left and right.
     “Taxi or bus. The restaurant is kinda far from here. The restaurant with the best seaweed soup I’ve ever tasted,” he lifts up his thumbs and then back to search for any available transportations.
     “Just tell the driver to bring you to anywhere you want and don’t forget to bring along any maids or your friends along, so you won’t be walking alone,”

     “Come on. I have a better one,”
     She grips his wrist and saunters to a black car parked in front of them.
     “Welcome aboard, Mr. Park,” Yein opens the door for him.
     He chuckles to see the girl to do that instead of him. He just steps in followed by Yein.

………
     “That seaweed soup is better than my maid’s. I’m totally agree with you,”
     They take a stroll after having a little birthday feast just now. They are chatting with each other with some chuckles and giggles follow along. They take their seats on a bench. Both of their eyes are amazed of the breathtaking view of the lake of the garden.
     “Thanks,”
     Jimin sneers.
     “No problem. I know you’re a loner that you never experience this things before,”
     She slaps him on his thigh, making him laughs and screams in pain at the same time. She frowns and gets up from her seat.
     “Hey… Hey… Where are you going?” Jimin says with a few chuckles still remaining.
     Her eyes catch something interesting. She pulls his hands hardly making him to get up from his seat as well.
     “What are you… WOOAHH!”
     She pushes his back making him to fall onto a very big heap of fallen and dry leaves. The leaves are scattering around and some of them are floating in the air slowly falling down. Jimin rolls to face up with him still lying. He likes it to see the leaves to fall down slowly. It feels like seeing the soft feathers scattering around after you playing pillow fight with someone.
     “Hey. Come on. Get up,” she hands out her hand. Jimin holds her and pulls her to his beside, making both of them giggle and chuckle cheerfully with the dry leaves are all around them.
     “Let’s capture this into polaroids, shall we?”
………..
     Yein is busy gazing on the beautiful view of the lake while Jimin is still staring on the polaroid that they just captured few minutes ago. His lips curved cheekily and he sneers. He turns to his right to face Yein and suddenly he chuckles.
     “Hey. What’s so funny?” she sneers.
     He picks a leaf that was stucked on her long hair with his fingers and he brings it closer to her eyes then throws it away.
     “Woah, I thought you’re a person with no fun,”
     “Yeah, I got no fun,” she nods in approval.
     Jimin frowns.
     “Hey, I’m only joking,” he taps her shoulder. He leans back against the bench.
     “No wonder I have no friends,” she sneers again.
     “Come on. Then, what am I?” Jimin pokes his cheeks with both of his fingers.
     She smiles seeing him acting silly and cute at the same time.
     “Thank you, tho. For today,”
     “No prob,”
     “You’re the beeeeeest friend I have ever had,” she pulls out her thumbs out.
     “Correction. The best and only friend I have ever had,” he jokes and chuckles. He groans in pain after receiving a few slaps from her. He rubs on his thigh. He smiles when he sees Yein is pouting.
     “You are the best and only dance partner I have ever had,” he smiles.
     Yein lowered her eyes, doesn’t have the guts to meet her eyes with his when she suddenly remembered her conversation with her mother this morning.
…………
     “Yes, mom. Don’t worry! He’s seriously a good dancer. He’s way better than me. No worries, mom. I’m so sure we could win this competition. It would be a piece of cake,”
     “Then, you won’t get the spotlight, then,”
     “Huh?”
     “You said he’s way better than you. Then what if the man picks him instead of you?”
     She bits her bottom lip in confusion and guilt.
     “Well, it’s a fact, tho… He deserves it… By the way,” she stutters.
     She could hear her mom sighs heavily.
     “No, Yein. NO. I don’t want you to be partner with him. If you want a partner, pick someone who is in dancing. And also, don’t let him participate the competition. You heard me, girl?”
     She lowered her eyes. She gazes on the floor. She in her lips and her heart is beating rapidly. She is hesitating. She knows this is bad and she should not betray him.
     But, seems like betraying is not an option. It’s an order.